test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 4/2 @ 6am PDT

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2015 in Super News Network
Maintenance is going to start a little early this week, we're having an account server maintenance. In theory, we should get done at the normal time.

This maintenance will add the Imaginary Weapons and Cowboyification Ray to the FoxbatCon rewards, and I'm happy to announce it'll also kick off double XP.

Start time: 6am PDT
Estimated duration: 2.5 - 3.5 hours.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    double XP
    hmm;......
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
    HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
    PJtYzbs.gif
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Completeeeeeeeeete!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You seriously can't stand to wear a cowboy hat for eight seconds???
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gradi's just not your huckleberry, ah reckon. :wink:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    time to reload all the alts.
    and he new ones I created since the last dbl xp.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    You seriously can't stand to wear a cowboy hat for eight seconds???

Being lit on fire, blown backwards, or shot through with bullets is fine: Having your fashion settings changed for a negliable amount of time though? Them's fighting words, pardner. :)
  • Options
    aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Invisible Weapons? Cowboyification Ray? DOUBLE XP?! :D

tumblr_ncnf4qp68m1tkbbvfo3_500.gif
    Champions: @ace112233
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you don't want to be effected by Foxbat shenanigans then simply avoid Foxbat territory.

Though its a shame that a fun device is pointless for most of the year because of an upset minority. I'm hoping there is a bug that doesn't disable them when the event is over and that it takes a couple years for it to get fixed.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is your fun REALLY "ruined" when you might have to wear a cowboy hat and boots (unless you have certain head coverings, such as Hoods) for all of eight seconds, during Foxbatcon only? Is your sense of fun that severely limited, or are you simply incapable of pretending that it's not there when it's going to vanish in a moment anyway?

Hells, I might have gotten zapped a few times - I wouldn't know, because I'm usually either talking to someone or doing something that keeps me from examining my toon for several seconds at a time.

In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis."
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually it seems most headwear options and head top accessories cancel out the effects of the cowboy ray.

I got one and was testing it out on SG members and such last night and was pretty surprised at how many of them were immune.

Also the duration is so short you could blink and you might miss it...
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    The device never should have worked on players AT ALL PERIOD.

But the device is far from useless. it works on mobs, bosses, most everything else.

Are these things REALLY only fun when it ruins someone elses??!

Just go do missions in the desert, where it enhances the experience.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Closing thread -- might be a bit preemptive, but such is the way of things.

I know that there's a risk that it will be abused by some players. On the balance, though, our evaluation is that it'll be fun for about a week before the legitimate players start getting tired of it. As such, we've limited it for that week. As always, if anyone is using the ray to the point of genuine harassment -- particularly if they've already been asked to stop -- it's always reasonable to send in a ticket to CS. While it'll be difficult to tel where to draw the line, I promise CS will look at it.
This discussion has been closed.