test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CO Launcher Issues & SRN

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC & Technical Issues
Alright this is getting stupid now, Zone has this same issue alot and I've bumped all the other posts about this issue, seems Outrage still happens,So, Launcher seems to take its time to load and when I got in, No HP and I was the only living soul in the city, no NPCs or Players. Did something happen or your Hamsters died? .chop chop, we don't have time for this!.

However I'll post each issue that has come up, from the start, please note that my net is crystal clear, I even rebooted the modem, so this is all clearly your side!.

1st Issue: First Issue is that this gets stuck here, sometimes this happens for a few seconds or even longer, not before having issues to even start the launcher in the first place

Link To Black Loading Image: Issue_1.png

2nd Issue:

Once that has loaded or I restarted the launcher, this freezes here or takes forever to load, stuck in the loading part of the game. While with that the images, the links and text all the fancy stuff on the launcher goes insane and gets really big or too small to read, or even copies itself onto itself.

Link To Messed Up Launcher & Slow Loading: Issue_Messed_up_text.png

3rd Issue:

Once thats done or fixes itself, this happens, it gets stuck on the loading/patching and it takes forever to load, or sometimes never does, it takes mins to full hours. only way to fix this is restart or wait forever.

Link To Ptaching Issue: Issue_2.png

More Links Below, cuz the forms are idiotic and won't let me have more then 4 images, boohoo
Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here is more Issues found:

4th Issue:

So after 2-3 full hours, yes it took THAT long, I fianily get this, its fully loaded but there is this missing Icon, however I can still "click it"

Link To Missing Icon: Untitled.jpg

5th Issue: Once I'm fianily in-game, this freezes or takes along time to load at this loading point, takes a while and sometimes I seen SNR

Link To In-Game Loading: image.jpg

Once that is done, it takes forever to go into CC or even load into the game, this is one of the errors, Listing Map, Data Issue or doesn't even connect at all.

Link To Listing Map and Data Issue: Untitled2.jpg

Last Issue: Finally once all is loaded, and I'm In-game everything around me is gone, No NPCs, No Players, If I move around I get sent back to the same spot, sometimes the map doesn't even load and then fianily everything loads, I sadly didn't get an snap-shot of the missing map or NPCs but I did get this, this happens to chat, powers Freinds/Player List, Alerts everything.

Link To Final Issue: image.jpg

Remember, this is NOT my issue, this happens to alot of players, who reported it to me and freinds, my net is crystal clear, websites work and even steam works fine. STO has the same issue but not this serious.

Thank You For Reading and I hope BY TOMORROW, this is fixed
    Psi.
  • pskittenpskitten Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My fiance has been having this issue for about 2 days now. :/
    Tried everything to fix it.
    Reinstalling both Arc & CO, nothing.
    Switching settings,
    and basically everything it says to do.
    Hopefully someone has a fix??
    Cause I'm stumped, it's working perfectly fine on my computer, I don't understand why he would be having the problem. It just started up randomly too.
    Got kicked out of the server, the whole SNR stuff.
    Then boom, nothing worked.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pskitten wrote: »
    My fiance has been having this issue for about 2 days now. :/
    Tried everything to fix it.
    Reinstalling both Arc & CO, nothing.
    Switching settings,
    and basically everything it says to do.
    Hopefully someone has a fix??
    Cause I'm stumped, it's working perfectly fine on my computer, I don't understand why he would be having the problem. It just started up randomly too.
    Got kicked out of the server, the whole SNR stuff.
    Then boom, nothing worked.

Holy small text batman, you might wanna resize it.
    Psi.
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not looking for any technical help, because I know I'm not going to get any.

But I've been having this issue for the last few weeks and I've decided it's simply time to move on with my life.

I've been a subscribing player for years now. My next billing date is tomorrow - the 19th.

I'm just giving notice to Cryptic that because of the error that the OP is having - that I am also having - and that doesn't seem to be acknowledged in ANY WAY whatsoever, I am cancelling my sub TONIGHT.

If Cryptic/PWE are not interested in retaining me as a customer by seeing to my (and many other peoples) needs in regards to such a SIMPLE THING as actually LOADING THE GAME, then I'm no longer interested in giving them money. Period. It's just that simple.

Thanks. It's been a fun run up until now. But I'm done with your company until this gets fixed. And maybe not even then.

No. You can't have my stuff. Because that would require me TO LOG IN TO GIVE IT TO YOU.

And I can't do that anymore.

Goodbye and peace out.
  • ellaninellanin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Again... today....I keep trying to log in over the day, and not just today but the past few days....

Please can we please fix the Server not responding? I can't even log in after this mornings SNR. It gets so bad I have 5-10 sec in-between the SNR's until eventually, not kicked punted out of the game so I can't get back in. I know it isn't just me, many of my Champions friends are dealing with the same. Please fix this. I would like to play for more than 10 sec or at all...

Just got SNR'ed and kicked and can't get back in am so frustrated this keeps happening. Can you please listen and fix this issue? :confused:
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still experiencing frequent lag spikes making the game difficult to play.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    T ry traceroute, to see if its getting blocked anywhere along the route to cryptic.A lot of people are getting blocked in Cogent due to another provider choking them.

command prompt
    tracert patcherserver.crypticstudios.com

next if you are using ARC, try running it form the exe file instead.

it's in games/cryptic studios/live/ on mine.

next
    check out the bugs section on STO,all 3 groups, they have major login problems for various reasons.

The players have come up with a lot of work arounds.

if you can get in, check video options, down the bottom under troubleshooting, and make sure yours is on the Directx9/9.E option.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!