test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance 3/26 @ 7am PDT

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2015 in Super News Network
Weekly maintenance tomorrow, normal time. This will be the start of FoxbatCon, which will be amazing and fish-filled. Phase 1 begins this week, Phase 2 begins on 4/1, and if everything goes well, we'll have at least one new reward available on 4/2.

Changes: We've fixed the timers for the cosplayers, so it counts logged-out time instead of just counting based on logged-in time. We also did some work on the Holo Heels and male Lab Coat, but when we put them on PTS, players feedback was mixed on whether the changes took effect. Your mileage may vary.

Start time: 7am PDT
Estimated Duration: 1.5 hours.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Our maintenance is done, but we're keeping the server closed for a few minutes more: There's some account server stuff that needs to finish checking, so we're holding back until that's finalized.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Maintenance: Complete!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Spoke too soon! We should be open momentarily, engineers are handling something else quick before opening the CO server.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Your engineers used the Scotty approach before, and it seemed to be a hit with the playerbase (always give a time estimate well in excess of how long you think it'll really take; if things work well, you're a miracle worker, and if not, it's still under the estimate). They really ought to do that every week.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Your engineers used the Scotty approach before, and it seemed to be a hit with the playerbase (always give a time estimate well in excess of how long you think it'll really take; if things work well, you're a miracle worker, and if not, it's still under the estimate). They really ought to do that every week.

Eh... I understand the principle, but I don't want people to set their alarms for 9am when they could get back in at 8am. For a regular maintenance, instead of something hair-raising and fraught with potential problems, I'd rather just give a realistic estimate. :/
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do we have some sort of problem at the moment? I'm trying to log in but all I get on the client is "Unable to authenticate:Connection to the account server timed out" again and again.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    silentknight6666silentknight6666 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Confirmed. It's not letting me in either.

Same error message.
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can't get in, either on any cryptic game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    childofaeonchildofaeon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same here. Account server times out within moments.
  • Options
    silentknight6666silentknight6666 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Fixed now it seems.

Thanks!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Fixed now it seems.

Thanks!

same for me......thanks!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    We're currently having some issues with our account server that are blocking logins -- we'll have them fixed ASAP.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Seems to be fixed now -- if anyone's still having issues logging in, let me know.
  • Options
    mrbeatzeromrbeatzero Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Got disconnected from the server a few times. Now am unable to log back in.

Also, when starting up the game launcher, it just keeps loading with a black screen.

Having the same problem, just randomly lost it.
  • Options
    fenrichwulffenrichwulf Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Right now I lost connection to the servers completely, now when trying to start up the launcher it is stuck on trying to connect, why can't one thing be fixed without 100 other things get destroyed/ruined?
  • Options
    vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    uhm, so this time is not falt of my internet provider :biggrin:
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Issues are present. Had to log out to go pick up my nephew from the bus and now I can't log back in. Can't connect to chat via XMPP either. Supposed to be having an RP event tonight with some friend so hopefully you guys will get this fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mrbeatzero wrote: »
    Having the same problem, just randomly lost it.
    vinxbr wrote: »
    uhm, so this time is not falt of my internet provider :biggrin:

Its the fault of perfect world studios kicking most of the competent developers to help make the whole damned game more stable, so yeah! Thanks PWI.

FOr champions online in particular that is.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I blame the invisible guns!!!!
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    dorianfraydorianfray Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are we having more problems? The server kicked me just now, and now the launcher can't seem to connect. I checked my internet connection and it's fine.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bug fixes?
    Actual content?
    Listening to the community?
    Balancing powers?

NAAH... Let's give em moar lockboxes and badly-made costume sets. That keeps those st*pid players throwing money in our wallets.
    "Perfect" World...

That is exactly what I think xD
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its the fault of perfect world studios kicking most of the competent developers to help make the whole damned game more stable, so yeah! Thanks PWI.

FOr champions online in particular that is.

The good news is they seem to be aware of the issue. The bad news is I had to goto the STO boards to find out that they were aware. I love how they communicate with us.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Having this problem myself. C'mon guys, I got Foxbat to find!