test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Error Message: You may not log in from this IP address.

melangraenmelangraen Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC & Technical Issues
My friend is getting this error message. She was on about an hour ago and tried to log back in immediately. She has tried several times to login now and keeps getting the error message:

You may not log in from this IP address.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Post edited by melangraen on

Comments

• Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have the same issue. I've been playing off and on today, most recently on PTS trying out a new build. When I logged out to get back on Live this evening, I got the "You may not log in from this IP address." message.

Any idea what's happening?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Getting the same thing here. I'm going to try from a different computer.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Probably ip-banned a ridiculously generic IP address range.
  • Options
    knazzirknazzir Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Something is apparently wrong with the login services for CO and STO, saw a player post about the trouble on the Steam forums. I checked and I am getting the same error message so I tweeted a screenshot to the CO account, just in case they monitor it.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Changing the computer didn't help - no login from this one either.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    flammenfannerflammenfanner Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same here, I'm not seeming to get my password renewal email either.. is anyone else having the same problem?
  • Options
    steelflightsteelflight Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My wife just tried to log into hers, same error. Thanks for sending the error to their Twitter. Hope they see it.
  • Options
    fairymoresfairymores Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am also getting the same message about my IP. I was playing this evening and I only logged out for an hour or two and now I cannot get back online.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Funnily enough, I can log in here to post, but whenever I try to log into the site to check on the status of my account, and have to sign in again, I can't. I keep getting "Please enter a correct user name and password. Please note the password field is case-sensitive."

Now, I just signed into the boards here to post, but I apparently can't get any further. This is making me really nervous. I'm a silver account, but I've sunk quite a bit of cash to get archetypes and costume sets I wanted...so yeah. Nervous about what's going on here.
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Funnily enough, I can log in here to post, but whenever I try to log into the site to check on the status of my account, and have to sign in again, I can't. I keep getting "Please enter a correct user name and password. Please note the password field is case-sensitive."

Now, I just signed into the boards here to post, but I apparently can't get any further. This is making me really nervous. I'm a silver account, but I've sunk quite a bit of cash to get archetypes and costume sets I wanted...so yeah. Nervous about what's going on here.

I'm actually relieved that it's happening to a bunch of us, steelfight. It'll mean more attention on fixing it.

I *can* still log into Arc, no problems there. But once the CO launcher comes up I get the "You may not log in from this IP address." message on the launcher.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Agreed, there. I hope they'll see these posts and the fact that there are two pages. Hopefully they actually are looking into it.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, sign me up for this one too. <twiddles thumbs> :confused:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's been happening to me too after 10 PM EST. That's when I tried too log back in at first.

I hope that this gets fixed soon.

Alot of my Friends are here in CO. :(
  • Options
    slibbers2012slibbers2012 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was getting a lot of weird errors tonight. Every time I went to a hide out I got an error "This is not your hideout", and a lot of rubber banding server issues. I wish they hadn't locked their Facebook pages so we'd know if they there doing anything
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sign me up, too. This is seriously making me freak out and I really shouldn't be.
  • Options
    admiraladderaladmiraladderal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same problem here too.
  • Options
    mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its keeping me from play STO or CO, was subbed for STO and Lifetime on CO, not bothering to check NW cause that bugfest hasn't gotten past the first loading screen without a crash in six months.

But we probably won't hear anything until sometime tomorrow, no one is there to do anything about it right now.
    ~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • Options
    tmenif3904tmenif3904 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm having the same issue it really sucks.....
  • Options
    oneofakindknightoneofakindknight Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    knazzir wrote: »
    Something is apparently wrong with the login services for CO and STO, saw a player post about the trouble on the Steam forums. I checked and I am getting the same error message so I tweeted a screenshot to the CO account, just in case they monitor it.

I can confirm this from Star Trek Online as well. Thought it was just me! Not that I'm happy other people have this problem, I'm glad it wasn't a personal issue.
  • Options
    justicezer0justicezer0 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ditto here. No idea what's up... I was about to ask who to contact.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well whatever it is, it seems to have stopped happening to me now. Logged in this morning just fine.
  • Options
    knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just wonder why this even happened in the first place.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sins of the past have caught all of you!

Probably someone banned, well tried to ban, some goldspammers and accidentally went a bit off...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wouldn't really surprise me if this was an attempt to grab a bunch of gold sellers at once and that ended up screwing over actual players.