test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141212.21 Update

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2015 in PTS - The Archive
FC.31.20141212.20 PTS Update

This build should be available on PTS sometime later today, 3/23/2015. We're waiting for the NetOps team to get back from lunch.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.21:

FoxbatCon:
  • Please do not spoil the jokes!
  • Added new FoxbatCon items to the Debugger, including the PTS only box of cred.
  • FoxbatCon: Added a Foxbat Cred box to the Drifter store.
  • FoxbatCon: Due to issues with the Imaginary Weapon skins, we're delaying the new FoxbatCon Merchant items until 4/2.

FoxbatCon:
  • Fox Hunt - Solved a timeout issue that was preventing players from being able to find the same imposter after eight days had passed.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    So, quick summary:

-Cross was right, we were wrong, the cosplayer timer wasn't counting down properly. Characters who have the timer already going from last year may still be affected. Thanks for pointing that out for us Cross.
    -The items should be in the debugger now.
    -Invisible Weapon Skins and Cowboyification Ray are going to come out on 4/2, not 4/1, is the plan.
    -Thanks for the info about the Cowboy Hat Uneven in the tailor.
    -Graffiti being perpendicular to the wall: Bugged, but not sure we'll get to it. To quote Radio, it's "dumb-ugly".
    -Glass Slipper and Urban Anime fixes not taking: We'll try to look at that in the future, but I don't think we have the time to look at it now.
    -Cowboyification Ray: We've got some anti-troll protections in place, in that it won't work on players after the event ends. That said, we will be keeping an eye on it: I've asked Navi to keep an eye out for related tickets during the event, and let me know how it goes.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    -The items should be in the debugger now.

Umm TT...the foxbat con stuff that you want us to test isn't in the debugger.....eaither i hopped on too quickly [again] or the update didn't...get...umm...loaded
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Stuff is at the Foxbat store vendor.
    Or
    NetOps team is taking a long lunch.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Stuff is at the Foxbat store vendor.
    Or
    NetOps team is taking a long lunch.

TT said it would be in the debugger....but ima guess that the netops team is taking the world's longest lunch

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited March 2015
    It was lunch + getting some other stuff finished, looks like. Regardless, PTS update is beginning.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, quick summary:

-Cross was right, we were wrong, the cosplayer timer wasn't counting down properly. Characters who have the timer already going from last year may still be affected.
    While this doesn't affect me, is it possible to rename the timer so last year's timer, even if bugged, will have no effect because it's not queried?
    edited March 2015
    ok, my two cents on the new stuff

The coybow ray seems to be rather goofy, could be fun but having it only work on player during the foxbat con event seems a little...extreme, what about if instead it applied a effect on the player once it wears off which prevents them from being effected by the device [kinda like how the winter gifts work] for...lets say....3 mins

secondly I'm kidna dissapointed by the imaginary weapons...instead of being translucent/psionic/hologram/whatever [with black making them completely invisible] they are just plain rather glowly genetic weapon pieces....I [and more than a few of my friends] were hoping that the imaginery weapons would be invisible if you set the to black [sure the animations would look weird as hell, but it'd be interesting] meaning the main reason I would bother with foxbat con [invisble weapons...got aura ideas to set em up all amazing] isn't soo..insivble

so take from this what you will, those are just my two cents on the new stuff.

• riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just realized that rank 3 Shadow Embrace is showing the proper animation in this build instead of using the R2 animation, did you guys fix it?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm willing to bet that the timers will cooldown properly if you log onto characters that have done it already after the fix goes up. Though you'll still have to wait 8 days.
    edited March 2015
    I'm willing to bet that the timers will cooldown properly if you log onto characters that have done it already after the fix goes up. Though you'll still have to wait 8 days.

Possibly. Hope so.

notyuu wrote: »
    secondly I'm kidna dissapointed by the imaginary weapons...instead of being translucent/psionic/hologram/whatever [with black making them completely invisible] they are just plain rather glowly genetic weapon pieces....I [and more than a few of my friends] were hoping that the imaginery weapons would be invisible if you set the to black [sure the animations would look weird as hell, but it'd be interesting] meaning the main reason I would bother with foxbat con [invisble weapons...got aura ideas to set em up all amazing] isn't soo..insivble

They're not fixed yet, they still need to be fixed so they're invisible.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The invisible weapons pretty much show base errors of the tailor. A major issue with the primary colors (left half of the tailor UI) directly effects base colors on weapons. For example if I change those base colors they make Munition power weapons those colors, even after you manually changed the weapon's colors. The default colors are blue, yellow, and white. The last being the skin color option. Red is the default color for gradient options in the tailor (visible only from nemesis tailor).

Is it possible that the invisible weapons are red/pink because its using the default gradient?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    FWIW, the Cowboy Ray doesn't seem to work if you're wearing several varieties of headgear, including the hood, the TV head, and the headgear being worn by the Professional Foxbat Cosplayer. (Well, either the TV head is immune, or dev toons are - that was Iris Irregular 9 that resisted my Cowboy Ray.) It won't even change your boots. So if you hate being a cowboy for a few seconds that badly, wear a hood and you're cowboy-proof!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Aaaand there goes the fun device

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    -Cowboyification Ray: We've got some anti-troll protections in place, in that it won't work on players after the event ends. That said, we will be keeping an eye on it: I've asked Navi to keep an eye out for related tickets during the event, and let me know how it goes.

Thanks for acknowledging this. It's heartening to know that the team listens.
    :)

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited March 2015
    Aaaand there goes the fun device
    Really? It's only fun for you if it's annoying someone else?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited March 2015
    They're not fixed yet, they still need to be fixed so they're invisible.

Is that soo?

well if they do get em fixed then I've got all the reason to be excited about foxbat con again

dd8Oa6V.gif

edited March 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    weapons as visible holo weapons if we choose.

I think think that's kinda what they are aiming for...although all things considered they might give said weapons a psionic pattern rather than the holographic one.

which raises the question...will we get different pattern/model variants, TT?

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please do NOT make them invisible unless theres an option to have them visible! theres a HUGE oppurtunity for added customization which is being missed because you're not allowing us to use the "invisible" weapons as visible holo weapons if we choose.

I don't know if you've actually looked at the game models Gradii, but they didn't implement new models for the invisible weapons. They just used pretty much random existing models (The heavy weapon one is a C-store item actually) While I agree wholeheartedly that a set of holoforce, or even hard light weapons (ala Green Lantern) would be awesome, I'd much prefer some more design time go into something like that. Hopefully the positive reaction from these can spur something like that down the road.

Also, I personally need invisible weapons. My speedster needs a cyclone ability, and these will finally allow that, sans swords.
    edited March 2015
    Besides, completely invisible weapons will be fun. I can shoot my opponents with MIND BULLETS!! That's telekinesis, Kyle! :biggrin:

• chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Besides, completely invisible weapons will be fun. I can shoot my opponents with MIND BULLETS!! That's telekinesis, Kyle! :biggrin:

I can finally sword cyclone with my fists.

A decent damage AoE that now makes sense for me to use. :3
    I can finally sword cyclone with my fists.

A decent damage AoE that now makes sense for me to use. :3
    You can also swipe the badass threat from Liara T'Soni in Mass Effect 2:

"I'll make this simple. You can pay what you owe, or I can flay you with my mind."

edited March 2015
    Even better...

MEGAMIME!

335bcwg.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Are the archers once again left alone, hugging their bows?...
    edited March 2015
    Are the archers once again left alone, hugging their bows?...

Well no, if only because their bows are invisible :P

Haven't double checked this, but apparently their invisibow is under melee weapons because...Reasons?
    edited March 2015
    ...Fighting Claws?...
    edited March 2015
    ...Fighting Claws?...

I actually think they managed every customizable weapon this time. Pretty flippin amazing actually.

...Actually hold on...I think the bow model is one we don't have yet!

Can someone else take a look at this?

33p7jo4.jpg
    edited March 2015
    MEGAMIME!

That is amazing.
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please do NOT make them invisible unless theres an option to have them visible! theres a HUGE oppurtunity for added customization which is being missed because you're not allowing us to use the "invisible" weapons as visible holo weapons if we choose.

I'd rather the opposite, the weapons currently are flat colored, don't color correctly, and use existing weapon models. If the weapons are invisible, it opens a lot of possibilities for creating characters, like you no longer see pistols sticking out of Roin'esh gun hands, use single/dual blades for characters using long sharp bracers or Roin'esh blade hands, or use heavy weapons with the hammer bracer. I am sure I can think of more, but I have a character currently that needs the weapons invisible for it to work, and that is how they are being advertised at the moment. If the weapons have a psi/holoforce option, I would prefer that over the original idea, but having weapons invisible opens up far more options than having another visible one.
    edited March 2015
    Current plan is to get the invisiweapons working, but as a TK player, I'm definitely a proponent of special-texture weapons for the future. That's not going to happen with this release, though.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please do NOT make them invisible unless theres an option to have them visible!

I would think that'd defeat the purpose of imaginary weapons.