trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2015 in Super News Network
Coming soon...

d4e05855af4692c394e18c1ffb6d594e1425340601.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Something we've played before, fun. There could be something new?

I'll take anything at this point, though.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can we get that smile in game? I wanna be a CRAZED LUNATIC like Foxbat!:biggrin:
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well at least I can get the Guard Dog title for my Dog character... if it got fixed

CAN WE GET

FOXBAT'S EMOTICONS

PLEASE THIS YEAR?

We really need those PLEASE, as a Z-store Emote pack! PLEASE
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well a return to Foxbatcon sounds fun, but are we getting any new content this year?

I'd really like to see the plotline expanded to give some replayability. Maybe with the addition of another free Foxbat costume set? I had a blast unlocking the set last year. Also: Fighting Foxbat at the end was kind of a letdown. I'd love to see the addition of an open mission featuring some sort of an endboss. Maybe a co-opted Mega D painted in Foxbat colors and piloted by the mysterious Squirrel Boy?
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    avianos wrote: »
    Well at least I can get the Guard Dog title for my Dog character... if it got fixed

CAN WE GET

FOXBAT'S EMOTICONS

PLEASE THIS YEAR?

We really need those PLEASE, as a Z-store Emote pack! PLEASE

Also, this.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    WOOOOOOOOOO! Loved the event last year, and I'm ready for my chance to stock up on trout again :P

A couple of thoughts though... with the proposed squirrel tail for the gold monthly piece being released at that time, could we get a costume set to acquire that is themed to match? It could include things like squirrel ears (tall but fuzzy, similar to the bunny ears), pawed gloves and feet, as well as other things like maybe an acorn emblem and a muzzle mouth accessory (complete with buck teeth of course haha)

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the Prankster perk!!
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    Something we've played before, fun. There could be something new?

I'll take anything at this point, though.

Our general paradigm for yearly events is minor updates, nothing large, but we try to have a little something new every time. We'll have a preview blog later on, I think I've got it penciled for around 3/19 or so.

jerax1011 wrote: »
    WOOOOOOOOOO! Loved the event last year, and I'm ready for my chance to stock up on trout again :P

A couple of thoughts though... with the proposed squirrel tail for the gold monthly piece being released at that time, could we get a costume set to acquire that is themed to match? It could include things like squirrel ears (tall but fuzzy, similar to the bunny ears), pawed gloves and feet, as well as other things like maybe an acorn emblem and a muzzle mouth accessory (complete with buck teeth of course haha)

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the Prankster perk!!

No plans for a full costume set of fuzzy-wuzzies right now. Could happen at some point, though.

Prankster: Could you detail the bug? I can kick it up the chain.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It won't complete as there are no Seismic Ping Pong Balls or Bubblegum Guns that are collectable by players.

zDYZh2O.jpg
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can we get that smile in game? I wanna be a CRAZED LUNATIC like Foxbat!:biggrin:

We had the "lunatic grin" once upon a time...It wasn't pretty... Even the G00GLE has lost the pictures of it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2015

No plans for a full costume set of fuzzy-wuzzies right now. Could happen at some point, though.

Any plans for anything new on this event?
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    We had the "lunatic grin" once upon a time...It wasn't pretty... Even the G00GLE has lost the pictures of it.

which could be added to the MOODS!!! Would be FOXtastic!
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any plans for anything new on this event?
    Our general paradigm for yearly events is minor updates, nothing large, but we try to have a little something new every time. We'll have a preview blog later on, I think I've got it penciled for around 3/19 or so.

I read that as "Yes, we have something new, but it's not lots, and I'm not going to tell you just yet."

Personally, I totally missed foxbatcon last year, so I'm happy enough with the event as it was; there are some nice costume unlocks that I wasn't able to get.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    morigosa wrote: »
    I read that as "Yes, we have something new, but it's not lots, and I'm not going to tell you just yet."

Exactly that. The small new things are being built and QA'd, and I don't want to start talking them up until we know they're good.

It won't complete as there are no Seismic Ping Pong Balls or Bubblegum Guns that are collectable by players.

Interesting. Kicking up the chain. Thanks for pointing it out.
    edited March 2015
    Champions%20Online_2015-03-05_19-48-15.jpg
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Now look at that Seductive Son of a Gun, his face is just FULL of Charisma! :biggrin:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Emotes that are years old will finally be made available to us?

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Isn't that how most things have been since CN took it? Minus the costume stuff of course.
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "Prankster" is a perk from the 2011 Foxbat event where we did get the bubble guns and the wieight guns and the fish as drops from defeating the 100 foxbats throughout town. They were temporary on timers if I remember correctly.
    There were also two other perks I remember from the 2011 event I couldnt find during Foxbat con, probably because the way the story was changed.
    "Treed the Fox" =You found the Real Foxbat and "Riding to the Hounds" = You've found all the Hidden Foxbats. Foxbat was mixed up in the 100 Foxbats scattered through town you had to find, 33 each in Westside, City center and Downtown.

Anyway, Loved the event, so happy you're bringing it back! :)

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I refuse to believe that.

I've been trying to kick that football for far too long.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2015

thought I'd seen that mouth before
    250px-Helostoma_temminckii_in_aquarium.jpg

but that facial expression is a lot better than the "I am seriously insane"pleasant one.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ealford1985 frightens me:

That's not a lunatic grin, that's a bizarre and disturbing pervy leer. Ew.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Prankster better be fixed this year in the LEAST.
  • bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I still have to find all your hiding places, you wannabe. This time I'll use the map and my perks will be complete, muhahaha!!

(hope we have new things to collect)
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
    edited March 2015
    bazodee wrote: »

I still have to find all your hiding places, you wannabe. This time I'll use the map and my perks will be complete, muhahaha!!

(hope we have new things to collect)

Pssst! You are talking to a piece of paper
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If they gonna put in something new.
    How about shaving off Foxbat's magicmarker drawn 5 o'clock shadow....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015

zDYZh2O.jpg

I still have 3 complete sets of Trout, Seismic Ping Pong Ball and Bubblegum Guns in my in-game mail. I had more, but because these all had timers on them, as they come OUT of the mail, they DISAPPEAR.

Please remove the TIMER associated with these devices. (They have limited charges already)

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xparibax wrote: »
    "Prankster" is a perk from the 2011 Foxbat event where we did get the bubble guns and the wieight guns and the fish as drops from defeating the 100 foxbats throughout town. They were temporary on timers if I remember correctly.
    There were also two other perks I remember from the 2011 event I couldnt find during Foxbat con, probably because the way the story was changed.
    "Treed the Fox" =You found the Real Foxbat and "Riding to the Hounds" = You've found all the Hidden Foxbats. Foxbat was mixed up in the 100 Foxbats scattered through town you had to find, 33 each in Westside, City center and Downtown.

Anyway, Loved the event, so happy you're bringing it back! :)

This ^

I'm super excited to see this event back so don't let anyone hate on you for it not being something brand new.

Also want to chime in about the perks though. Prankster totally needs to be fixed. And it would be really cool to see the others brought back in because those titles rock. Could change what those perks were for or something since the event got tweaked slightly.

Rose_sig.png
    edited March 2015
    I remember having an issue last year where the visit 10 foxbat's wasn't working at all for me, nor could i find the real foxbat. Has this been addressed at all, so i can actually try to participate in the event this year?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I remember having an issue last year where the visit 10 foxbat's wasn't working at all for me, nor could i find the real foxbat. Has this been addressed at all, so i can actually try to participate in the event this year?

They said that there wasn't enough time to fix that or the Prankster perk but that it will be in this year's rotation.
    edited March 2015
    They said that there wasn't enough time to fix that or the Prankster perk but that it will be in this year's rotation.

why bother putting out an event if you're not going to fix the problems that keep people from participating in said event? What is this... Star Trek Online?
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The BIG Bug from Foxbatcon was something that showed up on Live last year because it wasn't on PTS long enough to notice. I'm not willing to blame CN on this one since it wasn't something you would expect to see....but I'll list it here just for better odds of getting it "kicked up the chain" and repaired. :biggrin:
    Bug: The Foxbat Cosplayer CD Timer does not work at all. This means that once you have tagged all 100 Cosplayers for the event...you're done. Game Over. They will NOT reset.
    Ok, now that's out there. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The most annoying thing about foxbatcon last year was that bowl of cheese puffs on the table located in the penthouse on the last mission when you confront the real foxbat... each of those cheese poofs are a single object and if you happen to use an AoE during that fight and explode the bowl it becomes lag city as all those tiny pieces of debris go scattering everywhere!

It was worse than the similar problem caused by some of the abilities in the earth powerset...