-
Crap, that's a lot of ships! :eek:
ZedBlock-200.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But STO is dead, the forums keep telling me!

Of course, that's when I check the forums after having to fight my way through the crowds around ESD, DS9, Qo'noS, mol'Rihan, Drozana Station, or the Jenolan Sphere so I can sell stuff before leaving the game...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

Of course, that's when I check the forums after having to fight my way through the crowds around ESD, DS9, Qo'noS, mol'Rihan, Drozana Station, or the Jenolan Sphere so I can sell stuff before leaving the game...

It also gets expansions but apparently it's in "maintenance mode" also according to the forums. If that's maintenance mode, what does that make us?
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Undead?

sdfgvbhnjm
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Undead?

sdfgvbhnjm

actually that is what someone called CO.

When I see them complaining about lack of updates, i just give them the link to Super news and suggest they read and compare. It won't take them long.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    actually that is what someone called CO.

When I see them complaining about lack of updates, i just give them the link to Super news and suggest they read and compare. It won't take them long.
    Undead?

sdfgvbhnjm

Archeblade is undead.

All the developers quit. It has nobody working on it or maintaining it. No money whatsoever coming in; game has nothing to buy, and is free2play. Yet you can still play it just the same as you could when it had employees; there's people on there everyday and you can get into a match within minutes of logging in.

By comparison, CO is alive, young, and full of potential and starry eyed dreams.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Archeblade is undead.

All the developers quit. It has nobody working on it or maintaining it. No money whatsoever coming in; game has nothing to buy, and is free2play. Yet you can still play it just the same as you could when it had employees; there's people on there everyday and you can get into a match within minutes of logging in.

By comparison, CO is alive, young, and full of potential and starry eyed dreams.

I probably laughed harder at that than I should have. See, we're not dead or undead, we're undying. HRODGEIR THE UNDYING!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Archeblade is undead.

And by comparison to SkullGirls, CO is 2 days to retirement.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still waiting for skyforge to release :D

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

I guess that this is what a dead game looks like.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    deadman20 wrote: »
    I probably laughed harder at that than I should have. See, we're not dead or undead, we're undying. HRODGEIR THE UNDYING!
    correct, I even have the article to prove we, are the undying.
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/featured/top-5-mmos-that-should-have-been-cancelled-a-long-time-ago/

*cue ominous music*
    tumblr_n7u8czdwFI1qzs5cqo1_500.gif
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Clearly the author of that article is not a game insider, but a player.

Less than a year ago, TT reported that while CO is not a boom town of a game, it IS still making money. I, personally, am in no fear of the game suddenly shutting down. I just expect the smaller types of expansions we have been getting here, lately.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg