test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Aura Suggestions]

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Suggestions Box
Just wanted to suggest some auras for future production...

1 - Targeting Computer's Lock On/Locked On Aura

This aura would work like the critical visualizer aura but would produce the "lock on" FX through damage. Like so:

TC%20aura1_zpsoiznnczv.jpg

2 - Shield Aura (Force field/ Dark force shield etc)

This aura would be about as large as is possible in game so:

2zgepo3.jpg

This aura is present on Fire and Ice as well as Dr. Destroyer and Shadow Destroyer (pictured). Several variants would be in order:

- Tech (Holo Hex-y/ Energy Shield)
- Darkness (pictured)
- Energy/Light (Fire and Ice's shield VFX)
- Pure Force Field. (Below v)
FG6_zps8313b34d.jpg

^ This is Force Shield Rank 3's FX without the weird fuzzy energy. (I think it may be best to limit this to in combat only aura slot, but then again maybe not.)

3- Astral/Mystic Aura

The VFX for "Disabled!" effects in game. As well as Caliburn's TT aura, representing his mystic/astral form.

Astral%20Form1_zpsnm5q8ypj.jpg

More aura suggestions to be added soon.
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    I like all these suggestions, and I have personally suggested the targeting computer one in the past.

also, I'm surprised you didn't include a suggestion to have the shadow of doubt new telepathy effect as an aura.

those circles constantly pulsing out from the head would be cool.

I did suggest that previously. I figured if the devs were going to consider adding any sort of psychic/mentalist focused auras they'd have done so already.

But I'll likely update the OP with pictures for other auras including my telepathy suggestions.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    4- Psi Aura Pack

A mix of previously suggested aura ideas from Spordelia and myself.

Basically the head aura's or even psychic manifestation auras that we can see in game. :biggrin:

Regarding PSI Aura's/Mentalist Aura's:

- Shadow of Doubt's psychic wave when fired from the head would be a fantastic aura to have to be constantly active with small pulses outward. Like this...

Kontrol4e.gif

PSI Psychokinetic Projections, extra arms and access to parts we do not have, like the PSI_ForeArm that they have like this:

psiarmor.jpg

Spordelia has done an amazing job with suggesting and creating pictures for amazing variations within this aura category and I don't think it's possible for me to say how much I am wanting all these auras:
    spordelia wrote: »
    To business: (click images for higher-res)

Psi Aura Pack

PsiAuraPack.jpg

1)- The Cerebro:
    Overall shapes suggesting a brain's pattern, psi-energy streams arcing towards the back of the head beautifully. Think: Emma Frost in "Wolverine and the X-Men". Menton. Intellectual & Masterminds.

Notes/Observations:
    * More arcs - suggested by @theravenforce.

2)- The Crown:
    Not literally one, more of a frontal psi manifestation with the lines swirling & energy flowing that way suggesting a crown/tiara/other sort of head accessory, nonetheless very sort of regal, beautiful but no less powerful, delicate but still imposing, presence & finesse over brute force... & all of that.

3)- The Mask:
    If it might resemble/reference to Psylocke's trademark butterfly avatar, which is why I was on the fence about it - but figured that might get suggested anyhow - so there it is. I am, however, pitching it as an irradiating mask, instead. Pulsing, flowing, burning with psi energy with a little particle action going on the edges there, akin to Fire Eye's Aura effect. What's more iconic to a hero than a mask, and it's that sorta "coming to life", speaks to a hero's very identity manifested when they flare up psionics. I chose a Slanted-shaped mask, taking a look through all types this seemed the most representative, cover-all-grounds style, but it could've have been any, really.

4)- The Ego Leech:
    I love the in-game effect - thinking psi auras/powers, quite frankly most if not all of them could use some of that "forehead glow" effect. PSI Hypnotists (NPC villains) have something similar on all the time, too, and I'm jealous. :P So it's referencing to that effect, pulsing, maybe a little of that cool ripple FX added, maybe spiraling very slowly, some particles as well... <3. Gimme!

Alongside #5(Eye), this is a "wildcard" Aura, serves-all-purposes FX, it can be used alone or to compliment other Auras, no fear of going wrong. Also about this more versatile "category": in-to-out of combat or even for RP'ing purposes - you may start subtle with this, and evolve to a different Aura or a combo, really, your imagination's the limit. Initially, I had five Auras locked down but these two (#4 and #5, Leech and Eye) were combined - and then I thought best not to "force" one onto the other, as small or subtle as they might seem - more versatile this way. Next thing I knew I was rounding this up to ten. More than I had signed for. But, it's all good. :P

5)- The Glowy Eyes:
    So we have Fire Eyes already and that can be argued, but I absolutely felt this should be in. Been into old movies lately, got to see John Carpenter's "Village of the Damned" and I was obsessed, it just sealed the deal for me. What's with horror movies and children that makes them, just bad news? Creepy children in a corn field, the ghost of creepy little children, creepy children with bowl cuts, they all be very creepy, period. But particularly creepier when they're actually aliens using psychic powers manifested via creepy glowing eyes to make you jump off a roof holding a broom to your chest impaling yourself onto a truck - that's how evil they are.

Fire Eyes and this: different enough to justify it, IMO. But I'm also very biased. I can't actually be trusted right now, as I'm typing this under their creepy PSI influence, after which I'm to stab myself in the eye, repeatedly, with this nail filer lying next to the keyboard. EVIL, I tell you!!! :P

6)- The Hypnotist:
    Another one that's kind of iconic, and pretty straightforward: slow, hypnotic (or disorienting?) rings pulsing from the character's head. Think: Alien Crystal's FX, Shadow of Doubt. Hypnotism, vertigo, confusion, mind-influence at large, sonic waves. Option for these rings to emanate from the head out, and maybe better representative of an Aura (as opposed to a power), so, as said before, whatd'ya think, lemme know, and that kind of input will be gladly added onto the OP.:)

7)- The Sixth Sense:
    Alert, alert! (not *that* kind of Alerts :D). Think Spiderman's *tingling* Spider-sense, precognition, enhanced senses, evasive maneuvers, etc -characters that can (fore)see it coming and dodge it like a bawz. Would fit a hundred character concepts, me thinks - but also interesting to watch how it sort of takes a different vibe in a combo. Again, it's thinking customization possibilities.

8)- The Wobbly: (I know right...? xD)
    Basically the overall look of Psionic Shield Aura, adapted to a head -generic/iconic Aura, but I'm thinking, more color & glow, maybe pulsing (some particles, as well?) in addition to its wobbly movement. Like #9 below, does its head-aura job without mucking up the face or head much.

I believe the perfect Aura for this "category", would be a happy medium between this and #9 below, if you know what I mean and if I'm making any sense.

9)- The Generic Yet Iconic: (aka The Aura of Arcane Clarity Knock-Off)
    (To clarify: by "generic" I mean non-specific in way that would limit concept: it's a good thing).

Seen many players use this Aura to represent psionics in-game, it does the job well and looks cool. I'd suggest a minor tweak more tailored toward psi: away with the arcane symbols, added dots/particles or even wispy Ego Sprites, something a lil more familiar and that's visually cohesive with the Telepathy set, to that function. Plus: what was said above about a happy medium between these two, I stand by that, I think something really cool-looking could be worked out off that idea.

10)- The Horrific Visage:
    Bear with me w/ the drawing there, I was not feeling it, lol, this one, like the mask, sixth sense and others that were not in the plans and I was like, meh... whatever. If that doesn't look scary to you, just ridiculous maybe even funny-looking on top of sloppy and badly-drawn: working as expected. :P

General idea, right? And really the concept/idea which is what matters, I think is interesting and might serve a number of character concepts: illusionists mainly, who use their powers to instill fear, or maybe that's the psi's true nature showing, or is it a link to a supernatural entity that gives them power... etc. What's frightening, how and to whom - that can be tricky to sorta pinpoint. I think that, just the iconic "fear" skull image (like in the small icon) would do a good job in representing this Aura, maybe pulsing forward from the face, floaty scary head, whatever.

I went (sorta, kinda) for a Summon Nightmare creature look there (cuz, concept), but, being a static image and all, I'm not sure it conveys the idea very well. Again, it really could be anything - zombie, demon, skeleton... - or even a morphing animation between various frightening faces could be this Aura's thing. In the combo demonstration below, I did a sans-horn (more like The Stalker) creature version, just because , and I kinda like it better (though that might be the creepy glowy eyes).
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the extra arms would work better as new powers rather than an aura which has them sitting about doing nothing...

not that getting new powers is ever gonna happen...because ya know, that would require a little effort.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    notyuu wrote: »
    the extra arms would work better as new powers rather than an aura which has them sitting about doing nothing...

not that getting new powers is ever gonna happen...because ya know, that would require a little effort.

New powers...perhaps.

If the powers that be are unable to give them to us as costume drops from PSI members in game, then I'd happy get them as auras.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice suggestions. Now to add to this I would like all Z-Store Auras to be BoP Multi-Claim like my very pretty [Inborn Tenacity]. As the current system stand I, and I am not alone in this but I'll let others speak for themselves, simply have too many toons to even remotely consider buying these things again and again to be anywhere near approaching desirable/realistic. Also, I am not going to play "Now where did I put that one aura?" between all my toons so them being BoA is pretty much irrelevant to me. It is for this reason that I have told devs, point blank, in the past that until such time as BoP Multi-Claim becomes a thing I will not be purchasing any of the Z-Store Auras.

Disclaimer: Now it has been hinted at vaguely that a "higher power" made the change to make the Z-Store Aura Distribution Model the way it is and this "could" (See: mostly speculation at this stage) be the reason these things weren't just put in the tailor like previous Earth/Scourge/Cursed/Edom Unlocks for all of your toons to be able to access. If this is, indeed, the case then someone needs to bring this to the attention of said "higher power" and get it changed IMO. Sadly, this is the suggestion forums so....<twiddles thumbs> :frown:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crosschan wrote: »
    Nice suggestions. Now to add to this I would like all Z-Store Auras to be BoP Multi-Claim like my very pretty [Inborn Tenacity]. As the current system stand I, and I am not alone in this but I'll let others speak for themselves, simply have too many toons to even remotely consider buying these things again and again to be anywhere near approaching desirable/realistic. Also, I am not going to play "Now where did I put that one aura?" between all my toons so them being BoA is pretty much irrelevant to me. It is for this reason that I have told devs, point blank, in the past that until such time as BoP Multi-Claim becomes a thing I will not be purchasing any of the Z-Store Auras.

Disclaimer: Now it has been hinted at vaguely that a "higher power" made the change to make the Z-Store Aura Distribution Model the way it is and this "could" (See: mostly speculation at this stage) be the reason these things weren't just put in the tailor like previous Earth/Scourge/Cursed/Edom Unlocks for all of your toons to be able to access. If this is, indeed, the case then someone needs to bring this to the attention of said "higher power" and get it changed IMO. Sadly, this is the suggestion forums so....<twiddles thumbs> :frown:

I'll be the first to do this.

+1
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I bought an aura pack, assuming it would be available to all my heroes... like any costume parts and sets. I ended up erasing that hero, and lost the auras :(

So... yeah won't be buying any more auras.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    crosschan wrote: »

Yeah, I've got to agree that this should be a thing. It confused me when I bought an aura pack on one hero and switched and I could buy it again on another. It really doesn't make sense.

So yes, I agree.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My suggestion is a permanent price drop. Auras are awesome but too costly,

I don't see enough aura's being used in the game and I meet new players who have no idea they even exist.

Put a big headed extra tall neutral to the conflict cosmic voyeur aura vendor where the block tutorial used to be. (To the right of new player spawn in tutorial for you new people)
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to see a Master of the Mind aura, as

A) it's a cool aura, and B) Master of the Mind as a power is lame, so taking it for 10 seconds of an aura isn't really that productive.
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to see an account-wide aura storage or/and already bought auras being possible to claim from Z-store by every character on the account (as it is in STO Z-store with some items).

Otherwise I see no reason for purchasing any more auras. I don't feel like constantly switching between characters and moving auras to and out of the hideout account bank. I won't be buying more auras in their current implementation, unfortunately.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah account wide aura storage is the only thing that makes sense, was very disappointed to store some auras, change character and find the storage on that character empty.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    /SIGNED so very hard

These would be great! icon14.gif

I particularly like the Shield/Force Field Aura idea, and Shadow of Doubt’s radial wave/pulsing effect, as well.

Psi Auras: Seems we already got a couple (“Glow Eyes” and “Mask” [?]) in the Eye Aura Pack(s). I tried to include in that suggestion, non-too-psi-specific or potentially limiting ideas, for variety and mix’n’matching purposes – but we still lack a “true psi” head Aura. If we were not to be given perhaps as many variants, I’d narrow down to SoD’s as described above, plus:

coPsiAuras_zps0a72e4fe.gif

The first two (2nd pic being Ego Leech’s vFX). The first (Psi lackey guy’s) is just great (<3). These three, I feel they’d be representative, versatile enough AND (big +): they’re in-game already!:)

On that note (borrowing your thread for a moment, Raven :P): I’d also like to see the in-game wet/dripping effect, being made into an Aura eventually...
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More than anything, I'd like to see the music notes like we get from the Foxbat minions as an aura. Actually, all the effects from the minions would be cool. The film reel and the giant sparkles (PLEASE).

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How about an Infra-Red Strobes Aura Like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3LfcePzVZI

Or maybe like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWFEoPMH7Yo&t=3m40s
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    How about an Infra-Red Strobes Aura Like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWFEoPMH7Yo&t=3m40s

This aura would...show up on enemies? Or you would have this aura on you at all times?
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This aura would...show up on enemies? Or you would have this aura on you at all times?

Only for oneself of course. Not tied to any kind of threat mechanics. :p
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    -REDIRECTED POST- Sorry I posted in the Wrong Thread

Post your Suggestions in RavenForce's new Aura thread​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!