test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Connection to account server timed out"

xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC & Technical Issues
Hey guys, Small problem here.
I've been playing all night, no lag, no problems. Went to switch to another character and got "Unable to authenticate: connection to account server timed out"- instantly, after I add my password.
Got the same message on NW and STO launchers. So I restart my computer, try again and and get the same thing. Tried my old computer that doesnt have ARC and get the same messge.
Didnt see any fresh threads about this so...
Slightly irked. :)

Edit. By the time I wrote this and tried again all the launchers let me in no problem. Must have been some odd little hiccup. Should have been more patient.
Thanks!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• heatherbelheatherbel Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I experienced the same exact thing. Also, couldn't get pidgin to authenticate either.
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It just let me in now, on all the launchers whatever glitched must have reset :)

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got issues myself, lagging around like mad, skipping around, sometimes chat lag.

Friend even has an issue where mostly at evenings he can't connect, SNR, lags and such.

it mostly clams down after a while but it gets really annoying, im going to try flush the ports and such and restart the modem tomorrow see if that helps anything.

But this REALLY needs fixing and this needs attention, quality of the year my ****, if they don't pay attention to us players.
    Psi.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm having connecting issues every time at the same time now aroudn 5-6 pm i got SNR, lags, rubberbanding, etc. I like this game i keep tryign to give it a chance but Cryptic shows again they don't care about any of those problems.

Every other game, every other site works fine but ONLY CO has this ****ign problems, i slowly have it with Cryptic, i gived them chances after chances, i payed lifetime becasue i like this game and they still screw up.

Countelss bugs beeign there since years, untested thigns beeign released even if they were on test server and people told them problems it still got released and now this ****ing bull**** agian.

Cryptic is the worst company by now in my eyes because they don't give a **** about us here i understand they produce stuff like lockboxes to get payed for there game but, if you show no effort at all to this game, then close it for good cryptic, do us this favor and stop pretendign you work on something here.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have had zero problems with CO since the cable guy rewired our apartment.

Three people were dumped from a Warlord run this week. Yesterday, I was supposed to run Steel Crusade with some old friends only to have them take turns lagging out.

So, the problems might not be with Cryptic, but be something wrong between their servers and some people.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • rjlaferty2012rjlaferty2012 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yesterday the game and arc was running fine. Last night I kept getting the message "Login has timed out. Please check your connection and try again." I have since then uninstalled arc, and Champions, reinstalled both, reset my modem, done virus scans, rebooted my computer, and checked my firewall. Every other game not related to PWE is running fine, and no issues even watching Netflix on my computer... any suggestions? I'm open to anything.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Arc seems to be acting funneh badgers today U__U
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!