test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Purchase a LTS

arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
Has anyone else had this problem?

I've been trying to for a good portion of tonight and haven't been able to.

First it says that I don't have cookies enabled. I made sure that they were, tried to log in to ARC again and was told that I had to log into ARC twice. The second time I tried to log into ARC, I got the message that I don't have cookies enabled, even though there's no way I could have logged in the first time if this was the case. I try to log in a few more times and it eventually accepts but, it says that I have to enter a one time code that's been emailed to me to verify that I am the owner of the account. When I enter in the one time code, it asks me to log in again and rejects it because it says I don't have cookies enabled, even though I haven't altered my privacy settings at all since making sure cookies were enabled earlier. So, I try to log in a couple more times until I finally get through only to be told that I have to enter a one time code. The problem is that it's already sent the one time code, isn't sending any more, and is refusing to accept the one it sent me earlier since that one has already been used so, now I'm at a point where it's literally impossible for me to even log into my account management to purchase a LTS.

I'm so frustrated with ARC right now that if I'm not able to make the purchase I've been trying to before the sale ends, there's a good chance I'll uninstall all Cryptic games from my computer and rant to everyone I know, warning them to never touch any Cryptic games because you have to go through ARC to make a purchase and ARC is one of the crappiest sites I've ever tried to make a purchase through.

Really, does anyone know how to fix this? I know from experience that if I have to go through Cryptic's support that I'm not going to hear from them for a week, if not longer, and that they probably won't let me make the purchase at the sale price.
Post edited by arimikami on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    try the click here link at the top of this area.

want to go gold or manage subscriptions.

yes, you do have to log into accts section , seperately.

if you haven't bought anything before, it will ask you to get the account guard number.

also if you are using a credit card, it may have another hold.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I find to purchase anything for CO I cant use the normal internet explorer I go on google chrome to do ARC purchaces or I get the same cookie crap
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rykus83 wrote: »
    I find to purchase anything for CO I cant use the normal internet explorer I go on google chrome to do ARC purchaces or I get the same cookie crap

I had to do the same to escape being rejected for cookies but, I'm still not even getting the activation code that you're supposed to be emailed by the site so that you can even make a purchase. I've been talking with their customer support all weekend and, they've stopped communicating with me all together as of today. I'm guessing I won't hear back from them until the sale is over at which point Cryptic doesn't get a dime from me.

Coincidentally, I could buy all the zen I want without having to go through any of this crap. The site just won't let me upgrade my account to gold.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I use Firefox, IE refuses to work with the forums for me.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!