test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cthulhu-inspired hero LFG for RP

knavan617knavan617 Posts: 1 Arc User
As the title says. I have a character named Knavan, dual-wielding psychic and paranormal investigator, and I'm looking to get him involved in some group rp.

He's more of an antihero, with his focus being almost exclusively on the eradication of monsters and dark cultists rather than apprehending them, which is a little hypocritical of him since he employs at least some of the same abilities as the those he hunts down.

Still, if there are any groups out there that would welcome someone like him, or would be interested in having me as your nemesis, let me know. :smile:
Post edited by knavan617 on

Comments

• Options
    felcrow68felcrow68 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a very similar concept character. She's a Witch Hunter with the same sort of moral outlook and purpose. If you ever decide to form an SG along this theme, I'd be interested
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    If its a Cthulhu inspired hero, it needs insanity powers and more tentacles.

Wow really?? Ok sure, cos every single character in Call of Cthulhu is so stereotypical isn't it? Also there is a world of difference between a character that is inspired by something rather than being completely cannon and lore friendly. There are so many toons in game that have been inspired or based on outside sources such as books etc, are we now to send in the literature police to ensure they are all abiding by the letter?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I didn't say Cthulhu. That was the OP ............ I actually know nothing about Cthulhu at all, so feel free to ignore me. In fact, I'll go sit in the corner and do some colouring in or something
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    That's genius that is :)
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    try not to lose your SAN when doing that colouring.
    I've got a character that might work for a group of uncomprehensible being busters (note to self, see if Ghostbusters could be retooled to fit into Call of Cthultu).

Little Annie, my creepy-through-innocence-in-the-face-of-horror little girl character who has tentacles instead of a right hand, a dark aura of toxic energy about it, and a giant black metal blade reminiscent of guide book descriptions of the Qulipothic obelisks although not specified in her bio where her tentacles and blade come from.

Downside: I play her very silly, and all monstrous or non-human friends are 'her bestest best friends in the whole wide world and we are going to have a tea party in your ruins under the sea (Mr Cthultu, do you know Ariel?) and it's gonna be the best party evaaaahhh'

She's the little girl who by unknown force morphing her has become a monstrous version of what fanfic writers think Pinkie Pie is like if human and monochrome.

She's easy to fit into Lovecraftian themes.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vorshoth wrote: »
    (note to self, see if Ghostbusters could be retooled to fit into Call of Cthultu)
    You mean like The Collect Call of Cathulu

Here's the script so you can chant along

Ia! Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Russian About is a second Lovecraft and Old Ones referencing episode.

Twas the season...