test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weekly Maintenance, 12/11 @ 7am PST

2»

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on December 11th from 7-9AM Pacific (15:00-17:00 UTC) Please check the forums" well i happen to live in UTC time and it's 19:42 at the time of posting this and when i try to log in i get the "server is closed for maintaince" message, so can ya tell me wtf is going on?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • bellerauxbelleraux Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Aw, what happened now?

Did you guys decide to make an anti-Linda maintenance?

Call Maverick if you need a DPS help, or Combat Medic if you need a healer.

I am known for having extremely good or extremely bad luck with drops.
  • mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's the balancing act, both server-wise and network-wise (inherent because all on one machine supposedly)... other than that? I do not work in programming or IT.

15hdus.png
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its down, what the hell?

Side Note: Dous anyone crash if they lose connection to the sever, and crashes with an error, while useing the tailor at the time?
    Psi.
  • eratimuseratimus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hope my recent character creation went through before crash, though I did save the template fortunately.
    Eratimus Swiftarrow
    Member of the 1st Fist of Light
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2014
    My apologies, folks. We identified the issue that was occurring on NW and STO; it was also happening on CO, although because of our lower population, there weren't any symptoms (yet). Nevertheless, the issue was there, and it would've surfaced later on, causing login server failures. In order to fix this, we've restarted all three games.

Again, I apologize for how quickly this happened and there being no warning, but we had to act swiftly. It should probably be as though we just started a fresh maintenance, ETA 1 - 1.5 hours.
  • mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ouch...thank you for letting us know TT. Hmm waht to do =/....
  • groudonknightgroudonknight Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!I was in the middle of rewriting my characters story when the server went down! Sorry for the outburst guys.
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ETA 1 - 1.5 hours.

NOOOOO!!! that's too much reality I have to face! I want my superheroes! I want my fake life!

-- seriously though, guys, I would rather you take the time now to address the issue you've found than wait and get frustrated with server login issues down the road. Thank you!
  • thyuberdudethyuberdude Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lol another hour or so of downtime :( I need my CO fix!! Damnit Jim, I'm a gamer not a doctor.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My apologies, folks. We identified the issue that was occurring on NW and STO; it was also happening on CO, although because of our lower population, there weren't any symptoms (yet). Nevertheless, the issue was there, and it would've surfaced later on, causing login server failures. In order to fix this, we've restarted all three games.

Again, I apologize for how quickly this happened and there being no warning, but we had to act swiftly. It should probably be as though we just started a fresh maintenance, ETA 1 - 1.5 hours.

well that's understandable, however it might have been noticed sooner if CO had more plays if, well you had more devs to make more stuff to pull more players in, in the mean time, here's some incohorent rambling because reasons

i want a purple teir rock as a mod power replacing made of keys in a vendor becasue asdfg reasons!

but srsly foalks, if any of ya are going to start asking for keys/tokens/whatever as composation for the server being down, i'll just point ya to the terms of service, it says if the serves go down they don't have to give us diddly...which is kinda sad :<
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • originalbaxteroriginalbaxter Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Remember when the game went live and the major problems were caused because the population was much higher than anticipated?

I do.

If devs hadn't been yoinked from this game, if even half the developement that STO and NWO have both seen post-release had been given to CO, we'd still have that first-world problem.

So much potential, but since it's been nearly abandoned, it probably looks on paper like it's a money-sink to invest resources in Champions. Euclidian economics, gotta love it.
  • jimlunsfordjimlunsford Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just signed back up yesterday. Kind of doubting that now.
    edited December 2014

So we'll be another hour off?

Okay, I'm going to make a toon in PWI then. And it's YOUR fault >:{

• gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and I was right at the end of the misfit toys mission , I hope its not on a 24 hour cooldown
  • recclesreccles Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    any progress yet, still showing down? :frown:
    edited December 2014
    reccles wrote: »
    any progress yet, still showing down? :frown:

another 1 to 1.5 hours...
    edited December 2014
    Tentative guess is another 30-45 minutes now. The server itself is up, now we're running the checks.
  • fenrichwulffenrichwulf Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, hopefully alongside with the maintenace they might add something fun and exciting :3
    edited December 2014
    My journey in CO today.

>server back up
    >go to Black Harlequin mission
    >"Ok, where do I go?"
    >first part of the mission done
    >"Guys, where are you?"
    >second part done
    >"I better follow those people"
    >third part down
    >"Damn, I hope I can do something useful so people don't think I'm a deadweight"
    >defeat the boss
    >"Time to shine!"
    >mighty leap then two Haymakers
    >mission complete!
    >server offline

This is certainly one story I'm NOT telling my grandchildren of.

• axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anybody have any idea when the servers will be back up?
    edited December 2014
    axenome wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when the servers will be back up?

30-45 min...
  • coolguyforevazcoolguyforevaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This morning server went down right in the middle of my duel lol... Went to school took my final exam punched this guy in his face for trying to steal my phone. then i proceeded to dunking donuts to have lunch... home now 4 hours has passed and Im feeling to play some CO im all pumped..... but... :mad: :redface::frown: its still down !!!!!
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ok normally I play STO but I enjoy CO as well so off hand comment would be that I hope they actually add more to the server, because I don't want this game to die
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • coldfangtalmaccoldfangtalmac Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am actually using this downtime to get caught up on my anime. Also I just returned to this game after playing archeage.....For those of you who are unaware. Trion has weekly maintenance 5 days a week. LOL j/k but for the last 3 weeks the server has gone down 4-6 hours a day every day lol. So that being said you will not hear me complain about PWE doing maint one time a week with the occasional bug fix in between.
  • axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I understand the need, especially if something bad comes up with a holiday interaction with content that came out since last year. I understand, not complaining, was just hoping the servers would come up before I had to leave today XD
    edited December 2014
    If you guys want you can try PTS, during last maintenance it was up, I think it's up right now as well.

• professorporkprofessorpork Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!I was in the middle of rewriting my characters story when the server went down! Sorry for the outburst guys.

Dude. Cut and paste from word. never take chances with your work.
    edited December 2014
    Dude. Cut and paste from word. never take chances with your work.

I very much agreed
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    edited December 2014
    Completed tests, will be open momentarily.
    edited December 2014
    Completed tests, will be open momentarily.

Thanks for letting us know!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If we had a bigger population, it wouldn't necessarily help with this downtime stuff. The biggest MMO in the world is famous for taking Tuesdays off - not just for a couple of hours, but most of the day. And they still have to deal with the occasional rolling restart of all their servers in the middle of the game-week, or even sometimes outright crashes...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2014
    Is it back yet?

edited December 2014
    Maintenance done! Server's open!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    belleraux wrote: »
    So we'll be another hour off?

Okay, I'm going to make a toon in PWI then. And it's YOUR fault >:{

I did that once. I uninstalled the game an hour later.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!