test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aspect of the Bestial Needs Fixed!

klingonwerewolfklingonwerewolf Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Gameplay Bugs
Hello all I'm here to discuss an insignificant little glitch that spells doom for anyone looking to create a truly ripping and shredding beast based character... Oh wait it's not such an insignificant glitch after all. If you will look at the Aspect of the Bestial power you'll notice that it reads exactly like the Enrage power except for replacing knock with bleed. This would seem to make it a perfect toggle power for any beast with claws and teeth and from what I understand it was meant to be exactly the way its description reads unless you look closer. Unfortunately it's not working that way. When you first take it the power functions flawlessly but as you put ranks into it you'll notice something's way off. With each successive rank you should be getting an extra stack of enrage so that at rank 3 you'll begin with 3 stacks AND like the Enrage power the effects of each stack are suppose to scale with the power's rank but you'll also notice that too is not happening. So what does this mean? It means that Aspect of the Bestial is not working right. Players who use it are not starting with their extra stacks of enrage and its buffs are not increasing beyond rank 1. The result is a major glitch that is cheating beast characters out of their buffs. True that bestial characters still rock but I say it needs to be fixed and FAST because it's not fair to players running such characters, many of which might have purchased the Savage AT.
Post edited by klingonwerewolf on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    AotB does not properly rank up like other toggles- one of those long-standing bugs that has yet to be fixed. Also doesn't gain stacks properly w/ Aggressor, unlike Enrage.

Unless you are using Giant Growth for the extra size at any time, AotB is best left unranked (like most other toggles) as is, so even if its annoying to have the bug, its not really crippling to most builds, tbh.

Anyways, what's interesting about AotB is that at R1 it shares Howl's cast anim, but at R2 and R3 it changes to Manip and AotI's casting anim... which makes no sense (no other toggles do this when ranked up). I'd hazard to guess this is linked to the ranking up bug w/ AotB in some manner- could be the game is checking for the wrong toggle when R2 or R3 of AotB is activated.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!