test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strength giving defense too OP!

exonik0pweexonik0pwe Posts: 51 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Suggestions Box
Hi there! My name is LMC 2.0 and i have a suggestion for improving the gameplay in CO and especially PVP: Strength NEEDS to be nerfed! I know alot of ppl will hate me for this but i honestly dont care, so hate away <3 Every pvper out there is using strength as a primary super stat and jugger as a spec. This whole CON giving defense needs to be removed so pvp can go back to BUILD VS BUILD not GEAR vs GEAR :)) I have 125% resistance to all dmg with 13.5k HP and that is insanely OP! :D New players deserve to have a chance at pvp and a chance at being creative instead of being crushed by the same cheesy builds (AoPM/UR/SR , AoPM/ER/Rimefire etc.) EVERYONE uses...including me <3. Going in pvp instances and crying about ppl using cheesy builds is not gonna change anything, @EVA88 >:I instead ill cry here and hopefully get the attention of devs that care about the well being of this game and care about giving new players a chance AND NERF STR once and for all <3

Respectfully,
LMC 2.0, Altered Ego's
Post edited by exonik0pwe on

Comments

• Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,936 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    exonik0pwe wrote: »
    -snip-

Respectfully,
    LMC 2.0, Altered Ego's

Unsigned, pointless idea, never going to happen.
    Psi.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,051 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah indeed, a lot of people will hate you for this, especially people who DON'T PvP

I hate when they Nerfed stuff mainly for PvP so NOPE

We got Dodge Nerf, if they Nerf Defense then how the heck our Toons are gonna Resist Damage and avoid getting one-shoted in Bosses like Gravitar?

Not to mention that the actually STR-Based Melee will get screwed, like Melee don't have enough disadvantages already
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ironjellyironjelly Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    Yeah indeed, a lot of people will hate you for this, especially people who DON'T PvP

I hate when they Nerfed stuff mainly for PvP so NOPE

We got Dodge Nerf, if they Nerf Defense then how the heck our Toons are gonna Resist Damage and avoid getting one-shoted in Bosses like Gravitar?

Not to mention that the actually STR-Based Melee will get screwed, like Melee don't have enough disadvantages already

This is nothing but a PvP rant that was done outside of PvP zone chat, where it can live in shame for a longer time than the zone chat logs.

@exonik0pwe i don't know who LMC 2.0 is), the game isn't about PvP, and it was never about PvP, and it will never be about PvP. If you play only for PvP, this may not be the best game for you. Changes are almost never made for PvP only purposes in this game.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi there! My name is LMC 2.0 and i have a suggestion for improving the gameplay in CO and especially PVP: Strength NEEDS to be nerfed! I know alot of ppl will hate me for this but i honestly dont care, so hate away <3 Every pvper

I stopped reading at this point because it's hard to read when I'm rolling on the floor laughing.

Pro-tip: Try to hide the fact that your suggestion is motivated by pvp if you actually want a dev to look at it.
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The worst part about this suggestion is it is a legitimate concern, but people don't like nerfs and the devs do not balance around PvP. I really think spec trees could be looked at for more variety in builds, but highly doubt anything will ever be done about them.

And if we're going to talk about what actually needs to be changed first from a PvP standpoint, it is Active Defense cycling. Back when dodge was first nerfed, many builds worked great and people actually died in duels. But people quickly caught on to mixing in Unbreakable (since it was fixed) with MD to become nigh unkillable once again. Changing this wouldn't make PvP completely balanced, mind you, but it is definitely the first change that needs to happen considering it makes PvE more than a cakewalk it already is and makes duels last for over 20 minutes on a regular basis.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    purin1 wrote: »
    The worst part about this suggestion is it is a legitimate concern, but people don't like nerfs and the devs do not balance around PvP. I really think spec trees could be looked at for more variety in builds, but highly doubt anything will ever be done about them.

And if we're going to talk about what actually needs to be changed first from a PvP standpoint, it is Active Defense cycling. Back when dodge was first nerfed, many builds worked great and people actually died in duels. But people quickly caught on to mixing in Unbreakable (since it was fixed) with MD to become nigh unkillable once again. Changing this wouldn't make PvP completely balanced, mind you, but it is definitely the first change that needs to happen considering it makes PvE more than a cakewalk it already is and makes duels last for over 20 minutes on a regular basis.

Is this thread going to get derailed into a "what's wrong with pvp" thread? Tune in tomorrow at 7 for the dramatic conclusion!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Is this thread going to get derailed into a "let's list off all the things that are wrong with pvp" thread? Tune in tomorrow at 7 for the dramatic conclusion!

Strength spec isn't the problem, it's the things you can pair it with.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Juggernaut should probably scale with secondary superstats -- rather than 0.1*Con*Rank defense, 0.1*(average of SSS)*Rank. For someone who actually balances out their superstats it's no change, and it's actually better if you don't want to play Str/CON/whatever, but it does cut down on the power of pure Con.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Is this thread going to get derailed into a "let's list off all the things that are wrong with pvp" thread? Tune in tomorrow at 7 for the dramatic conclusion!

Strength spec isn't the problem, it's the things you can pair it with.

It could for all I care, I wouldn't bother getting into it. I just wanted to be clear that STR primary alone isn't the problem with PvP.

And even without the Vindicator/Warden setup, stacking CON with Juggernaut is still quite strong by itself, enough to overshadow nearly every other spec in the game.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Having CON scaling specs on a melee specific spec tree is the only CON scaling I am actually ok with.

The stuff that makes it a problem is
    • STR being really good for ranged builds too, making the severity spec only apply to melee attacks would "fix" that
    • the best AO (by far) scales with CON, without being able to have close to 100% crit chance half the time DPS on high CON builds would be a lot lower
    • AoPM making any build work in all aspects, even when using only CON gear, that says more about AoPM than some STR spec
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    God, they already nerfed dodge and crits to death. Leave my offense and defense alone.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please no more PVP nerfs that adversely effect PVE. Defense is good, but it's not that good. It's not defense by itself but all the other things you can pair with defense. Which in a Freeform build - no roles type game is always going to be a problem.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. In a game where you can combine almost any power with just about any stat - there are going to be some insanely overpowered people. There's no way around it.. other than nerfing every stat and power to oblivion.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,086 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A simple yet probably "unlikely-to-happen" solution is to have PvP specific spec trees.

Another set of skill tree points which can be spent on the PvP side of your character if you so desire.

These specs will only activate in PvP instances and replace your "PvE" specs (the trees we have access to now).

I'm sure everyone at some point has been a victim of the nerfs which have been put in place because of PvP, so why not invest some time in making PvP separate from PvE?

Give everyone the same spec tree options for the PvP and the only thing that sets them apart would be gear, stats and power choices (all of which can easily be changed).

If this was to happen...PvP private queues would be a nice addition too.
  • Options
    thatsfunnyhinkythatsfunnyhinky Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not signed because

A: Its LMC, if he gets beat he cries about it for years.
    B. Its Altered Ego's, they cry about being beat by Gravitar.
    C. Those crying about exploits like LMC, USE EXPLOITS like LMC.

What a joke, as is this post. Go learn how to play.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    I think making certain key powers work differently in pvp would be the first step. they ALREADY DO THIS with things like Mind Lock (although no one ever uses it these days take a look at the mechanic it has)
    Confuse effects work differently on PCs because of griefing, not because of PvP balance. Certain players discovered that they could combine pets and confuse to let them hit neutral players, and proceed to slaughter uninvolved third parties (particularly people who are in the tailor and can't even tell what's happening).
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,086 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Confuse effects work differently on PCs because of griefing, not because of PvP balance. Certain players discovered that they could combine pets and confuse to let them hit neutral players, and proceed to slaughter uninvolved third parties (particularly people who are in the tailor and can't even tell what's happening).

^ This.

Its also why Alien Crystal no longer works on players (this was fixed earlier this year)
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Best solution: Buff everything else. No nerfs. Just buffs. I don't want my melee toons in pve to suddenly feel like plasma beam for vehicles.
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't really get all this need for nerfs in a superhero game.
    I'm silver with only one FF slot and almost don't do PVP, and when I occasionally do, I don't go asking for nerfs because I lost. And if I don't like a type of build, I don't use it!

When I'm fighting low level or general mobs, I DO want to feel overpowered. I want to sweep the floor with them! I'm a superhero, WTH!

Stop nerfs! Buff things intead! XD
  • Options
    exonik0pweexonik0pwe Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't really get all this need for nerfs in a superhero game.
    I'm silver with only one FF slot and almost don't do PVP, and when I occasionally do, I don't go asking for nerfs because I lost. And if I don't like a type of build, I don't use it!

When I'm fighting low level or general mobs, I DO want to feel overpowered. I want to sweep the floor with them! I'm a superhero, WTH!

Stop nerfs! Buff things intead! XD

Wth? Dont u read? The problem is not that i want a nerf because i lost! Its because i keep winning! OMFG Thats the point ! My AoPM build is too OP ! Other players need to have a chance vs me! i Keep dueling the same ppl over n over ! Theres 4 ppl in the game who can kill me : Abylo, MrgameNWatch, MCLUVING, @hypeexe. Thats it! thats all of um! I dont duel other ppl because i feel like a bully! i wanna give new players a chance! NERF STR!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Wth? Dont u read? The problem is not that i want a nerf because i lost! Its because i keep winning! OMFG Thats the point ! My AoPM build is too OP ! Other players need to have a chance vs me! i Keep dueling the same ppl over n over ! Theres 4 ppl in the game who can kill me : Abylo, MrgameNWatch, MCLUVING, @hypeexe. Thats it! thats all of um! I dont duel other ppl because i feel like a bully! i wanna give new players a chance! NERF STR!

Well there's only 8 people in the game who pvp, so I don't really see the problem that 50% of them can beat you.

Also, here's a thought: change your build if you feel so bad.
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Hmmm, I can think of 3 more people who still pvp; Vixy, Ac2p and Ronronna. So...well, I guess you should change your build/superstats...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    He did change his build and is doing okay with it so far, haven't really seen him duel much people yet however.

And there's more than only 8 PvPer's, they just don't actually know how to PvP (well).
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi there! My name is LMC 2.0 and i have a suggestion for improving the gameplay in CO and especially PVP: Strength NEEDS to be nerfed! I know alot of ppl will hate me for this but i honestly dont care, so hate away <3 Every pvper out there is using strength as a primary super stat and jugger as a spec. This whole CON giving defense needs to be removed so pvp can go back to BUILD VS BUILD not GEAR vs GEAR :)) I have 125% resistance to all dmg with 13.5k HP and that is insanely OP! :DNew players deserve to have a chance at pvp and a chance at being creative instead of being crushed by the same cheesy builds (AoPM/UR/SR , AoPM/ER/Rimefire etc.) EVERYONE uses...including me <3. Going in pvp instances and crying about ppl using cheesy builds is not gonna change anything, @EVA88 >:I instead ill cry here and hopefully get the attention of devs that care about the well being of this game and care about giving new players a chance AND NERF STR once and for all <3

Respectfully,
    LMC 2.0, Altered Ego's

I've highlighted the section that brings me the most amusement a chance to be creative really?

did you play PvP before specs were introduced creativity for the most part died a long time ago in PvP sure a new build rises to the top from time to time but thats only because of a power nerf or buff or addition has altered the options.

It was never long before most gravitated towards basically the same build.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Is winning not the point? surly the entire point of PvP when you boil it right down is to win?

Also just a thought but if every one has the same build dose that not mean then its all about the players skill?
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2014

"I don't go asking for nerfs because I lost. And if I don't like a type of build, I don't use it!"

I never said anything about you.
    I guess it wasn't me who wasn't reading... :D
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    He did change his build and is doing okay with it so far, haven't really seen him duel much people yet however.

And there's more than only 8 PvPer's, they just don't actually know how to PvP (well).

if by pvp well you mean jumping around with perma AD + er/fg/rf spam then i can see why most people have given up on the whole pvp, those builds are boring to fight against and boring to play.

as for the spec, it's not that over powered, after all the 123% def from stat he claims to have isn't actually that high all things considered, sure it shaves roughly 50% off damage taken, but when you get hit fast enough it dosen't really matter, if the spec gave...say.. 150%+ then it'd be considered op as heck, but until then it's...meh
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,051 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi there! My name is LMC 2.0 and i have a suggestion for improving the gameplay in CO and especially PVP: Strength NEEDS to be nerfed! I know alot of ppl will hate me for this but i honestly dont care, so hate away <3 Every pvper out there is using strength as a primary super stat and jugger as a spec. This whole CON giving defense needs to be removed so pvp can go back to BUILD VS BUILD not GEAR vs GEAR :)) I have 125% resistance to all dmg with 13.5k HP and that is insanely OP! :D New players deserve to have a chance at pvp and a chance at being creative instead of being crushed by the same cheesy builds (AoPM/UR/SR , AoPM/ER/Rimefire etc.) EVERYONE uses...including me <3. Going in pvp instances and crying about ppl using cheesy builds is not gonna change anything, @EVA88 >:I instead ill cry here and hopefully get the attention of devs that care about the well being of this game and care about giving new players a chance AND NERF STR once and for all <3

Respectfully,
    LMC 2.0, Altered Ego's

9b1.gif

Seriously OP?

again, we had a DODGE Nerf-Balance

Defense is good but IT'S NOT that Good, LEAVE Defense and Offense alone

STR Tree has the current Bonus to HELP MELEE ingame
    Just because some Individuals ABUSE IT on NON-Melee build doesn't mean that you have to PUNISH people who use it on their MELEE Builds as well

What are the Nerf-Hoarders are gonna ask for Nerf next?
    Nerf Self Heals?
    Nerf Bonus Resistances from Passives like Stormbringer and Earthform?
    Nerf Justice Gear?
    Nerf the Nerfgun?

also I'm surpised that PvPers actually care for Defense, wasn't DODGE and ADs-Circling the main Issue?
    ironjelly wrote: »
    @exonik0pwe i don't know who LMC 2.0 is), the game isn't about PvP, and it was never about PvP, and it will never be about PvP. If you play only for PvP, this may not be the best game for you. Changes are almost never made for PvP only purposes in this game.

He is RIGHT! CO was never build for PvP or with PvP on Focus and it will NEVER be, and PvP IS NOT the main Selling point of the game
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this is just a bad idea. if anything you should ask for a buff of underperforming spec like the rec tree.
    str mostly covers melee so get some distance between you.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    this is just a bad idea. if anything you should ask for a buff of underperforming spec like the rec tree.
    str mostly covers melee so get some distance between you.

The sheer number of ranged builds using Strength Primary begs to differ.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    notyuu wrote: »
    if by pvp well you mean jumping around with perma AD + er/fg/rf spam then i can see why most people have given up on the whole pvp, those builds are boring to fight against and boring to play.

as for the spec, it's not that over powered, after all the 123% def from stat he claims to have isn't actually that high all things considered, sure it shaves roughly 50% off damage taken, but when you get hit fast enough it dosen't really matter, if the spec gave...say.. 150%+ then it'd be considered op as heck, but until then it's...meh

Some people do not use those powers and do fine. Is it boring to play against? Sure.

And when one can achieve that kind of resistance while also pushing 115%+ critical severity (among other things, at that), the STR tree is most definitely over powered when compared to everything else. Do I think it needs nerfs like I know people do not like? Not really, I'd prefer for other stuff to be buffed as well, but one simply cannot deny that the STR specs give much more bang for their buck than all other primary superstats for an overwhelmingly large number of builds. Other primaries besides STR and other spec trees besides Warden/Vindicator do indeed have their places for other builds, but you can literally go STR primary and stack CON on any build and it will work too well.

And you mentioned having permanent AD's. If you go with something like say, DEX primary, those permanent active defenses do not do you much good. But when you pair them with the 120%+ resistances one can achieve with STR primary then it becomes a problem.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Some people do not use those powers and do fine. Is it boring to play against? Sure.

And when one can achieve that kind of resistance while also pushing 115%+ critical severity (among other things, at that), the STR tree is most definitely over powered when compared to everything else. Do I think it needs nerfs like I know people do not like? Not really, I'd prefer for other stuff to be buffed as well, but one simply cannot deny that the STR specs give much more bang for their buck than all other primary superstats for an overwhelmingly large number of builds. Other primaries besides STR and other spec trees besides Warden/Vindicator do indeed have their places for other builds, but you can literally go STR primary and stack CON on any build and it will work too well.

And you mentioned having permanent AD's. If you go with something like say, DEX primary, those permanent active defenses do not do you much good. But when you pair them with the 120%+ resistances one can achieve with STR primary then it becomes a problem.

Neiuso, asking for a PvP nerf atm, would only hurt PvP, further alienating other gaming groups.

This whole thread sounds more like a "nerf the guys who beat me", rather than a cry for balance.

As far as other primary SS's are concerned, int primary works nicely with ADs and dex primary is kinda buffed because a dex primary can still last 4-5 AD cycles and outdamage a str primary aopm. Con primary works nicely for offensive passives/tanks too.

PvP is boring because very few people use different powers/mechanics. I mostly PVE farm nowadays, but when I PvP, I just make people teddies and use Master of The Mind. Hell that's funny!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Neiuso, asking for a PvP nerf atm, would only hurt PvP, further alienating other gaming groups.

This whole thread sounds more like a "nerf the guys who beat me", rather than a cry for balance.

As far as other primary SS's are concerned, int primary works nicely with ADs and dex primary is kinda buffed because a dex primary can still last 4-5 AD cycles and outdamage a str primary aopm. Con primary works nicely for offensive passives/tanks too.

PvP is boring because very few people use different powers/mechanics. I mostly PVE farm nowadays, but when I PvP, I just make people teddies and use Master of The Mind. Hell that's funny!

I'm not really asking for nerfs except for AD cycling, which affects PvE as well. I don't mind the concept of it, but one should need to spec heavily for doing so. Not just getting enough CDR from items.

I know that some people still use INT primary for PvP, but I highly doubt a DEX primary build would survive for longer than 1-2 rotations, let alone 4-5. The lack of knock resist worries me.

And yes, that build is indeed hilarious.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm concerned with how almost everyone disagrees here. This spec alone combined with the off/def feedback loop trivializes the game with any kind of build.

It IS way overperforming, I use it because it overshadows a lot of things, so do a whole bunch of people. But at some point shouldn't we admit that some things are too good ?

As for the "buff other spec trees to its level".. no thanks. I want to play a game where failure is a factor, even if it's slight. This, justice gear and AoPM among other things are strictly too good for any game's standards.

Also on the "don't nerf PvE cause of PvP" topic, well.. it's also a nerf because of PvE. Didn't some guy manage to tank 3 Shadow Colossus things at the same time using this ? Should it be allowed ? To a lesser extent a defensive passive and this spec combo will make you unkillable. Litterally. This is as little as it takes to be god mode in 95% of the content, and your damage won't even suffer so much.

But : "OMG PvP scrub don't you nerf my poor character !"

Guys.. overpowered is overpowered. It's fun while it lasts but if it lasts for too long then it's bad for the game. Stop being so selfish..

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm concerned with how almost everyone disagrees here. This spec alone combined with the off/def feedback loop trivializes the game with any kind of build.

It IS way overperforming, I use it because it overshadows a lot of things, so do a whole bunch of people. But at some point shouldn't we admit that some things are too good ?

As for the "buff other spec trees to its level".. no thanks. I want to play a game where failure is a factor, even if it's slight. This, justice gear and AoPM among other things are strictly too good for any game's standards.

Also on the "don't nerf PvE cause of PvP" topic, well.. it's also a nerf because of PvE. Didn't some guy manage to tank 3 Shadow Colossus things at the same time using this ? Should it be allowed ? To a lesser extent a defensive passive and this spec combo will make you unkillable. Litterally. This is as little as it takes to be god mode in 95% of the content, and your damage won't even suffer so much.

But : "OMG PvP scrub don't you nerf my poor character !"

Guys.. overpowered is overpowered. It's fun while it lasts but if it lasts for too long then it's bad for the game. Stop being so selfish..

Even without this spec, you will still be overpowered and trivialise content, if you hate it don't use it.

The person soloing 3 collosi uses an exploit, not that spec. Try it yourself. Get sentinel mastery -> apply bleeds (easiest way is submachinegun burst) -> use venomous breath+paralytic bile. It applies sentinel mastery every 0.5 sec for each enemy affected.

Lemme say it again: every 0.5 sec, not every 1 sec. With high con, you can get 2k+ heal per enemy per 0.5 sec. That's why they go to places full of mobs. That should be nerfed.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's useful info about the paralytic bile spam, thanks..

More on topic, it's not about me using it or not.. it's about it being so strong it will appeal so many player who will end up not taking any advantage of the customization aspect.. AoPM, over 10K hp, conviction, double active defense.. isn't all that a little boring ? Despite the fact that it is I often use all that because I don't want to be subpar and it feels nice to be OP, and it allows you to not worry too much while still picking pretty much anything you want when it comes to theme. But that doesn't mean I don't know that it's bad. Nerfing these things among others would benefit the game.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That's useful info about the paralytic bile spam, thanks..

More on topic, it's not about me using it or not.. it's about it being so strong it will appeal so many player who will end up not taking any advantage of the customization aspect.. AoPM, over 10K hp, conviction, double active defense.. isn't all that a little boring ? Despite the fact that it is I often use all that because I don't want to be subpar and it feels nice to be OP, and it allows you to not worry too much while still picking pretty much anything you want when it comes to theme. But that doesn't mean I don't know that it's bad. Nerfing these things among others would benefit the game.

wouldn't consider aopm as a theme fitting passive.

I agree with you about many players sacrificing customization in order to maximize efficiency. But if that seriously matters to anyone at the moment, then let them have it I guess.Even Motm +unbreakable lets you trivialize content.

I would agree with neiuso. Active defense cycling is the one thing that hurts co the most.*in terms of things that require a fix/nerf*