test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aura question on pet-master build

kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Power Discussion
I've got a pet-master for one of my toons, with a nature magic theme. Currently, she's using Aura of Ebon Darkness which is great on a pet-master build. The only drawback is the black lightning on crit strikes. One small annoyance with them is that they make me an aggro magnet (Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary help lessen this). But what I'm more concerned with is that the black lightning doesn't visually feel like it fits a nature magic theme.

So, I've been thinking of switching to Aura of Primal Majesty. I know it's great in teams, but does it work with pets too?
100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,757 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The extra stats affect pets too, and it arguably helps them more since they tend to have less passive dmg bonuses than FFs (so the Str/Ego/Pres additive bonuses mean more for them) and lower base health. Problem is, pets still lack SSs, and AoED's 'flat dmg' lightning proc is too large of an increase for Pet Master builds that nothing else really compares for just boosting pet-derived dps.

AoPM is still a good choice, though (when is it not?)- esp for the effect on other players. You'll likely see a significant personal dps decrease from the change (though AoPM can help ur pets survive a bit longer in some cases, and the extra energy stats could enable you to do more things), but depending on ur priorities that could be tolerable w/ the overall group/self benefit that AoPM brings.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!