test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build Request: The Super Robot

bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Builds and Roles
Hey there folks. Alright, I have a request. I'm a returning player who's having trouble figuring out a build. Sadly, seems my computer and the PowerHouse bit are not cooperating.

In any case, first thing's first. The "theme" to the build and what I want to make it work? I want a Super Robot. I don't mean just sticking on rocket punch and calling it done or swinging an overgrown big weapon.

I mean a get in your face, punch/kick you 'til you stop, then finish you with a rocket punch, chest beam, eye beams, or whatever choice you want even if it's just your own punch/kick again.

So, with that explaination, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts/ideas/builds already like this? I'm aware of one or two out there already, but they don't feel right to me. Please help!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,814 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So you mean like.. big/slow punches and kicks- Might-style? or something more agile and/or acrobatic?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's actually a tough decision there. In most cases, as far as I'm aware anywhere, big/slow-Might style is at least the preferred start up.

As an added idea, the thought of this being a potential tank came up as well.
    edited November 2014
    Well.. one venue is to make a combo-blaster style setup- using something like Defense Combo or Beatdown till Avenger Mastery procs, then using AvM to fire off a fast Rocket Punch. Those kinds of builds only work at lvl 40, though- its not really for leveling. Here's how one could work and be tanky:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Behemoth
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Physical Conditioning
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Body and Mind
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Relentless

Powers:
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Rocket Punch (Rank 2, Rank 3, Blast Wave)
    Level 6: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Laser Knight)
    Level 8: Defiance
    Level 11: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 14: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Energy Wave (Reverse Polarity)
    Level 23: Pounce
    Level 26: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 29: Unbreakable (Rank 2, Better You Than Me)
    Level 32: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Point Blank Blast)
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Resurgence (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Jet Boots (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Mach Speed

Specializations:
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
    Strength: Overpower (1/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Mastery: Avenger Mastery (1/1)

Not as practical as it could be, perhaps, but mixing normal Ranged PA w/ melee is tricky. To make it potentially work, ya'd want some good crit% gearing on the side to help w/ AvM's proc rate.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    edited November 2014
    Eh, close, but not really what I'm looking for. Okay, let me try and help out those willing to help.

MOST think of the "Super Robot" as a Gundam, for example, or something more "Real Robot" as fans call the different genre.

If you want "Super Robot" then look at something such as Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, GaoGaigar, Voltron, Gigantor, or more recently Genesis of Aquarion. All of those have multiple variations at times.

One of the things I have noticed about all three and others is that they don't go shooting beam weapons straight off. There is always fisticuffs or martial arts or some fancy moves up front before they pull out a big attack such as a Chest Beam, Rocket Punch, Eye Beams, a big arse sword, etc. While the above build is good at ranged, it's not so good at getting in close to fight in someone's face like I want.

As a note as well, I am trying to figure out a build on my own while waiting for someone to reply to the thread with ideas/thoughts/builds. So far, it's actually a toss up between Might and Martial Arts on what feels more appropriate.
    edited November 2014
    If ya want more melee moves, that's fine. But I'm still wondering what types of moves ya like or would want. There's no special synergy between the PA powers ya want and melee- in fact KBs like chest beam and rocket punch w/ adv take targets out of ur melee range, so its somewhat impractical at its core.

Ofc, for looks/theme, almost any mixing could work. But that just goes back to what type of melee attacks ya wanna see the robot do exactly, cause ya got a good amount of options for visual flair.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bluhman's old "Inspector Steel" build might give you some ideas to work with:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202201
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited November 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    Bluhman's old "Inspector Steel" build might give you some ideas to work with:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202201
    This is definitely a start with the Inspector Steel build. Has some decent advantages so far. At what parts would you start modifying to include things like Chest Beam, Rocket Punch, Eye Beams, and possibly Wind Barrier?
    edited November 2014
    Ahem. Bit of an update here. If someone wants to translate it to PowerHouse, feel free. I can't. Please note, this is an INCOMPLETE BUILD. I'm working on it as I level. Thus far, this is what has worked pretty well for just levelling. Enjoy. (Editted to add Arc of Ruin after initial post.)

Innate Talent: The Devastator (Yes, I know it's corny as hell!)
    Primary Super Stat: Constitution
    Secondary Super Stat: Strength
    Talents In Order:
    Physical Conditioning
    Relentless
    Quick Recovery

Energy Builder: Clobber (It's That Time)
    Power Buying In Order:
    Mighty Leap (Bull Rush, Nailed To The Ground)
    Defensive Combo
    Invulnerability
    Enrage
    Arc of Ruin (Challenging Strikes)