test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Ultimate Guardians - RP Supergroup

heatherbelheatherbel Posts: 48 Arc User
Hello, everyone. The Ultimate Guardians are seeking new members!

The Ultimate Guardians is a medium-to-heavy role-playing supergroup. We are a modern superhero team, very much like the modern Avengers...a combined force of varying individuals with a wide range of backgrounds and abilities trying to do good in the modern world:

• Theme: Everyone is free to define their own idea of heroics. We are a modern superhero team in a modern world and as much as we are inspired by the four color world of the silver age, we do in fact exist in a modern reality where things are not always black and white. That being said, we would prefer to stay away from overly violent or overly dark characters. Characters with dark or violent pasts may be admitted provided the player make agreements with the Staff that their violence is a thing of the past. They must also coordinate with Operations before starting any super group storyline which has a violent outcome. The Ultimate Guardians are very much in the public eye and work closely with the authorities (although they are an autonomous entity), much like the modern day Avengers. It wouldn't look good in the papers if we had members on our team gleefully decapitating muggers.

• Public image: We take the public image of The Ultimate Guardians very seriously, as we want to set an example for the rest of the community. Please be mindful of how you portray your character in public situations. We will not accept abusive or disruptive behavior because it "fits your character concept". We are looking for heroic, intelligent players...the kind of characters that would take the high ground and not stoop to someone else's level.

If you have a character who you think would fit, please stop by our site and check us out. Looking forward to hearing from you!

http://www.shadaree.dk/ultimateguardians/portal.php

Contact @ujjjezebel, @seanobrien76, @LordArgon35, or @Craeoc for any questions.
Post edited by heatherbel on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    (Feel free to join us in the following public RP event!)

A flier is circulating around Millennium City. At the top of the flier is a stylized version of the Phoenix Project logo with the phoenix wearing a witch's hat.

THE PHOENIX PROJECT CHARITY HALLOWEEN PARTY, COSTUME CONTEST, AND BAKE SALE!

Come one, come all, to the first ever Phoenix Project Halloween extravaganza!

Where: Southwest Ren Center Fountain

When: Tuesday, October 28, 9:00pm (server time)

What: Party! Food! Drinks! Costume Contest! Bake Sale!

All proceeds go to supporting The Phoenix Project. Hope to see you there!

(The Phoenix Project is a homeless shelter near the docks on the west side of Millennium City which was founded last year by Ted Beare and his future wife Ginny Bennett Beare. The shelter started out as a very small soup kitchen with a few beds, but has since grown larger. Ginny has recently taken over day to day operations and is working to expand by starting a full time treatment and job training center as well.)
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's a certain other product that's trying to rise from the ashes from the crisp and dusty corpse another hero game that had the "Phoenix Project" moniker. FYI
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pardon me but I am feeling very hyper. So I wondering, since this is like the avengers, is dating co-workers allowed? :P

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have seen other members get together, and get married in the SG.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It is permissible, yes.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    How active is the SG between 3 and 7 am ST?

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Pardon me but I am feeling very hyper. So I wondering, since this is like the avengers, is dating co-workers allowed? :P

Allow me to ask one important thing. Albeit I'm not related to the Ultimate Guardians in any way.

But...

Aren't you underage? I'm asking because this is what is implied by your situation with parents not allowing you to buy Zen.

If yes, why dating other characters is so important?

I ask, because we all know what kind of RP can be involved with "dating"...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Allow me to ask one important thing. Albeit I'm not related to the Ultimate Guardians in any way.

But...

Aren't you underage? I'm asking because this is what is implied by your situation with parents not allowing you to buy Zen.

If yes, why dating other characters is so important?

I ask, because we all know what kind of RP can be involved with "dating"...

Oh no, I don't mean it in 'that' kind of way. I don't buy zen cuz my parents tell me not to. I mean like personally, I would not mind buying at all but well I tend to follow what my parents say. Besides I am not really into dating other characters, cuz I am rarely on. I most probably would not be leaving my current SG as of now. But if I do find one which is more active in my time zone. As for why I asked, it was out of personal interest and also cuz I was high (on caffeine?) and feeling very playful cuz as we all know the avengers had a lot of character shipping. So I wondered if that would be the case in this as well. As for the age, no I am not underage. I am just not old enough for a job yet. (Sounds odd but yeah, in the country I live in, that's the case. No jobs in the field I want till 22.))

~me
  • Options
    rithienrithien Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can't work until 24? That doesn't sound logical at all; they're missing out on all the economic benefits a young workforce can bring.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No, what I mean is that you can go to work. But not in the field I am looking at. I have to complete college first. (Wait its 22 then, not 24. Sorry about that. But yeah) And part-time jobs do not help here much. By the way, yes you are right. My country's economy is not the best. However, it is still developing quickly.

~me
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    How active is the SG between 3 and 7 am ST?

Currently, our most active times are between 5 pm - 1 am server time, though we do have players from many time zones, and one of our current staff members (@Craeoc) is frequently active during the times you mentioned if you wish to speak with someone in game.
  • Options
    moxiedangermoxiedanger Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As for why I asked, it was out of personal interest and also cuz I was high (on caffeine?) and feeling very playful cuz as we all know the avengers had a lot of character shipping.

And yet you brought up the exact same thing in your own SG recruitment thread. I dunno, man; seems fishy.

/endthreadjack
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And yet you brought up the exact same thing in your own SG recruitment thread. I dunno, man; seems fishy.

/endthreadjack

Brought what same thing? I said all forms are allowed because its a social group.... What's fishy in that? O.o

Unless of course you think that 'all RP' signifies 'that' kind of RP which simply would mean that you are not aware that its just another way of saying 'no restriction on RP'. And if you are referring to the part which says that 'mature RP with minors is bannable', I think that it's an essential mention to enforce the rules, if you get what I mean. It's not something fishy but to PREVENT something fishy from going on.

~me
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Welcome to our newest members: Geigertron, Mindphase, and The Black Hornet!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Chances are I want my character in. It gets too lonely to be in a SG with no members online when you are. I will send over a mail when everything is set.

~me
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Welcome to our newest members Alacrity and Mouse.

Perhaps the next addition could be you!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    We're still accepting applications on our site found here.

http://www.shadaree.dk/ultimateguardians/viewforum.php?f=16

Welcome to Absolution, Eothedil, Fujimoto Ruriko, Meteor Mite, and Mourning Dove, our newest members!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Welcome to our newest members Snowpiercer, Ryver, Ghost, and Steel Colossus.

We're still recruiting here and going strong. If you have a heroic, good character who's looking for a team, The Ultimate Guardians may be the place for you!
  • Options
    warblade87warblade87 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just wanted to give a friendly bump to a good RP SG I have seen out there and have had fun RPing with their members.
  • Options
    thisnameshowsupthisnameshowsup Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wondering if you had room for an Ironman style character? My character's name is Abram. Are you all an active RP SG?