test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Reaslistic Vehicle Weapons Remake

hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Suggestions Box
There is a lot issues with Vehicles and Nerfing of their weapons or their weapons being over powered so how about making them a bit more realistic and solving their issues at the same time.

I will remake a number of weapons here so that they are more realistic and superior but hopefully not OP.

Plasma Beam (Because everyone wants to deal with this)
This one should simply deal more damage than the character version (because energy for Vehicles sucks by comparison) and otherwise be exactly like the character version of Plasma Beam. It should do burn not some debuff.

Anti Aircraft Missile
This should deal solid damage with mild AoE and some small knock back. It should deal significantly MORE damage against other Vehicles and Characters using Travel Powers.

Heavy Cannon
This should be an instant shot rather than a charge up. It should deal damage to ONE target ONLY. It should ignore resistance and deal heavy damage at a solid energy cost. This should however have a moderately long cooldown.

Railgun
This should be the big brother of the Heavy Cannon but different. It should deal massive damage to its initial target. It should deal less damage to targets directly behind that one. It should also ignore resistance. It should be able to be fired from an extremely long range but its damage should not be ranged based at all. It should cost a LOT of energy and have a LONG windup before firing. Basically a bit like Sniper Rifle but even more deadly and even longer windup with a pretty brutal energy cost. No CD though.

Incendiary Round
This should always inflict the Burn DoT and hit only one target. They should also reduce the target's resistance but this can only stack up to Ten times regardless of how many vehicles are shooting them.

Flamethrower
This should have a very high chance to inflict the Burn DoT, be a cone of damage, deal rather high damage but have a pretty big energy cost per tick such that it is only really feasible to fire it off in bursts.

Flashbangs
These should not be so much a taunt as they should deal no real damage but instead have a chance to stun the target and otherwise inflict the Disorient Proc and a Perception Debuff that will make the target less accurate. This should be AoE in a small circle and its Perception Debuff should not stack.

Target Painter
This should not deal any damage. It should however add a debuff to the target that increases Critical Chance and Severity against that target. It should only apply this debuff as long as the Painter is active. Only one debuff should affect a single target at a time with the highest rank Painter taking priority. This should be a toggle that costs relatively low energy and can be used with all other weapons.

Stealth (Forgot its actual name)
This should have a large initial cost and then a modest maintain cost. It should deactivate all other weapons and remove all Aggro from you. It should take you out of combat mode and make you invisible to NPC's as long as it is active BUT the moment you activate any other weapon it would deactivate the Stealth giving you a short-lived buff to Dodge and Avoidance.
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heavy Cannon
    -ONE target ONLY

It's a frigging CANNON. And a Heavy one. It shoots rounds that EXPLODE....
    You launch it to a mob of 10. Only one gets hit.
    That just made that weapon suck, big time.

Incendiary Round
    -hit only one target

It's not a bullet. It's a bomb. That explodes.
    See above...

Or are the Vehicles meant to be used only against Bosses....

So no thanks.

And rest of the Realistic Weapons, seem fine more or less.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I still can't kick, swing my sword, fire my shoulder launchers, use my eye beams, drop my Gas Pellets, etc from my hoverbike. I'm serious.
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic supports safe driving. Both hands on the handlebar.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Cryptic supports safe driving. Both hands on the handlebar.

that doesn't explain the no eye beams thing though using your eyes not your hands :tongue:
    edited October 2014
    Well, you need to be able to see where you're driving.
    :cool:
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Superhero games require selective realism. Enough to follow the laws of science and most of the theories but not so much that we can't have birdmen.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure where you got this idea that a heavy cannon doing damage to the one target only would be "realistic".
    Nope, sorry.
    AoE splash damage for this weapon is both ok and realistic.

Charged attack is also realistic with this weapon, if this is your concern. Tank cannons do not reload instantly. They also don't have any "cooldowns". But lock on targets takes some time.
    Charged attack simulates it just fine.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It seems that people forget that cannons also us AP/APCR rounds, which do not explode, thus dealing damage to one target. The ones that explode are HE/HEAT rounds, thats what the cannon currently uses.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Considering our Heavy Cannon does not have any defense penetration, it's certainly not APC round.

Besides, it seems that people forget that "realistically" AP rounds for cannon of this size also are causing collateral splash damage within a radius of few meters from the point of impact, because of flying debris and pressure. This is a heavy weapon, not a surgery blade.
    What we have as a cannon model looks like 80 mm at minimum, judging from the vehicle model. This will never cause a damage to the only one human-sized target.

Railgun should have single target damage and defense penetration. Heavy cannon should be as it is now, AoE splash damage.

Also, Railgun should not be more powerful than player power Sniper Rifle. Just no.