test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vehicle Weapons / Mods, post-nerf?

morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Power Discussion
So, a while back I picked up a vehicle; I did my research, and fitted it out with plasma beam, healing drone, biosteel, and hull scanner.

It seems that this is no longer a particularly good configuration; biosteel at r6 provides an amount of energy that's literally negligible - it makes no difference to how frequently I need to reload. The health regen is nice, though...

So, what would people recommend for alternatives? In this post-nerf world, what are your favorite vehicle weapons / mods, and why?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's hard to say at this point. The new version of heavy cannon is decent.

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    So, a while back I picked up a vehicle; I did my research, and fitted it out with plasma beam, healing drone, biosteel, and hull scanner.

It seems that this is no longer a particularly good configuration; biosteel at r6 provides an amount of energy that's literally negligible - it makes no difference to how frequently I need to reload. The health regen is nice, though...

So, what would people recommend for alternatives? In this post-nerf world, what are your favorite vehicle weapons / mods, and why?

Hard to say. They might get nerfed......:tongue:
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Testing on a Mark II Hover Tank, 2x R6 Biosteel and Hull Scanners, vs. Mega-T. Each test about 1.5 min long:

R3 Plasma Beam: 1.1x PB, reload = ~900 dps
    R2 Incendiary Rounds: 3x IR, reload = ~1800 dps (R3 est ~2150 dps)
    R1 Heavy Cannon: 7x HC, reload = ~670 dps (R3 est ~960 dps)
    R1 Tractor Beam: channel TB = ~330 dps (R3 est ~475 dps)
    R2 AA Missiles: 3x AAM, reload = ~340 dps (R3 est ~410 dps)
    Autoattack: spam Light AP Rounds = ~550 dps

2x R2 IR + 1x R2 AAM, reload = ~2100 dps

That's all I could get my hands on atm. Sheet w/ parsed data:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WeBDk2WftduV3uQ9ombeU9Nl0qYOzdNONguEu8LpcvY/edit#gid=0

PB is dead for tank users :/ Barely being able to channel it more than once before a reload destroys its dps. CN overdid increasing the energy cost per tick on it, imo. Its a near pointless weapon now if ya can't reg channel it 2x+ per reload.

And I think I may regret showing these results cause I dun want IR to suffer PB's fate.. oh well :/
    (hopefully, ofc, the devs realize that IR's dmg is somewhat capped at 3x its DoT, and my rotation kept this up rather optimally just due to the natural energy situation my vehicle was in- reloading when the DoT was already maxed)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We might be back to vehicles 1.0 with Incen Round x 3 Railgun x 3 reload :o
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Yeah, i'd be half worried about the stop having fun crowd than the devs, as it's the stop havin fun crowd that suggests nerfing anything. Trail turtle did mention however the developers want a well equipped vehicle to be on par with a well made character.

I'd suggest honestly to the devs if they see this, they listen to those who enjoy vehicles rather than those who outright hate them and if they see a suggestion, do some research on the persons past posts and whatnot. Some people here actually have mentioned not using vehicles and actually disliking them, would they want to keep it balanced? They may say they want it but they cannot come up with an unbiased suggestion. They don't use them so how could they know? :/

Not wanting a flame war to be started here but it's just a thought.

I hope you aren't insinuating the Plasma Beam's nerf was unjustified by claiming it's just a "stop having fun" group that supports nerfs. I agree that it was overnerfed, but it certainly wasn't fine as it was before.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, i'd be half worried about the stop having fun crowd than the devs, as it's the stop havin fun crowd that suggests nerfing anything. Trail turtle did mention however the developers want a well equipped vehicle to be on par with a well made character.
    A well-made FF dps w/ good gear (Legion or Justice, R7+ mods) nowadays would prob be in the 3-4k optimal dps range when out solo, ofc not using terribly strong powers_devices nor terribly weak ones.

I think its fine for a Mk 2 vehicle w/ proper R7+ mods to also be at the 3-4k optimal ST dps level w/ the best weapon and mod setup for dps. Problem is, so many of the weapons are just terrible for dps since they also have AoE and/or CC components to 'em. Balance for them is prob even more scattered than it is for normal powers atm (well, perhaps not now that PB was grounded). And then ya have reloads.. which is a huge differentiating factor that doesn't really have an analogue for champ builds, as the vast majority of the latter don't or rarely need to end build by lvl 40. How to balance around all that.. I dunno, but part of it may lie in fixing vehicle mods and stats to all work properly.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My "your build is acceptable" cutoff is generally 2K maintained DPS for tanks, and 3.5K maintained DPS for DPSers. (This is while tanking for tanks, and while not having aggro for DPSers). Multiply these values by 1/2 for alert (lvl30) content. Vehicles as they are right now have similar mitigation to tanks, but with "poor healing capabilities". Thus, I suggest 2.5-3K as an adequate target with "all the right gearing". Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to achieve that right now (incend rounds is probably the closest, but doesn't get there).

Keep in mind that MK3 weapons are EXPENSIVE. Not factoring in the cost of vehicles, or other mods, a single MK3 weapon can pay for a full legion upgrade for a single char, PLUS R7 mods (except for, well, CON), depending on the deals you manage to strike up.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't forget the cooldown powers -- micromissiles looks bad, but it only takes 0.67s to fire and then you can use another attack, and gravity bomb does quite a lot of damage once per cd. Also, bear in mind that all vehicle weapons are 100' AoE non-self-root attacks
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    The limited testing I've done has been with Mark 2 vehicles with the 10% bonus, typically loaded with a Rank 6 Biosteel/Hull Scanner setup. Against Test Server Kigatilik, I haven't found anything so far that pushes much beyond 3k DPS.
    jimhsua wrote: »
    Thus, I suggest 2.5-3K as an adequate target with "all the right gearing". Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to achieve that right now (incend rounds is probably the closest, but doesn't get there).

Max-distance Railgun Mark 2 falls within that range (just barely if using a Mark 2 10% tank). Attack chains with Incendiary Round Mark 2 can also reach that DPS goal, if you weave in different weapon(s) between Incendiary applications (the 150 energy on a hawkwing or bike is helpful there).

Those numbers can be pushed a tad higher by swapping out the Biosteels for Energy Dispersions, but then you lose your valuable health regeneration.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Trail turtle did mention however the developers want a well equipped vehicle to be on par with a well made character..

Could you provide a link or some form of proof to this, please?

If this is true, I'm wondering what they mean by a "well made character"
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Could you provide a link or some form of proof to this, please?

If this is true, I'm wondering what they mean by a "well made character"

I think this is the post referenced (paragraph beginning with "Second...", specifically):

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4467101&postcount=141