test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A 'Clear Costume Slot' Button

bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Suggestions Box
Hopefully the title is self explanitory. I want a button to clear a costume slot back to the "New Slot" stage so that I dont have to go adjusting everything everytime I want to redo my character's overall appearance. The in-game currency isn't a problem, but going through ALL of the colors, and body sliders, and face sliders is annoying. Anyone agree?
Post edited by bdragon4co on

Comments

• Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would love a "Clear Costume Slot" button.

I tend to play around a lot in the Tailor, and I tend to make "Test" costumes on characters that might end up being a new character later on. Unfortunately the Tailor lighting is not the same as the regular game lighting, so you have to save the costume, and wear it, so see how it will really look during game play. This leaves me with a lot of characters having these "Test" costumes that they no longer need. With the "Clear Costume Slot" button, I can get rid of these "Test" costumes once I no longer need them.
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Without a doubt, this would be an IMMENSE benefit to us all.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Clear it to what?

Your first costume? Just make a save of that costume and load it when editting a different slot.

The default editor costume? Just hit the default button.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    Clear it to what?

Your first costume? Just make a save of that costume and load it when editting a different slot.

The default editor costume? Just hit the default button.

Clear the costume slot to an empty slot, pretty much like you have on a new toon in the tailor with them, making their second/thrid/fourth/insertnumberhere costume
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The thing is, a new slot will behave as starting a new costume with using whatever costume you had selected before as the base. So just save the costume you want to start as a base, go into edit the costume you want to replace, and load the costume file you just saved.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The problem with this is, people would abuse it to never have to pay for costume changes ever again. Unless the cost of reverting it to an empty slot equals the cost of changing every costume piece and color.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The problem with this is, people would abuse it to never have to pay for costume changes ever again. Unless the cost of reverting it to an empty slot equals the cost of changing every costume piece and color.

I know I'd certainly take advantage of it... having 152 slots on my main, it's a ton of resources when I decide to rework several of her looks.

That being said though I wouldn't mind paying a fee to revert the slots back to a "new" state. I'd also LOVE a way to move the costume slots around, to group or order them as I prefer.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited October 2014

why not have a cost on it, that at level 40 would be.....say 5-10G to set the costume to a new slot
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know really see any point to it when you have the Default button and the Save/Load feature, but heck, options are options, so no opposition here. X) I'll certainly second the organization request, though, my costumes are all over the place.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ooooooh! I love this idea.

/signed!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Make it cost a buttload of resources to wipe... pun detected.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Save/Load method works, but it would be nice to be able to organize all of the costumes that you have. Still, the Clear Slot Button would still be awesome if only for simplicity's sake. It would definently have to cost something, though.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I to favor this idea, it would be greeted by everyone with glee.