test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rampage Thought: Teleiosaurus vs Qwyjibo at B17

pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Suggestions Box
Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo are scripted to meet up on at Slither Beach every so often and fight. This very rarely happens since both of them are generally defeated about five minutes after they spawn, but they're both sort of neat fights (though they haven't kept up with the general power level of players), and it's something nowadays most people don't get a chance to do.

So, turn it into a rampage. To give an excuse to care, move the fight to B17, and make the buildings destructible; the players lose if B17 is destroyed (the map, however, should be large enough that they can be pulled away). To make it a challenge, give them both double damage.

Note that they can hurt one another, which may make two cosmics worth of hit points less tedious, though they both use enough AoE spam that you might prefer to keep them separated.

Incidentally, this no longer works, but Teleiosaurus used to have no leashing radius, which led do this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Teleiosaurus with double damage would annihilate most tank builds.
    Hardly. Unlike Frosty, her attacks have pretty obvious tells, and even doubled her biggest attack is significantly less than a yellow sphere from Gravitar.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    the biggest attack does massive damage in a maintained aoe, and yes it would be a major issue even blocking.
    I've seen Teleiosaurus soloed with an offensive passive pre-Alert, and characters have gotten significantly more powerful since then. Teleio's biggest attack is 6 tics (over 6s) of about 4.5k each. A doubled Teleio would still be less dangerous (for the tank) than Frosty.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Idea, in such a rampage, have both monsters gain a slowly stacking damage buff when too close to each other. the strategy would be to keep them a safe distance from each other, while protecting the base and defeating them in time.
    So basically you split the participants into two balanced teams with enough threat in each to keep the critters under control and enough health management to deal with what each is throwing around? This does sound like a lot of fun to me.
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The "problem" with Teleio in a rampage isn't the tank damage - as pants said, even with double damage, it's still less than frosty or a grav yellow bubble. The problem would be all those poor DPS and support that are within the same cone, and got nailed by that hard-to-tell hold before. Or the cone is vertical, and turns into an AOE of death. The HP regen mechanics needs removing, first of all, and replaced by something more interesting (steering teleios away from qwyjibo, getting her to step over some sort of mine that neutralizes her regen, etc)

The proposed idea is fun, but some way to equalize teleio's damage with qwyjibo would be needed. Cosmics need an overhaul, anyways.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jimhsua wrote: »
    The "problem" with Teleio in a rampage isn't the tank damage - as pants said, even with double damage, it's still less than frosty or a grav yellow bubble. The problem would be all those poor DPS and support that are within the same cone, and got nailed by that hard-to-tell hold before.
    From my experience, a competent tank can usually prevent the cone from hitting the squishies. The killers are hold followed by spine burst, or (for short range attackers), tail swipe (which is fast, substantial damage, rear arc, and has a minimal tell; it probably shouldn't be double damage).
    he HP regen mechanics needs removing, first of all, and replaced by something more interesting (steering teleios away from qwyjibo, getting her to step over some sort of mine that neutralizes her regen, etc)
    The HP regen already has a key to neutralize it (just lots of DPS and it shuts off), but I agree it's not a great mechanic, particularly since it's very hard to distinguish from her stomp attack.
    The proposed idea is fun, but some way to equalize teleio's damage with qwyjibo would be needed.
    Well, F&I shows that it's okay if the two threats are non-equal. Giving Qwyjibo Enrage and Unleashed Rage would be somewhat hilarious, though I have no idea how much damage that would do and UR doesn't have much of a tell.
    Cosmics need an overhaul, anyways.
    Problem is they have long respawn timers and aren't that tough to kill, so most people never see teleio, qwyjibo, or kiga (grond is annoying and totally worthless to kill, so he stays alive; mega-D can be summoned with an open mission). As fights go, aside from numbers tweaks, Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo are probably okay, Kigatilik is horribly boring, Grond is a completely non-dangerous chase scene and fights just like a Might villain, Mega-Destroyer is okay.