test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reawakened Automaton

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2014 in Super News Network
Heroes, the first part of Steel Crusade launches on 9/10, and you'll be able to unlock brand-new powers with the Reawakened Automaton archetype, a cybernetic crusader designed specifically for endgame players!

The Reawakened Archetypes are a new system designed for players who've already reached Level 40 and want more power choices for their freeform characters. If you've already leveled up a character to 40, you'll be able to create a new character in one of the Reawakened archetypes, starting with the Reawakened Automaton.

Want more details? Read the blog!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    designed specifically for endgame players
    The Reawakened Archetypes are a new system
    one of the Reawakened archetypes

I am very curious to see where these lead.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I am very curious to see where these lead.

Hopefully it'll lead to more recycled NPC powers and reskinned powers.

But I hope if they do more that the next ones will be slightly more viable / unique / interesting to use in terms of the stuff I do.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    But, i'm still not going to level an AT to 40.
    Or should i be turning my unplayed, not yet lvl 40 characters to Reawakened ATs? That would be only valid option, for now.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yay new powers are available!

My recommended advantage and specialization purchases:

PowerHouse

Name:

Archetype: Automaton

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Scourge
    Level 6: Ascetic
    Level 9: Quick Recovery
    Level 12: Wordly
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves
    Level 18: Daredevil
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina

Powers:
    Level 1: Wrist Bolter
    Level 1: Power Gauntlet
    Level 6: Rocket Punch (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Aspect of the Machine (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Binding Shot (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 21: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 25: Overdrive
    Level 30: Lock N Load
    Level 35: Energy Wave (Rank 2, Reverse Polarity)
    Level 40: Implosion Engine (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Aggression (2/2)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (2/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

This is the minimum of what you need to make this build remotely reasonable. You have points left over, but don't spend them on Wrist Bolter or Power Gauntlet.

You want to keep mobs away from you at all times. Get Rocket Punch's adv if Chest Beam costs too much. You'll have 4 adv points left at least even if you get Rocket Punch's Blast Wave. Just make sure mobs stay away from you. R3 your ground based travel power, get one with Versatility if you have to.

You MUST get Aspect of the Machine to R3 from how useless its proc is. CAUTION: Gaining more stacks will cause each stack to fall of individually since they do not refresh. If any stacks fall off and your energy is too low, the toggle will turn itself off.

You won't be able to do most of your powers until you get your Ego high enough and get level 40 gear. The specializations are meant to make this easier until then. But when you get Cost Discount gear and Ego insanely high, you can spam all day.

Lock and Load or Ego Surge, it doesn't matter what you pick, but if you get Ego Surge get that adv that scales with Con. But Lock N Load is for that Cost Discount adv so you can spam Chest Beam more while Reconstruction Circuits is up.

Block does not disable Reconstruction Circuits so use that while you run away from enemies. Keep it active at all times so Overdrive stacks are up. Chest Beam or Rocket Punch (w/adv) if things get too close.

Keep mobs together if they are close with Energy Wave and the adv to climb them together and hit them with a Rocket Punch or Chest Beam. Do not get Satellite Cannon! It takes too much time to activate and to have to wait for it to hit. Energy Wave is fast and is a better utility. Keep mobs together with Implosion Engine as an alternative.

Good luck. You're going to die a lot no matter what you do with it.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's a shame that chainsaw gauntlet is a melee power. It has a lot of damage output but the At's primary stat Ego is only good for boosting ranged attacks.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    Thank you Cryptic for making fun of people who paid you either for subscriptions, LTS, or FF slots, by providing them with a slap in their face and a broken AT subpar to pretty much every other AT in this game including the Impulse or the Squall.

Your care is much appreciated. Oh, how fondly it will be remembered. :smile:

No, really. Full stop.

Quit it.

Stop trolling and antagonising your loyal playerbase.

This "system" is a bad idea for the future and it will not give you a lot of positive feedback.
    Especially with such "epic" ATs.

Unless, of course, your intent is to just sell more retrain tokens as players will be bypassing this idea. They it may work.

The AT is rubbish even when compared to other ATs with questionable builds.

No force in the universe can force me to level this AT. The only thing it achieves is a punishment for having FFs and reaching level 40. The worst design ever. A proof of the futile "I know better" attitude.

Of course it also means I can't unlock new powers, but ok. I will at least provide me more fun with spite and negativity. :smile:
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not sure about the appeal of this AT. Not my cup of whiskey, but others may enjoy it.

I'm not a fan of 'rocket punch', but maybe that's the realist inside me. I can't imagine any intelligent cyborg/android/bionic soldier that would use his fist as a projectile, at the risk of losing it. I don't understand the concept behind launching something that isn't aerodynamic and doesn't have the full weight of the attacker behind it (that's where punches make their money, not 'speed'). You'd think regular rockets, or some kind of new blaster would be better. It seems like it was intended to be more of a cartoonish novelty. I see this and look at the be-critters like the Destroid Leader, Lemurian Power Armor, and Cyber Ninja and I question why those specific powers weren't taken instead for this.

Honestly, I look forward to more costumes. Just please continue to release things in the store. I would be willing to pay a higher price for a lockbox-quality costume in the C-Store, rather than gamble for it.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would be willing to pay a higher price for a lockbox-quality costume in the C-Store, rather than gamble for it.

Lockbox "quality" costume in the C- Store for a higher price? Lockbox costumes are known to be poorer quality. That's why they are behind a random chance system so that you can't complain on their poor quality and demand a refund for how broken and incomplete they are.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lockbox "quality" costume in the C- Store for a higher price? Lockbox costumes are known to be poorer quality. That's why they are behind a random chance system so that you can't complain on their poor quality and demand a refund for how broken and incomplete they are.

This recent one, the Egyptian thing? I quite liked it. And Steel Shadow, 90's Foxbat... all good costumes that I felt were a bit better than most of what gets released in the C-Store.

Maybe just a matter of preference? I dunno. Seems like lockboxes are the ones getting weapons, too.
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    54209834.jpg

I like the AT. It's nice for a few concepts ranging from killer robot gone passive to Bounty Hunter to Mad Scientist (less so than Inventor, but still outright bonkers). GRANTED, Overdrive really should have been swapped with a new EU and Power Gauntlet is redundant, but eh.. it's still good. Really, the AT's Toggle pretty much works on the strategy everyone should be using for big villains, kill the adds first and then go after the big guy. I WISH it had other ways to stack, but take what you can get.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And no one really likes Positive Peter either.
    :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, i've seen to miss the 'endgame' part in the blog. The AT is for the EndGame, for the Cosmic Super Hyper Angry Giant Villains....that where it really shines.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As I pointed out in the PTS thread on the RA, if you really hate having to touch those filthy ATs like some kind of Silver peasant, just retrain an existing 40 to RA and the powers will be instantly unlocked. No problem.

I think I'll go ahead and level this, because mobs in the game don't act like dummies in the PH, and the best way to figure strategies for powers is to try them in the "real" world. Then I'll know the best ways to use the powers when I put them on other toons. (Available data suggest that Happifun needs Binding Shot, for instance...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    furriesfurries Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All I can say is that If anyone who don't want to use the new Archetype dose not have too. No one is pointing a gun at your head to force you.

I will be using the AT on a fresh new hero without tampering with my current 18 Heroes. I know I will find some useful themes for the powers in the future, In Second Life I am a moder I mod avatars so in Champions Online I always has some new ideas but always run out of Character slots and sucks when you have a idea you have no more free slots.

Can't wait to play the new mission on my main hero once I re-construct his powers was not able to sense the server went down before I can finish it.

I won't mind leveling the new AT, I only have 2 Level 40s anyways so with 18 heroes I may never get them all to lvl 40 anytime soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fastest Hedgehog Alive
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    - May we please get AoTM fixed so that it doesn't turn itself off so frequently during combat?

I'm unaware of any other offensive toggle that does this. So I'm assuming it's just a bug that there wasn't time to address.

Thank You
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    As I pointed out in the PTS thread on the RA, if you really hate having to touch those filthy ATs like some kind of Silver peasant, just retrain an existing 40 to RA and the powers will be instantly unlocked. No problem.

Can you then retrain the character back to a normal freeform (normal as in complete with the customizable power colors and skins, not the pseudo freeform of purchased freeform slots)? I ask because I have zero experience with retrain tokens as there are no ATs on my primary account and no freeforms (anymore) on my secondary accounts.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There's that one character in Justice League, Happy something, that fits into a robot suit and one of his weapons is to fire his fists as projectiles..yeah, not the best weapon but remember seeing it in an episode
    I'm not sure about the appeal of this AT. Not my cup of whiskey, but others may enjoy it.

I'm not a fan of 'rocket punch', but maybe that's the realist inside me. I can't imagine any intelligent cyborg/android/bionic soldier that would use his fist as a projectile, at the risk of losing it. I don't understand the concept behind launching something that isn't aerodynamic and doesn't have the full weight of the attacker behind it (that's where punches make their money, not 'speed'). You'd think regular rockets, or some kind of new blaster would be better. It seems like it was intended to be more of a cartoonish novelty. I see this and look at the be-critters like the Destroid Leader, Lemurian Power Armor, and Cyber Ninja and I question why those specific powers weren't taken instead for this.

Honestly, I look forward to more costumes. Just please continue to release things in the store. I would be willing to pay a higher price for a lockbox-quality costume in the C-Store, rather than gamble for it.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I already said what I wanted to say about this AT in the AT thread. So this filthy silver peasant is going to level from 1-40 as soon as I get around to it. I am really hoping the form bugs have been fixed by the time I log in. It'll be a surprise!
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    furries2 wrote: »
    All I can say is that If anyone who don't want to use the new Archetype dose not have too. No one is pointing a gun at your head to force you.

Fallacy.

You are missing the fact that new powers for FFs are gated behind this AT.

Which actually is forcing players either to play or to spend the retrain token.

Yes, this is forcing players, or they won't have powers.

This is essentially punishing players for investing in FFs and can't be called otherwise.

Worse if Cryptic really wants to keep with this totally miscalculated system for all new power unlocks in the future.

Way to troll their own playerbase.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can you then retrain the character back to a normal freeform (normal as in complete with the customizable power colors and skins, not the pseudo freeform of purchased freeform slots)? I ask because I have zero experience with retrain tokens as there are no ATs on my primary account and no freeforms (anymore) on my secondary accounts.
    Just ran the experiment again.

1) ATs on Gold accounts have customizable colors. (Didn't check the skins, as I haven't time this morning to create an Inventor on PTS and try to reskin the pets.)

2) You can retrain back to Freeform. You'll need a second Retrain token, though. They're currently on sale for 1000 Zen, regular price 1250 Zen.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    furriesfurries Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fallacy.

This is essentially punishing players for investing in FFs and can't be called otherwise.

Worse if Cryptic really wants to keep with this totally miscalculated system for all new power unlocks in the future.

But it dose not mean I have to have the power in my Build of a current hero. Dose not mean I have to use a retain token. I can just roll a new hero. I am not being told what to do and what should or should not be in my Build.

I don't have to use the AT at all if that was my choice no one has no rights to tell me what I should have in my build, I Put powers in my builds my way I care less what others think or what I use.

I am not being told to give up a lvl 40 hero on my slot to swap to the new AT. I do have a right to use the new AT on a new slot or hero.

What I do with my Heroes and what I do with the powers and my account is my business, No one has no power over me, No one. I am a type of person that has no love or hate towards to new the AT.

What you hate or like is your rights, I don't judge who uses what, I careless what anyone uses. All I care is if they are having fun and love what they use.

But that's all I am gonna say as my final post, I am a open minded person and I don't judge anyone. I am just saying no one has to use it is really up to you if you use it or not. They can use the old ATs. It should be optional not you have to use because you have no choice being forced by your own free will.

I have a strong Free Will and I do whatever I want, I don't like anyone telling me what to do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fastest Hedgehog Alive
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Just ran the experiment again.

1) ATs on Gold accounts have customizable colors. (Didn't check the skins, as I haven't time this morning to create an Inventor on PTS and try to reskin the pets.)

2) You can retrain back to Freeform. You'll need a second Retrain token, though. They're currently on sale for 1000 Zen, regular price 1250 Zen.

Thank you so much Jon. The info is much appreciated.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    furries2 wrote: »
    But it dose not mean I have to have the power in my Build of a current hero. Dose not mean I have to use a retain token. I can just roll a new hero. I am not being told what to do and what should or should not be in my Build.

I don't have to use the AT at all if that was my choice no one has no rights to tell me what I should have in my build, I Put powers in my builds my way I care less what others think or what I use.

I am not being told to give up a lvl 40 hero on my slot to swap to the new AT. I do have a right to use the new AT on a new slot or hero.

What I do with my Heroes and what I do with the powers and my account is my business, No one has no power over me, No one. I am a type of person that has no love or hate towards to new the AT.

What you hate or like is your rights, I don't judge who uses what, I careless what anyone uses. All I care is if they are having fun and love what they use.

So what?

You are given three choices:

1 - level a broken AT.
    2 - pay for retrain.
    3 - NOT have new powers.

Either way you are punished somehow. Either by going through the chore of leveling this smoking pile of... pixels, or having to spend additional Zen, or not having new powers.

God forbid player wants more powers for their FFs, eh? Let's punish them for it with dull and broken play.

Not like the unlock couldn't be made by quests. Or perks. Better to force anyone into broken AT.

That's a bad design. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "not having something just handed to you" =/= "punished". Your incredible exaggerating is tedious.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    "not having something just handed to you" =/= "punished". Your incredible exaggerating is tedious.

True.
    Good thing i'm not paying Gold.
    *flutters away with LTS*
    I guess it's just me for raising an eyebrow for another 'New System'.
    Hopefully the 'System' provids something worth to level up an AT. And i mean worth of 1250Zen.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Yours is as well.

Nobody demanded new powers to be just handled.

The unlock can be made in a better way.

Put it behind the Steel Crusade story arc. Or as a kill perk.

Both ways means working towards it.

But don't produce probably the worst AT in CO and force people who invested into FFs, to specifically not play ATs, to use it.
    This way of unlocking is just trolling players. Or introducing very artificial padding into gameplay.

It's also a great proof of devs not understanding their own game, by the way. :wink:

These powers should be unlockable with FFs. Period.

Oh, I know there will be a lot of people who just love to show how level-headed they are or just being afraid of negativity, but all the negative feedback for this idea is fully justified.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Fallacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIikqPmbgvI
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm not saying you and others don't have a point, it's just your hyperbole that's getting on my nerves.

I mean, c'mon, you started right off with "slap in the face". Who can take that seriously?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Enjoy your free AT.

This will be the last one for the long time, though, as the feedback will made this idea gone.

Lemme guess, you have no FFs?
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm fine with the Reawakened AT idea in theory, particularly since folks have the option of just buying the Retrain token(s) as an alternative to a level grind they may not enjoy. It just seems like this particular implementation falls short in terms of the new powers. Even though I have the Zen sitting in my account, I'm not sure the 2 or 3 new powers (if the form should even count) are worth the trade. After a year since the last significant new powers were added to the game, I was definitely expecting more.

Thanks for the new content though.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Had.

Dropped gold when life required my funds more than a game. Frankly didn't change much as most of my FFs save for Nightmare were just "improved' ATs with some powers changed either out of disgust (Devastator with Annihilate instead of Brimstone), Concept (Glacier but with Hurricane instead of Shatter; Blade with double chains for Spawn with a Sword), or just preferences (Invincible with Wrist Bolters and Concussor Beams instead hand blasts and Tac Missile)

SO I will enjoy my free one ;D Just another concept to play with.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I have an awesome idea!
    We could use the New Tokens to buy the New Powers!
    Like 10 New Tokens per 1 New Power!
    How's them apples now?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yeah, when I was a kid I hated when my parents punished me by forcing me to play video games. Bunch of jerks. Sucks that we now live in a world where we have no choice but to play video games that we don't want to play, and do things in games that we don't want to do, cause if we don't the FBI comes to our house and hits us with common sense.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As these new powers are eminently skippable, the easy solution is to skip them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Blah blah blah...

Except this time we're already playing the game, the difference is the developers are trying their exceptionally bad thought and executed idea for the one segment of the game.

Worse, this idea has absolutely no bearing on AT players, but is at least annoying for FF players.

And they do wonder if to not keep this system for all future power releases.

So either they will learn now, how terribly bad this idea is, or chances are all future power releases for FFs will be gated behind such fallacies.

It's called "feedback". The best this idea deserves.
    As these new powers are eminently skippable, the easy solution is to skip them.
    Probably the best way of showing nothing but the pure contempt to this "great" idea and its execution.
    Thankfully this time powers themselves are fairly forgettable, so no big harm done.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Grrrrrrr!

Well technically the entire game is skippable. You can just skip the entire game, proudly declare that you have beat Champions Online, and go outside and play with your dog. Which I'm going to do now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You're going out to play with meedacthunist's dog??? :eek:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You're going out to play with meedacthunist's dog??? :eek:
    Disadviced.
    The thing is very stupid and sleeps most of the time.

I only wonder how much Cryptic will benefit in the long run with players skipping more and more parts of their game?
    Like freeform, since it might be questionable to stick with it if the developers policy is to made you play ATs anyway? :wink:
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OK, we get it. The AT sucks. Was established in the two PTS threads already.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I don't think they got it in there either. The point being the way the powers are unlocked.
    The future Reawakened ATs may be equiped with better powers. Or not. Who knows. Atleast theres something different coming for.
  • Options
    toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ...as the feedback will made this idea gone.

Save for you and one or two others, of the 80 or 90 people who posted on the PTS thread no one objected to the theoretical concept of leveling a new AT to 40 to unlock FF powers.

What they did ignore was the overwhelmingly and uniformly negative feedback on the AT itself. Given this and that you are in a tiny minority, I rather suspect you may be wildly overestimating the possibility of your own "feedback" affecting future content.
    flyingfinn wrote:
    We could use the New Tokens to buy the New Powers!

This isn't actually a bad idea, although you'd need to adjust the ratio for how much time you spent playing versus how much time it'd take to level an AT. So, say 5-6 hours of play for each new power, and adjust the token requirement appropriately.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What they did ignore was the overwhelmingly and uniformly negative feedback on the AT itself. Given this and that you are in a tiny minority, I rather suspect you may be wildly overestimating the possibility of your own "feedback" affecting future content.
    I think you may be wildly overestimating if this general attitude will remain after more people will be exposed to this AT.
    And people were more enthusiastic before it became clear how the final build will look. Then the attitude dropped a bit.

It is obvious that the AT was made this way on purpose. That's why feedback about its build was ignored.

So we can pretty much expect future "reawakened" ATs will be also seriously flawed on purpose.

How it looks now? Still that great?

Would you like more ATs like that in the future? Because that's the plan. That's not gonna change with following ATs.

The Reawakened AT is basically designed as CO equivalent of unlocking achievement by playing the game once again, but on a higher difficulty level.

That's why RA is purposely built deeply flawed. To ramp up the difficulty.

It is not designed to be played after hitting the max level, but to be tedious to level.

Nevermind it's an artificial difficulty, there's a problem with this idea.

Either future ATs needs to be better, or the entire idea must be scrapped.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Point: Can we stop saying his argument doesn't apply because nobody's forcing him to play it? It's a good example of the black and white fallacy, if he wants the powers he does have to play it. Sure, you can say "you don't have to play the game" but yeah... Can we stop telling people to leave because they don't like a mechanic? That'd be great, thanks. It's not "Either you enjoy the AT or nobody's forcing you to play it", wtf is the point of a forum if you can't discuss your opinions on something? It's not like this isn't the thread for it. All feedback is good, unless it's "and then I want to eviscerate your cat" or something. Argue the idea, not the person or their right to make it. Hell, he's not even the only one in this thread voicing similar opinions about the quality of the AT.

I've already made my feelings on the AT itself known. I'm not gonna repeat it, because I did my best to make sure my issues were heard, and the thing is now live. Nothing more I can do. What I can say, though, is didn't y'all mention something about a contest for designs of this thing?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All feedback is good, unless it's "and then I want to eviscerate your cat" or something
    .... I could give a rat's **** about that. .

Ok....Have you been reading my diary again.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've leveled to 40 over 27 times (I lost count), but the new archetype is not available to me.

Is this a subscription only thing?
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've leveled to 40 over 27 times (I lost count), but the new archetype is not available to me.

Is this a subscription only thing?

Log in one of your level 40 toons first, wait for it to award the unlock, then go create your RA toon.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.