What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alert Tips

zautharidazautharida Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Introductions
POST YOUR OWN TIPS FOR ALERT MISSIONS HERE

TIP #1

When the mission starts and a few of you die off quickly and/or draw a large group of monsters by accident. Don't rage quit. It can take one to leave to make everyone to follow or makes the mission lot harder for the other players and you end up wasting more time for yourself and the other players.
Sometimes a enemy will knock back a player tossing them into another group of enemy's, this will draw more to the group. Stay in the game and kill them off one by one, mostly start with the weaker ones to lower the DPS (Damage per second). Most of the times depending on your level you be in a weaker group for some reason but doesn't mean the mission would be impossible. Keep trying and don't give up, if you do then others will and then time was wasted and you might end up in the same group for the next alert mission.
Post edited by zautharida on

Comments

• Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    TIP #2

If you are a ranged champion (especially dps) please do not engage a melee enemy first / gen too much aggro from a melee champ and begin running around to negate the enemies' attacks. It becomes a very big pain for melee champs in your team.

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    TIP#3
    You could actually try this in a spot where people could find them more easily, than a 'Hi There, Stranger!' part of the forums. Like HERE.
    Just a thought.
    But, Hi there, stranger. Welcome to CO.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zautharidazautharida Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ah thank you, I'll re-post it there :)
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TIP #4

Please go easy on the knockbacks when there is melee alerters, even with a mobility skill, it can be annoying chasing after a mob that has been force cascaded across a map.
  • Options
    bellerauxbelleraux Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TIP #5

If you don't trust your toon's survivability, try to use your strongest attack on the weakest enemy.

TIP #6

Try to engage the same enemy your teammates are engaging. Faster killing = less damage

TIP #7

I'm going to play Devil's advocate on this one. While knockbacks are bad for the team, if you notice someone is being whomped, pick out the strongest enemy, knock him back as far as possible (Force Cascade or Haymaker), then teleport/superspeed to him to keep your team safe from the strongest enemy.

TIP #8

Knockbacks are evil, but knock-ups are good. So are Knock Downs.

Tip #9

CC is bugged but works wonderfully in PVE. Put the enemy in a good hold then target someone else.

Golden TIP

IF Ao'Qephoth decides to attack you, B L O C K. Let the rest of the team damage him.

Call Maverick if you need a DPS help, or Combat Medic if you need a healer.

I am known for having extremely good or extremely bad luck with drops.
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd like to add a few:

- If you are a tank, don't stand around waiting for your teammates to start the combat. As a tank this is supposed to be your role.

- By the way, in a timed alert, it's not a good idea to stand still waiting for someone to start the action while time is running.

- In Recruiting Drive, you just have to defeat the boss. Thus, the best strategy is to beat the first group of enemies near the starting area, and then use a long range attack on the boss to attract him back to the starting area. Besides making it easier to avoid aggroing the mobs, pulling the boss to the start where the police men stands adds their firepower to the damage on the boss, making the alert MUCH easier. Fighting the boss where he stands usually ends up attracting the surrounding mobs and making the alert needlessly harder.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    MCPD npcs dun really do more dps than an end builder's worth (possibly even less than that). Its not really worth it to drag a boss all the way back for that, since that's also lowering ur team's dps having to fall back that much and chase the boss back that far.

Although pulling the boss back a bit past the stairs is a good idea, the npcs should really only be aggro'd if ya think the whole group will wipe and ya want the npcs to buy extra time to recover before the boss resets.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    bellerauxbelleraux Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    MCPD npcs dun really do more dps than an end builder's worth (possibly even less than that). Its not really worth it to drag a boss all the way back for that, since that's also lowering ur team's dps having to fall back that much and chase the boss back that far.

Although pulling the boss back a bit past the stairs is a good idea, the npcs should really only be aggro'd if ya think the whole group will wipe and ya want the npcs to buy extra time to recover before the boss resets.

That is easy: Ranged DPS with long-range powers (100 feet). They can attack from far and the boss will go towards them.

Call Maverick if you need a DPS help, or Combat Medic if you need a healer.

I am known for having extremely good or extremely bad luck with drops.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if you are doing the Bank alert;

ranged instead of kiting. Jump on a cabinet, a lot of the bosses can't jump. you can shoot form there and keep the boss still. So everyone else can attack.

This won't help against Ripper who just throws rocks at you.
    If you have flight, instead of kiting along the ground. Fly straight above the target usually the Boss. That way they stay still.

If you have a crowd stun type ability, Follow a melee character and hit a group for them.

stunned ones are easier to hit
    or whirlwind with vortex bunches them. easier to hit.
    if the tank has the Bosses attention, DON'T stand directly behind the tank. Most bosses have a line or arc attack and you will get hit too.
    If you have a healer in the party and they get aggro while healing. KILL their attackers, so they can finish healing.
    Before rushing to the next mobs in untimed alerts, let peoples health recharge.
    a party with 4 out of 5 on 1/4 health is not going to do well in a fight.
    Don't be surprised if someone with a green cross icon starts tanking. Even if they are in Support role.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When you are fighting VIPER, try to bring down the Brickbusters as priority targets. They have a charge attack that can breach defences, significantly reducing healing effectiveness (and maybe other things aswell) which can result in your DPS or tank being easily taken down.

Also, if there is somebody in the team who is a healer (which is not the same as somebody in a support role) look for them when you are in trouble. Whilst running away may seem like a good idea it can split up groups making the fight last longer than necessary. Head for the healer and let him/her patch you up.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't kite, block, unless there's absolutely no one else doing damage, or you'll go down if you don't move.

If you're a brick using uppercuts, charge to half strength unless you're alone. They'll still fall, but they won't have so much hang time that other meleeists can't keep whomping on them. Also, if you absolutely must knock a enemy, use charged uppercuts to build stacks of KB resistance.

Don't stop so you can dance for the cut scene in Day at the Mall. Save the celebration for afterward. Unless you're with an all-friends party, in which case, go crazy.

Same goes for RP (unless it's one line using a macro) or general chatting. If it's an all-RP party or an all-friends party, fine, but if it's a PUG, focus on the alert until it's over.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you are playing as a RADIANT AT, for the love of GOD HEAL the player who is TANKING the BOSS
    This AT was made to HEAL not to DPS, Tanking maybe, DPS NOT

DON'T try to DPS with that AT, it's only good for Healing and Debuffing NOT for DPS

Rebuke can Heal when you target a Friendly Target, so you have a Heal from the Start

[This Message comes from someone who was Tanking Ao-Qephoth with his FF Glass Cannon Archer, struggling to Self Heal-Deal Damage-Blocking Life Drain-Keep the Agro in a PUG of low levels while the RADIANT of the PUG didn't do **** to Heal me and help me stay alive]

I see a lot of Radiants ATs in GRAB that think they are DPS and ignore healing
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I usually alternate between healing and slamming Vengence w/ Redemption Denied when I'm playing my Radiant. Healing for the obvious reasons, but with Vengence and it's advantage, it triggers my debuffing specs.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.