test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Message to the Devs.

mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Hero Games
The Hero Games = PvP

Also I have a message about the duelling system, where should I post it?
Post edited by mrhinkypunk on

Comments

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Hero Games = PvP

You_don%27t_say-.jpg
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Hero Games = PvP

Also I have a message about the duelling system, where should I post it?

Witness here a marvel of inefficiency: Posting a message asking where to post a message. The message itself, posted in a place where the intended recipient will never see it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Witness here a marvel of inefficiency: Posting a message asking where to post a message. The message itself, posted in a place where the intended recipient will never see it.

The message to the devs was that Hero Games is PvP. Just so they know for sure.

Then I got thinking if the Duelling System isn't the Hero Games System then where do you post it? I suppose General Gameplay?
    rtma wrote: »
    You_don%27t_say-.jpg

That's the joke.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    There was a joke? o3o

Well... All I knew was there was a [/url].

PvP is no joke.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The message to the devs was that Hero Games is PvP. Just so they know for sure.

Then I got thinking if the Duelling System isn't the Hero Games System then where do you post it? I suppose General Gameplay?

That's the joke.

You do realize n oone does heroes games, because dueling has taken over the entire pvp circuit dispute heroes games being about earning stuff, and dueling you earn zip nada, nothing, but bragging rights, i'd like for the dueling to offer acclaim for wins, and offer a smaller amount for general participation, as for dueling in rencen, its fun I usually grab popcorn, I honestly don't mind the endtire circle where the christmas tree, concert stage, and foxbat stage popup during events, why else would you stand in the circle if not to pvp
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    You do realize n oone does heroes games, because dueling has taken over the entire pvp circuit
    This is in part because the PvP queues are only semifunctional and many of them require quite a lot of simultaneous players before they'll actually pop. Dueling allowing acclaim is a nonstarter, due to being far too easy to abuse (not that acclaim gets you much of anything, but two people standing next to a respawn point spamming duels is way too easy).
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You do realize n oone does heroes games, because dueling has taken over the entire pvp circuit dispute heroes games being about earning stuff, and dueling you earn zip nada, nothing, but bragging rights, i'd like for the dueling to offer acclaim for wins, and offer a smaller amount for general participation, as for dueling in rencen, its fun I usually grab popcorn, I honestly don't mind the endtire circle where the christmas tree, concert stage, and foxbat stage popup during events, why else would you stand in the circle if not to pvp

Hold on.. I speak bad grammar.

Translation:

"I typed without thinking."
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    and the first thing to implement is inability o challenge anyone who is moving.
    Still having idiots challenge characters to duels while running or flying(ok I forgot to whitelist some)so that they can get a free win.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    F. U.

N.

That spells FUN!

NOW FIX HERO GAMES!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited August 2014

This thread was very serious. You didn't answer it however, I was asking where I should post my message about duels because this section clearly states "The Hero Games" which we all well know isn't duels.

Dueling is boring, solo PvP in EVERY game has a FOTM. There's one build that wins almost every time, you can counter it by changing one thing on that one build and this is what a FOTM is when someone decides to counter that ONE build to make his change the new ONE build. Team PvP isn't like this because things can be countered pretty much on the spot.

When I do duels I do the exact same thing every time it gets repetitive. First I jump behind the nearest LoS, they'll either use unbreakable or MD. Depending on who they are I'll wait or I'll go right away if they use unbreakable. If I wait I'll hide until they use bother unbreakable and MD, I'll try to force them to use MD by sleeping them randomly while jumping out then when they use it I'll hide again. Once I finally have the opitunity to attack all I do is throw and ice grenade then and omicron then rimefire. This will usualy kill squishy people with just that. Then I ego sleep - SR - nanobot - sleep - SR - rimefire. And if they aren't dead after that I just walk out of the arena or use NPG if they are on like 1 hp which if they survived that usually isn't the case.

Just the same thing, boring gameplay. How can anyone find purely doing duels fun I have no idea, but there seem to be a lot of them. The thing is the people who only duel and don't go into hero games are never the best at dueling, infact they are never really that good at all and usually the people I'll kill very early on in the combo even through unbreakable within about 30 seconds where they can't even find me while I stand behind the LoS.

Dueling for acclaim is out of the question, too easy to exploit and kinda stupid as an idea. The only award system you could do on it is a trade type window where each person puts in their items or G before dueling to win it. But I'd hate that idea because as I said 1v1 is pretty much one single build that makes duels last forever until one person get's that 1% chance lucky combo and kills the other person.

People also stand in the circle to talk / show of costumes you know? I'm pretty sure at least half the people usually in there wouldn't accept a duel if you payed them.

FIX PVP P's 'n' Q's NAW!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You could post it in your butt u3u that in some way seems relevant to two dudes beating on each other for fifteen minutes... your butt.

Cause you're a bad boy and you get a spanking o3o from two dudes.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    stairs0 wrote: »

Kthxbye

If you be my bodyguard I can be your long lost pal o3o
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    L M A O

Y U Need Manipulator????? Some Kids Need It To Win L M A O

Come Find Me In Club Caprice, I Show U How To Rp :)

Did you think you were quoting IMP? o3o
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    L M A O

Y U Need Manipulator????? Some Kids Need It To Win L M A O

Come Find Me In Club Caprice, I Show U How To Rp :)

Oi, don't you have maths to get on with?!? Slacker!

Also ew how could you mistake foxi for me. :<

Also do you have a thing on to auto capitalise every first letter of every word other than the first one. Because when you quoted me up there you made it look like...

like I Type Like This All The Time "for Your Info" And Stuff. Great Auto Caps 101.

Also... Also.