test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone have info on Wither in the Sentinel tree?

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Power Discussion
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and continually forget that there's a Combat Log "channel" I can activate to perform this kind of testing.

I've been using Wither for a while, but recently stumbled upon a few old threads that have made me start doubting whether or not it's actually helping. None of the info I've found, though, be it positive or negative, has been all that "concrete". Hopefully, someone here will know the facts.

One: Does Wither have its own duration, or is it tied to the hold that triggers it? In other words, can it help against unholdable enemies such as Frosticus, Kenina, and Gravitar? EDIT: After testing, it seems the Wither effect is indeed tied to the hold. If the hold's icon does not appear in the enemy's debuff list, it does not take effect. That said, I just tested against Frosticus and was getting Stun showing up on his debuff list despite the Stun not actually taking effect. Also tested against a basic Alert boss, Devana Hawke or however her name's spelled, to see if Wither was truly being applied. Looking at the combat log, it's hard to tell if it was actually giving the boost from Wither or not. The damage dealt was often higher than the damage received (that's the number in parentheses, right?), but not always, and sometimes by more than 10%. Very confusing.

Two: How does the "10% more damage" take effect? Is it a genuine 10% increase in all damage taken, or is it just a 10% hit to the enemy's resistance total (and thus near-useless for me in solo situations given that I already have 61% penetration, and only barely useful for anyone else)? EDIT: The buff does seem to be a true 10% damage boost. So there's some good news there, at least.

I'm considering changing from Ricochet Throw and Concentration to Sonic Arrow and Manipulator for the purposes of alpha strike damage, overall team damage output, and energy management, but the hit to base damage is far too crippling if I don't hear good news on both questions. X) Here's hoping.
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welp, since this thread pretty much concluded before it even really started :p
    Time to just.. uh, shoot the sh-, I guess?

Person A: Isn't that Wither a handy power?

Person B: Why yes, yes it can be!

Person A: Why doesn't the debuff show up?

Person B: Cause the best things in life aren't always obvious.

Person A: Or because Cryptic is cryptic like that.

Person B: Okay sure, wanna get some taquitos?

Person A: Splendid!
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Welp, since this thread pretty much concluded before it even really started :p

I couldn't have done it without all of you. :D
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!