test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eldritch Blast's "Sorcerer's Whim" on bosses? Also, PvP Stun.

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Power Discussion
Alright, so, I'm contemplating the viability of switching my main damage power to Eldritch Blast with the Sorcerer's Whim advantage that makes it do an extra chunk of damage to held targets. Is there ANY way to make Sorcerer's Whim be able to consistently activate against the biggest bosses, like Gravitar and Frosticus/Kenina? Or is every single hold completely blocked with them? Would end up having Manipulator as a Form, if that makes a difference.

The biggest reason for the consideration is so that I can utilize Stuns in PvP, against the players who build exclusively to be unkillable, with a dozen heals and 20k+ HP. But, the Stuns I DO have don't seem to last for the time listed on the tooltips. That, or it just feels like less time because as soon as I unleash a Stun, I have to get the hell away from all the other people in Bash who know full well that the person I just hit is unkillable, whereas I'm a juicy and squishy target for them to farm if they can only reach me before I vanish. The question here is, are Stun durations reduced in PvP? Does Hold Resistance reduce the duration of Stuns? About how much of a reduction are people typically reaching in PvP on I-don't-actually-care-if-I-kill-so-long-as-I-never-ever-ever-die characters?
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I've said in a similar thread, Ego Storm w/ Manip is pretty much the only window ya got for procing Sorc's Whim on bosses, and that's a very small one at that. I have hit them w/ enhanced stuns, but even if the stun debuff crops up for a few sec, the boss isn't actually stunned and Sorc's Whim still won't proc during that time.

CC effects can still proc many useful debuffs, namely Wither, Trapped, Vulnerability, and Sent mastery- SM is particularly notable for being a significant means of group healing while continuing to deal damage. Ya won't be using the CC for the actual control aspects vs. bosses, though.

I can see the use for it in pvp, but that's not my area to really know.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!