test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deluge of questions regarding poison.

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Power Discussion
How do poison builds far in terms of DPS?

How much of poison's DPS comes from Deadly Poison?

Are there any forms that improve Deadly Poison's damage?

How is Pestilence compared to Fiery or Ice Form?

How does Deadly Poison interact with resistances? From prior research, it sounds like it ignores resistance a bit.

Does Defense Penetration (as from Intelligence tree) have much of an effect?

Can Deadly Poison be dodged?

Is Deadly Poison affected by the linear reduction of Invulnerability/Inertial Dampening Field?

Do multiple stacks of Deadly Poison tick independently, or are they all added together for one big tick?

Does Wither in Sentinel Tree affect Deadly Poison's damage?

How much damage should each stack of Deadly Poison do in a poison build?

What all is typically required in a good poison DPS build? Could I get away with just Venomous Breath and Vile Lariat to put on Bleeds?

I know I had more questions, but they escape me at the moment. X)
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Good

Depends how you look at it, when looking at parses about 20%

Yes

Good

It works, did you account for pestilence?

Unsure, but I would not be surprised if it didn't work

No

Yes

All together

Unsure

To lazy to check

Epidemic
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Last I checked no forms affect Deadly Poison. Forms are range/melee tagged, deadly poison is not.

Deadly poison does not ignore resistances, I believe it partially ignores shields or flat reduction, one of those.

I don't think def pen does anything.

I would think Epidemic, Firesnake, Defile and Infernal Blast are necessary.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With pestilence (this is not quite stable damage):
    Your Deadly Poison deals 507 (564) Toxic Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy C.

Without pestilence (completely stable):
    Your Deadly Poison deals 378 (454) Toxic Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy C.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    INT/Dex/Con R3 Epidemic build using AM procs on Infernal Blast and Defile's debuff, but w/o using firesnake's debuff- so the resists are easier to track:
    TYPE            DAMAGE   BASEDAMAGE  ENCDPS    AVERAGE   MINHIT  MAXHIT  HITS  AVGDELAY  CRIT%  RESIST%  
    All             299,344  249,117     3,137.78  962.52    58      6,054   311   0.36      23%    -20%     
    Epidemic        163,245  131,297     1,711.16  1,209.22  313     1,971   135   0.68      46%    -24%     
    Infernal Blast  66,357   52,796      695.57    4,147.31  1,319   6,054   16    5.74      50%    -25%     
    [B]Deadly Poison   55,539   51,677      582.17    514.25    58      662     108   0.83      0%     -7%[/B]      
    Pestilence      12,939   12,185      135.63    253.71    205     286     51    1.88      0%     -6%      
    Defile          1,264    1,162       13.25     1,264.00  1,264   1,264   1     NaN       0%     -8%

DP Doesn't seem to work w/ Detect Vuln's defense pen, but did w/ Defile and Epidemic's -resist. DP was about 20.3% of my dps in the complete build w/ firesnake, but that could vary w/ the rotation and abilities chosen.

Toggle stacking w/o adding Ego or Offense from RA didn't affect DP's tooltip dmg from 1-8 stacks (the offense did, though).

I assume Wither works w/ DP since its a general debuff on the enemy.

Stacking bleeds w/ DP doesn't sound like a bad idea, but vile lariat doesn't have a great proc rate on DP and is low dps itself (same w/ Venom breath).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Last I checked no forms affect Deadly Poison. Forms are range/melee tagged, deadly poison is not.

Deadly poison does not ignore resistances, I believe it partially ignores shields or flat reduction, one of those.

I don't think def pen does anything.

I would think Epidemic, Firesnake, Defile and Infernal Blast are necessary.

I'd think Nightwarrior would affect DP stacks, since it's All Damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    That's a passive :o By form I assumed he meant Concentration, Enrage, etc.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    compassion would buffs all types of damage to a lessor degree i think Manipulator does as well
  • Options
    bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    That's a passive :o By form I assumed he meant Concentration, Enrage, etc.

Doh!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, shoot. Alrighty, thanks for the answers, y'all. Looks like poison will not suit my needs. X) At least not without a large team.

I'm still curious, however, how much damage do good poison characters typically get out of each stack of Deadly Poison? According to Flowcyto's chart, it looks like he was getting 66 out of each on the high end. I recall reading in a very old thread where someone was claiming 90 damage per stack... Though that very well may have just been a number they threw out for the sake of calculation. Even in that case, 900 DPS is hardly enough to call it a damage character.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, shoot. Alrighty, thanks for the answers, y'all. Looks like poison will not suit my needs. X) At least not without a large team.

I'm still curious, however, how much damage do good poison characters typically get out of each stack of Deadly Poison? According to Flowcyto's chart, it looks like he was getting 66 out of each on the high end. I recall reading in a very old thread where someone was claiming 90 damage per stack... Though that very well may have just been a number they threw out for the sake of calculation. Even in that case, 900 DPS is hardly enough to call it a damage character.
    Well, ur quoting a parse on a character w/o high-end gear and not using firesnake, so yeah it could def be higher :p

800-900 DPS is actually very good for a singular DoT- mental storm gets about as much for a generalized Ranged build when stacked up, last I checked. In addition, ya can stack DP and refresh it anytime w/ just taping Infernal Blast, so its def possible to have that DoT damage in addition to ur normal rotation in a long fight.

Problem is, building up 10x DP still takes a commitment, and there's not many fights in the game that are protracted enough for me to recommend building around it if ur not Infernal SN and already stacking DP automatically. If ya do want added DoT dmg, Mental Storm is the easier recommendation that only takes 1 power slot and works w/ MSA.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Might be interesting to do a Night Warrior DoT build. Stack Doubt, Leech and Regret for party support and use Infernal Blast as a main attack with Fire Snake. Throw in an AoE - i'm guessing the Infernal-based since that's the most accessible, Conviction, Ego Surge and MD and you have a full build :o
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    compassion would buffs all types of damage to a lessor degree i think Manipulator does as well

Nope, it's typed.