test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

coPvP had to go private again

xavori1xavori1 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Hero Games
It made me sad to set it back to private, but munchkins just can't behave themselves.

And I'm not talking trash talk or normal level insults. I'm all for trash talk and I lurve your mom jokes.

But when you cross into nothing but pure vulgarity and extreme offensiveness, you have to go.

And alas, just muting doesn't work as it's easy peasy to bypass.

So anyway, if you're not in the channel already, and want in, send tells to people who are in who can ask for ya, or if I'm online you can send me tells, or if Pants (@pantagruel) is online since he's back too.
Post edited by xavori1 on

Comments

• Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah it's too bad that we can't simply mute the people who spam the channel with blatant junk posting.

Although I must say that I've seen a lot of people joining up for PvP recently, yesterday was a blast even if jewel managed to beat me by 1 or 2 kills every time in bash somehow. :D
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah it's too bad that we can't simply mute the people who spam the channel with blatant junk posting.
    Well, we can, but if they quit and rejoin the channel the muting goes away.

I'd be perfectly happy to promote some extra people to be able to invite, particularly for different time zones, if names can be suggested.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Although I must say that I've seen a lot of people joining up for PvP recently, yesterday was a blast even if jewel managed to beat me by 1 or 2 kills every time in bash somehow. :D

Hell yeah it was. I think I got into it with you and jewel more than anyone else, y'all are everywhere at once.

It seems like some of the more unchill players are slowly getting weeded out. It's pretty nice. I'm not gonna name names, but I'm really not minding a certain player being locked out that literally insults me for no reason every time I open my mouth. Especially considering the fact that I've pretty much never said anything even unfriendly to em besides "You seem to be taking this a bit too seriously".

I've had COPvP hidden for a good bit of time because of this specific player's trash talking. It's nice to be able to use the channel again.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Especially considering the fact that I've pretty much never said anything even unfriendly to em besides "You seem to be taking this a bit too seriously".

The ultimate insult... to people who take the game too seriously o3o
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    was a blast even if jewel managed to beat me by 1 or 2 kills every time in bash somehow. :D

Its a LOVE! o3o
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    haha I was kicked from CO pvp because SOMEONE who I can't name here disagreed with me and thought I was a jerk.

I never once used the channel yet so there was no legit reason. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to correct you, again, because this is twice you've lied about this.

I actually invited you to COPvP, you never accepted. Simple as that.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    its not exactly a lie. because the invite was removed. which is the same as kicking in this case.

stop trying to paint me as the liar in this because it only hurts your case more.

I think the simple solution to this that if you truly want to be in the channel to ask for an invite to accept it, and if you aren't interested then to leave it be. There is no sense in complaining about something that happened (intentional or otherwise) if you aren't even interested in it in the first place.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    its not exactly a lie. because the invite was removed. which is the same as kicking in this case.

stop trying to paint me as the liar in this because it only hurts your case more.

It's not really the same as kicking, Malware just wanted to clear up the people who weren't accepting invites and stuff so to sort it all out. I don't think he did it to look as if he was kicking you.

Also if me and jewel were the faces of PvP people would think it was the start of some extremely odd Hentai. >_>

And with the friends thing I have no idea why, I don't usually send out friend invites as I find it kinda awkward so usually it's when people invite me I accept if I know them or if I don't I don't kinda thing. I don't like my friends list being too flooded though, it's especially annoying when recording a demo file and getting a bunch of messages pop up in the file because of it.
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    I think the simple solution to this that if you truly want to be in the channel to ask for an invite to accept it, and if you aren't interested then to leave it be. There is no sense in complaining about something that happened (intentional or otherwise) if you aren't even interested in it in the first place.

"It's not like I wanted to be in coPvP anyway."

Total tsundere.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And with the friends thing I have no idea why, I don't usually send out friend invites as I find it kinda awkward so usually it's when people invite me I accept if I know them or if I don't I don't kinda thing. I don't like my friends list being too flooded though, it's especially annoying when recording a demo file and getting a bunch of messages pop up in the file because of it.

The pursuit of being friend invited can be the greatest prison you ever put yourself into u3u
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Holy crap. If you don't wanna be in the channel, why do you care? And if you do wanna be in the channel, why be so aggressive to the people in charge of it? That can hardly be helping. Not gonna lie, if I owned the channel and you were acting like that because I invited and you never accepted, so I removed it? I wouldn't invite you. Chill out, dude. Not everything's a personal attack, but it'll become one if you treat it as such.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xavori1 wrote: »
    It made me sad to set it back to private, but munchkins just can't behave themselves.

And I'm not talking trash talk or normal level insults. I'm all for trash talk and I lurve your mom jokes.

But when you cross into nothing but pure vulgarity and extreme offensiveness, you have to go.

And alas, just muting doesn't work as it's easy peasy to bypass.

So anyway, if you're not in the channel already, and want in, send tells to people who are in who can ask for ya, or if I'm online you can send me tells, or if Pants (@pantagruel) is online since he's back too.

Good move Xav. I seen some of that nonsense the other day. One person seems hellbent on ruining it for others. What I seen the said person was making a clone of Hoff for some reason and just going full dumbass in the channel. Why they took a huff with little Hoff is beyond me the dudes harmless ._.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Good move Xav. I seen some of that nonsense the other day. One person seems hellbent on ruining it for others. What I seen the said person was making a clone of Hoff for some reason and just going full dumbass in the channel. Why they took a huff with little Hoff is beyond me the dudes harmless ._.

It doesn't matter what's actually there if the eyes looking at it are actually looking back into their own head.

You know what I mean uwu