test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I left for four months and then I returned!

keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
And everything is the same. :<

No new content added since Fire and Ice, though I did miss Foxbatcon (I'm told it basically added up to a few fetch quests, correct me if I'm wrong.) No new powers or powersets to fool around with, but plenty of new vehicles and a couple of lockboxes! Exactly what I wanted. Except not.

The economy is still FUBAR, prices are still too damn high for C-Store and Q-Store items (300k Q for a vehicle weapon, let alone one that isn't one of the main good ones, is too much to ask for. My heart goes out to the Neverwinter players dealing with the Dragonborn Pack.)

The only things that I actually wanted to see come out recently are the costume design contest sets, but I'm in no hurry to open my wallet to buy them.

And yet I still have a fondness for CO. It's like coming home. Sure, after leaving for four months said home has had plenty of unnecessary additions to it while ignoring the problems with the foundation and plumbing, but those problems aren't about to bring the house down. You might not be able to take a step without stepping on a toy that looks like an overdesigned jet or bike without wheels, but you can stay and eat at this home for free. Even if the meals come with little locked treasure chests that might have delicious ice cream inside (but more than likely have dog poo with a little bow on it inside.)

Shame the landlord keeps taking the money from those who do pay rent and using it to fund the building of Neverwinter Mansion, which will never be as good as other medieval-fantasy themed mansions and estates but the landlord either doesn't realize it or he's trying to save face and prove everybody wrong.

OK, the housing analogy ends now. tl;dr: I want new fun things to do that don't involve overdesigned flying machines or lockboxes.

Now 'scuse me while I try to walk barefoot through the halls without stepping on a Fire Ant or an upright Naginata.
Post edited by keikomyst on

Comments

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, that's why I randomly take breaks too.

It'd probably help a lot if when they do add content (see: the cybermind sections) people didn't bash them or complain that it wasn't enough. We finally got new content, and people were ******** that it was just a few dailies. I dunno about you, but I'd be happy for a few new dailies right about now.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welcome back. You might try waiting to see what the anniversary event holds. Probably nothing until then except King Sellout's lock box.

Sadly, Cryptic really sucks at teaser or sharing plans.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited August 2014
    I'm hoping we get the destroid event. I'm even more hoping the bugs were squashed.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On the bright side I think vehicles are finally starting to get oversaturated. The writing's on the wall when you can get a decent ride for only 500G. They're going to have to shake things up soon.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well our dreams of getting any kind of power updates disappeared when Crush left. :< Even if the apparent new guys would want to make changes to powers or add powers they don't really know enough about the game, they probably know about as much as an avid MMO player trying CO for the first time.

There is still some stuff they actually were working on however I'd expect atleast for the summer North will be helping out on NW to get it all ready for xbox one with their 4th big campaign update and stuff like the new dragon race pack they made over there recently.

But yeah don't expect any big changes other than ones that take months to do, if there is going to be a big change coming it wont come within 4 months most likely it'll take about 6 months minimum knowing previous updates from when you find out about the update planned to when it's actually released. <_<
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well our dreams of getting any kind of power updates disappeared when Crush left. :< Even if the apparent new guys would want to make changes to powers or add powers they don't really know enough about the game, they probably know about as much as an avid MMO player trying CO for the first time.

I don't understand this point since Crush had to be taught as well. It's not like a new guy can't be trained how to do powers. So why the doom and gloom here like Crush was the only powers guy ever (when we had two others before him :tongue:)
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't understand this point since Crush had to be taught as well. It's not like a new guy can't be trained how to do powers. So why the doom and gloom here like Crush was the only powers guy ever (when we had two others before him :tongue:)

Well currently it seems that the new guys they had are not currently working on CO, as I said they are most likely helping with NW right now however I don't know if PWE will think it profitable to do power work in CO. The thing is unless the powers start to be a thing you can buy with questionite or zen as a set of powers I can't see them wanting to invest too much into it. I know that powers would of course keep things slightly more interesting meaning people stay and most likely pay more to keep their gold sub or keep paying for new costume / aura stuff however it isn't exactly as much efficient as making costumes to release every month or two.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Knowledge transfer requires someone with the knowledge being available and putting in the effort. Whether that can/will happen, or has happened, is speculation. What is not speculation is that it's been a year since the last significant change to powers. That's not doom and gloom, it's just a fact.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Kaiserin
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Look on the bright side, all of your FAVORITE BUGS are still here. Like some Safeguard Catalysts not stacking to themselves, sliding across the ground for using Servitor's Serum, and random server connection drops! :rolleyes:

If there's one thing you can count on CO for, it has to be the consistent amount of mission content that never increases.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ah, welcome back once again! No new contest since F&I rampage and there's many bugs in this game...
    Right now I just took a long break till' they need to have fix that caused it has too many bugged and problems on PvP queue.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welcome back keikomyst :3>

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Cleaned up off topic posts. Keep bickering to private chats please.

Welcome Back Keiko.
    edited August 2014
    Oh thank god. I was gonna say, can we maybe not crap all over Keiko's return post? I'm firmly on one side of that argument, but this isn't really the place for it.

Speaking of which, welcome back! I guess I forgot to say that before :). I'd been wondering where you ran off to.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    one thing that i have to give co, cryptic has put out a "martial arts" themed game and a game with a playable dragon-like race, but co's variety of options means you can actually have more attack variety with a martial artist and more options for a draconic character here than the newer games. its a factor as to why im still here.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    About the argument for "new guys" at Cryptic not knowing about the game. Believe it or not, some of them might actually be playing the game through. Lets see what comes of that if anything.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People keep saying Welcome Back.... but the OP doesn't sound like they'll be staying.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welcome back Bow-Mistress!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mudkipz.

That is all.

Oh and welcome back.