test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'd like your thoughts on this...

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
The ability to GIFT Costume sets (from C-Store) to other players?

I think it would be a nice feature to have, so players could potentially buy multiple copies of the same costume set and then gift them to other players via costume contest prizes, community events or just as a gift.

I'd imagine these extra copies would cost perhaps the same or slightly less than the original price for the costume set.

They could be items which can be traded like: [Your Gift Copy of Holoforce Armor!]

OR

They could be codes which you send to another account which auto unlocks it for them or something...

This is a discussion forum and I thought it'd be a nice idea, so please discuss.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like to see this.
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think that'd be an awesome thing to have--especially since many of us are unable to pay for every set or the means to win some by chance.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is an awesome idea! /signed
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Already made a thread on this months ago which didnt have many looks on it in the suggestions part on the forums.

But, since it here it might get more views i suppose.

/Signed. :biggrin:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No one looks at the suggestion forum.

But yeah, other companies already figured out that people like to gift things to others, so it's long over due to have this. Just think of the money this will generate, Cryptic. How can you say "no" to people spending more money?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, there were few suggestion posts about C-Store account unlocks being giftable, not only costumes.

Imagine all cash store unlocks and services were sold as unbound boxes giving said unlock when opened.

From the seller viewpoint it makes no real difference who's using the unlock as long as Zen were spent on it.

And not only costumes can be sold that way.

Slots, retrains, pretty much everything.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can see this being a good idea for CC prizes.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. yes , it's a great idea. I would love to be able to get costume sets as presents.

BUT

2. scammers love this sort of thing. Once zen stopped being giftable we stopped getting the scammers selling zen codes.

Unless it is token form, so people can see straight away that you have it, there is a good chance that someone will try the
    "you give me the money and I'll give you the code."
    "you give me half the money first then I give you the code."
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    /signed!!

I'd like to see that!! :biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, there were few suggestion posts about C-Store account unlocks being giftable, not only costumes.

Imagine all cash store unlocks and services were sold as unbound boxes giving said unlock when opened.

From the seller viewpoint it makes no real difference who's using the unlock as long as Zen were spent on it.

And not only costumes can be sold that way.

Slots, retrains, pretty much everything.

Heck, they could arguably do this for subscriptions too, I would guess, if they put effort into it.

Just imagine, logging on one day, to suddenly find you've been granted a couple extra months gametime... or even an LTS...
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2014

vote yes!

I fully support this, and it might just be a decent bit of revenue for Cryptic.

(then again, the cynic in me has to point out that there have been other monetary opportunities such as SG bases, hideout upgrades, reducing the price of certain consumables in the C-Store so they sell better, a friend referral bonus incentive program, and many more examples, yet they've been completely ignored by developer management staff)

chaelk wrote: »
    1. yes , it's a great idea. I would love to be able to get costume sets as presents.

BUT

2. scammers love this sort of thing. Once zen stopped being giftable we stopped getting the scammers selling zen codes.

Unless it is token form, so people can see straight away that you have it, there is a good chance that someone will try the
    "you give me the money and I'll give you the code."
    "you give me half the money first then I give you the code."

Some good words of caution. Thanks for adding that Chaelk. Token format is definitely the safer way to go, and it could even be posted to the auction house, which would help drive the economy with something that isn't just cosmic key sales.

And even if it's in the token form people might still try to scam for it. That said, it's really easy to make these costumes as tradeable tokens. The coding is a lot of copy & paste and all that's really needed is a small art icon for image for each costume set to be traded that visually describes what the costume is.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I don't even need to read the rest of the post. It's a thing at least some players would use and it would get Cryptic money.

I support! s( O 3 O)=b
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    /Signed

I wholeheartedly support this!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People would use this like crazy.
    I would, for certain--could be a high-end prize in a CC.

/signed

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Point: I'm not even sure the game is big enough at this point for scammers. I haven't heard about one in months, barring people who call veteran players a scammer for not selling an item dirt cheap.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Half Bump. Half Response.

BUMP!

I'd like this as a feature in CO. It'd be another reason to buy zen for CO specifically.

Besides.

Who doesn't like a good event or giveaway?

Glad to see others agree :wink:
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    /Signed with the force of a thousand suns! Just think of what it would do for Costume Contests. :biggrin:

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I think it would be a nice feature to have, so players could potentially buy multiple copies of the same costume set and then gift them to other players via costume contest prizes, community events or just as a gift.

I'd imagine these extra copies would cost perhaps the same or slightly less than the original price for the costume set.

They could be items which can be traded like: [Your Gift Copy of Holoforce Armor!]

OR

They could be codes which you send to another account which auto unlocks it for them or something...

This is a discussion forum and I thought it'd be a nice idea, so please discuss.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a solid idea to me.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!