test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Archetypes from Gold to Silver...

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
I'm considering making a Marksman Archetype, and am currently Gold status. I'll be falling back to Silver in a couple months, but will likely get Gold again at some point afterwards, after which I'll lapse back to Silver. Is it possible to switch a Marksman back and forth between Gold and Silver like that to play it the whole time, or do they still have the Retrain Token extortion garbage in place?
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Gold Marksman to Silver Marksman to Gold Marksman = no token.

Gold anything other than Marksman to Silver Marksman and vice versa = token required.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    unless they fixed it, that's the one which runs into a problem.
    I'd advise checking with customer support on that, since it is usually.

First change from gold to silver or vise versa is free. After that you pay.

there's also something about changing an at from gold to silver, which was stupid but I don't know if they fixed that.

again check first.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    unless they fixed it, that's the one which runs into a problem.
    I'd advise checking with customer support on that, since it is usually.

First change from gold to silver or vise versa is free. After that you pay.

there's also something about changing an at from gold to silver, which was stupid but I don't know if they fixed that.

again check first.
    In my experience, so long as it's created as an AT and never changes AT, you can swap back and forth freely between Gold and Silver. Just don't delete a toon unless you own enough slots that you can keep everyone - the system will let you convert more Gold toons to Silver than you have character slots available as Silver, and if you delete one, the "extra" character slot will vanish.

That is to say, if you own, say, five slots other than the ones granted by your Gold status (for a total of 11 slots while you're subbed), then you can have five Silver characters, and deleting and replacing them works as normal. However, it's technically possible to convert all 11 toons to Silver; at this point, if you delete a toon, its slot will vanish, until you're down to five. (I learned this one the hard way...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!