test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Valentine's Day theme

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Power Discussion
So, some of my friends and I are wanting to make characters based off of different holidays, and I'm going for Valentine's Day.

Problem is, I have no friggin' clue where to go with that. I'd guess archery, due to the whole Cupid thing? But it seems absolutely impossible to base an entire build around archery, from what I'm getting. :( I hate coming to the forums with such an asinine problem, but I've been wracking my brain for the past week or so trying to come up with a build that fits the theme without being terrible and boring, and it's become extremely frustrating.

I'm not even looking for a full-blown build, I just need DIRECTION. "Archery" is hardly enough of a guiding principle. Damage? Support? Would rather not go for tanking as that's already been filled in this group. I'm just terribly lost. What in the blazes fits a Valentine's Day theme?

The only basic ideas I've thought of so far are basic support alongside Archery (those two do not mesh well, they cover completely different things), and a "love is blind" approach combining Archery with a bunch of stealth and perception related powers. (On that subject, does Arctic Beast still reduce enemy perception?) At present, I have a combination of all three, with Taser Arrow acting as a catalyst for a ton of Specialization-driven debuffs on a single target.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers:
Level 1: Strafe
Level 1: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
Level 6: Taser Arrow
Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Compassion
Level 14: Arcane Vitality (Impart Freedom)
Level 17: Smoke Grenade (Rank 2, Escape Artist)
Level 20: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Mindful Reinforcement (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Arctic Beast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Storm of Arrows (Rank 2, Achilles' Heel)
Level 32: Redemption (Salvation)
Level 35: Rebirth
Level 38: Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Pack (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Ninja Vanish

Specializations:
Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (1/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (1/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Overseer: Administer (3/3)
Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
Overseer: Impact (2/2)
Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

I just don't know where to go with this entire thing. The goal is general PvE, so it doesn't have huge requirements. I'm just-... Lost. :(
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You know, if I got that theme, I'd consider it the perfect opportunity to make a (mockery of the) standard too-dark-for-thou succubus type character. Because obviously this one got redeemed by the power of true love! ...or something?

Support, probably, maybe AoED with a mix of martial arts and shadow attacks? Void shift for guaranteed fear, whatever martial arts powers let you add dimensional damage, life drain with vampiric sympathy... Sounds like a decent basis for a character to me.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One way to keep the archery theme present and make it a bit stronger single-target is to use R3 Straight Shot as the setup for Preemptive strikes in Avenger, then pair it w/ a heavier ranged attack from a diff set (TKL, Chest beam- carebear stare-, Cave In, ER, Defile, Fireball & Rimefire, Gigabolt, Typhoon, FC/Detonation).

Would prob keep Radiant sigils and the radiant summon in there too, just cause they seem fitting. Would also have a stun like Sonic Device avail. Int PSS if using AoPM and playing as a hybrid (Quarry, NW, or AoED for more dps; AoRP and/or more Pres-focus for Support).

Fire could also work as a sub-theme, but problem is Archery and Fire have the same strengths (AoE, where Fire's single-target isn't bad- just energy-heavy).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!