test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Support Drones offense mode?

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Power Discussion
Does anyone ever put their Support Drones in offense mode? The damage resistance debuff they throw out sounds very low, and there's so much downtime on it... The damage seems extremely low, too. The pushback seems potentially useful, but how often do they actually utilize it?
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They use both abilities about every 15 sec, iirc, and the repel beams only if they are w/in about 25ft of their target (it does up their dps slightly, but it can also get in the way of melee users). Since their base dmg is low I wouldn't really use attack mode since support mode offers background healing that only one other pet can manage (the 3-6% debuff can be okay, but takes ranking them up fully, and its not 100% uptime).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll swap mine to offense as situations dictate. It might not be a huge boost, but every little bit helps. I'd rather swap em back to heals and toss out a bionic real quick, doesn't really drop my dps to do, and it's easily made up for by their random attacking.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Those repulsor beams can be very annoying for a melee build in PvP.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I always use them when I do smashes. Simply because there's no reason to have the extra healing, and basically all the reason to have extra DPS in that situation.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))