test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is the most important thread I've ever posted. XP buff bug.

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
Guys, whatever you do. If you have double xp going, or xp boosts? DO NOT use "change character" to afk for any reason. Apparently the fix they used to make that happen technically leaves you on with the character you were using last. Not in name, but it seems to be tracking it on the back end, and timers are still happening on some things. I've been paying attention, and last night I used about 2 hours of my xp boost plus and favor of the champion bonuses while actually online, with MicroChimp. Blew the last of my double XP, as well. I had 3 going, but I was "logged out" and in vent. Oddly, it doesn't seem to track the alert xp buff (that I can see, but I'll test that later) and instead only affects devices.

I'll save commentary, this has to have been an oversight that nobody could have seen coming. I'd prefer it if we can keep this thread to real data confirming or denying this, and pointing out if it's happened to you. But I've seen it happen, and I have anecdotal evidence that it's the case. Until we know for sure? If you're gonna afk, just log out. Double xp doesn't come often.

I'd put it in the bug forum, but I feel like here is a better place. I'd rather warn you, the player, and hope a dev sees it.

Please keep this civil. If I'm right (and I'm pretty sure I am) this is too important to get locked.
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well that wouldxplain why mine went from 1 1/2hrs dbl xp to 1 hr while I played hunt the word file. Leaving my character at change character.
    I know it was 1 1/2 hrs left in the morning but when I got to do missions, i only had 1 hr left.
    Half an hour was hunting for a word file.(takes a while to hunt through 200 rp by email documents)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So wait, using Change Character and staying logged in keeps your buff timers to continually reduce? Like how loading screens does?

I'm all for getting this fixed for sure to freeze all timers when not in an active screen.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yikes, thanks for the heads-up! You definitely saved me some time on the precious DXP buff.
  • Options
    finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Doh... after fixing it maybe they can give us another double xp weekend so I can refresh some of my characters. -_-

Maybe with 8 hour XP buffs this time :D
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I cannot confirm this bug.

None of my timers keep ticking--double XP buff included,

Seems like a one time thing.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think you can go to change character, wait awhile, then log back in on the same character and you will have the custom channel chats show up from the time you logged out.

If you're gold and have a compatible chat client I think you will see that character as still logged into the chat rooms of its custom channels.

At least I think I could right after they added the change character option.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am gold, and I have never seen a problem with buff timers while on character choosing screen. Simple as that.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    doing a test with smurfer dudette.
    logged in and screenshotted timer. put her on change character.
    test1_zps1892429e.png
    now to do some Word editing.
    test2_zps7a16f23b.png
    not doing it currently.

time difference, was logging on and off time, 30 seconds. time on character select, 5 minutes.
    might be lucky and it was a one off glitch because the other one, I did remember how much time I had left and I lost half an hour.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!