test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So i leapt into the time machine and...

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
So today i was playing Bat'Astrophe my urban-myth bat-creature (or is it an alien or a demon or a robot? Don't believe what the Muckraking Tabloid Journalist prints!) doing the Stitch In Time Alert and something i sometimes like to do, which i started when playing Radioactive Cosmonaut is to run into the portal before someone triggers the cutscene, do a costume change and make a witty remark about having changed history.

Only this time.. this time something different happened, i hit jump and leapt into the portal instead of running in. Bat'Astrophe leapt into the time portal and.. went THROUGH IT!

Loading back in through the buildings entrance just before the cinematic!

Bug or cool easter egg?
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd say bug. When the time portal is opening and closing, different objects are being spawned in and out (like, say, the lights, and the swirly effect in front of the portal). It's quite possible that those components have some collision aspects, so when these spawn in, there's a slim chance that their appearance might force you into an inescapable location, causing you to be respawned at the nearest legal spawn point - in this case, outside the lab.

I've had this sort of stuff happen to me before. Back in the day, if you stood on the rising table in the Moon Base incorrectly, you'd get teleported back to the entrance. Same thing happens if you try and run out of the elevator in the Penthouse hideout too quickly using Acrobatics; you get repeatedly teleported back to the entrance point due to running into the doors too fast.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes, if you try and go through the door while it is open, not the doorway. it flicks you back, also if you haven't let it open properly before trying to go through the doorway.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    penthouse elevator does it too, if you've got a travel power active and touch the doors while they open. I've spent a minute or 2 getting chain-teleported before remembering to turn off my travel power.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine