test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hover disc mount in NW

colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
This looks like it's taken from CO somehow, doesn't it? I remember when i played CO, one of the alerts gave me a similar device it wasn't permanent as far as i remember, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIBnG_d6dU
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wonder if it obeys the 3ft rule from the PnP.

that would be a nasty surprise for a few people
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    Tenser's spells are DnD canon, this one mount actually makes more sense than other "extra" mounts.

Using already existing tech is quite obvious, as well.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There was the ceremonial mask of Lliria, too. Artwork more or less directly ported over to NW from CO.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/File:Ceremonial_Mask_of_Lliira.jpg

And our Enhancement system was apparently adopted from an early draft of the Alpha version of the NW Enchantment system.

Now if we could only get the mount system ported over to have some vehicles we could actually ride instead of become.

And port over their professions so we can actually make gear again.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And port over their professions so we can actually make gear again.

STO is getting NWO's crafting system and the forums* are none too happy about it.

As long as rep grinds and quasi endgame treadmills didn't come with it I wouldn't mind seeing useful crafting in CO.

*forums being only representative of the vocal minority, keep that in consideration
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    STO is getting NWO's crafting system and the forums* are none too happy about it.
    They're being a tad shortsighted about it, IMO - the current STO crafting system suffers from the same problem ours did, in that by the time you can craft anything useful, you've already randomly picked up something even more useful. It would be hard to imagine making the system any worse; I haven't bothered with it since my main was a lieutenant. (I have several admirals now.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Doesn't look like the same assets. Character pose is different, geometry is different, and animation is different (ours just sits still, doesn't wobble).

Also, it's not just from the alerts, it's a regular flight power.
    biffsig.jpg
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Doesn't look like the same assets. Character pose is different, geometry is different, and animation is different (ours just sits still, doesn't wobble).

Also, it's not just from the alerts, it's a regular flight power.

Correct. We could use those animations though.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This looks like it's taken from CO somehow, doesn't it? I remember when i played CO, one of the alerts gave me a similar device it wasn't permanent as far as i remember, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIBnG_d6dU

Would not suprise me if they did they already stole our juggling U__U
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    They're being a tad shortsighted about it, IMO - the current STO crafting system suffers from the same problem ours did, in that by the time you can craft anything useful, you've already randomly picked up something even more useful. It would be hard to imagine making the system any worse; I haven't bothered with it since my main was a lieutenant. (I have several admirals now.)

Wait, there's crafting in STO? :biggrin:

(I kid, I kid.)
  • dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow Cryptic! We've been asking for a hoverdisc skin like this since CO Beta, and Neverwinter gets it first. I'm deeply saddened by this development.
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
    edited June 2014
    We have the Hover Disc Flight power. What's special about the skin in Nevergonnaplaythatagain?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We have the Hover Disc Flight power. What's special about the skin in Nevergonnaplaythatagain?

It glows? I guess? I dunno.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Uhh, the Neverwinter crafting system isn't any better. You will far out level anything you can craft. This is why crafting systems in modern MMOs are dead because anything you could craft you far outstripped ages ago and by the time you catch up, you're already better geared. Furthermore, they would have to re-itemize champions again if they tried to put in a more advanced crafting system.

As far as the whole rep system I actually like that. It takes work and effort to do, something even a hero should have to do. This instant recognition crap makes very little sense from a bunch of C list heroes right now.

That being said, holy hell the conspiracy theories are thick tonight.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What's special about the skin in Nevergonnaplaythatagain?

It looks like it is made of energy rather than metal.

---

P.S. I wasn't aware, that the hoverdisc is an actual travelpower, nowadays.
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Uhh, the Neverwinter crafting system isn't any better. You will far out level anything you can craft. This is why crafting systems in modern MMOs are dead because anything you could craft you far outstripped ages ago and by the time you catch up, you're already better geared. Furthermore, they would have to re-itemize champions again if they tried to put in a more advanced crafting system.

As far as the whole rep system I actually like that. It takes work and effort to do, something even a hero should have to do. This instant recognition crap makes very little sense from a bunch of C list heroes right now.

That being said, holy hell the conspiracy theories are thick tonight.

If there was one thing ESO did right, it's crafting. Pity about the rest of the game though.
    edited June 2014

It doesn't look like this hoverdisc01.gif

What we have looks more like a device than a power, which limits its desirability in many hero concepts. While an energy type disc is seen quite a bit in comic books (Invisible Woman, Static Shock, Gwen from Ben 10, an so on). There's been so many suggestions asking for it since day 1. So I could never understand why Cryptic wouldn't give us something so simple (just a glowing transparent disc) that anyone could make with any 3D program in a few minutes.
    edited June 2014
    Heck we asked for it even in CoH. I even featured it in a CoH video to to show it could be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52aT9jJimb4.
    edited June 2014
    Uhh, the Neverwinter crafting system isn't any better. You will far out level anything you can craft. This is why crafting systems in modern MMOs are dead because anything you could craft you far outstripped ages ago and by the time you catch up, you're already better geared.

I don't recall that being the case with our old crafting. I remember making some useful stuff, especially with the modularity of the system.

Wildstar's crafting, for me so far, has kept up with my levels quite nicely, and I even craft stuff for upcoming levels. Bearing in mind that I've made no gathering runs, and despite the bot-farming hell the game went through in the past weeks, I don't think crafting is quite dead. It's very similar to WoW crafting with a few fun (and sometimes aggravating) gimmicks thrown in.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2014
    I don't recall that being the case with our old crafting. I remember making some useful stuff, especially with the modularity of the system.

Wildstar's crafting, for me so far, has kept up with my levels quite nicely, and I even craft stuff for upcoming levels. Bearing in mind that I've made no gathering runs, and despite the bot-farming hell the game went through in the past weeks, I don't think crafting is quite dead. It's very similar to WoW crafting with a few fun (and sometimes aggravating) gimmicks thrown in.

I kept up with my crafting in Champs quite easily, the quest rewards always outstripped the craftables, same in WildStar. You can make due with but you will always be able to find something much better. And once you hit that end game, unless you totally ignore it, you wont' be able to keep up with the dungeon loot.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    P.S. I wasn't aware, that the hoverdisc is an actual travelpower, nowadays.

Not so much, "nowadays," as since launch.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited June 2014
    Tenser's Floating Disc has been one of those staple things in DnD for a long time. It could be as a mount or just carry junk if you were over burdened.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    I never heard of anyone using Tenser's Floating Disc as a mount - but when we were being chased and came to a stairwell, it made a neat improvised trap. (Cantrip: Grease on the top three stairs, then, as the pursuers approached, Tenser's Floating Disc right about shin height. They stumbled, and had no chance to recover before hitting the slick spot...)

edited June 2014
    I kept up with my crafting in Champs quite easily, the quest rewards always outstripped the craftables, same in WildStar. You can make due with but you will always be able to find something much better. And once you hit that end game, unless you totally ignore it, you wont' be able to keep up with the dungeon loot.

Always? I think you're exaggerating. It's not until a blue item pops up from killing mobs, I hit a blue from Challenges, or group quest rewards, that I normally replace crafted stuff. That or the quest givers are being more generous to you.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Always? I think you're exaggerating. It's not until a blue item pops up from killing mobs, I hit a blue from Challenges, or group quest rewards, that I normally replace crafted stuff. That or the quest givers are being more generous to you.

The quest loot and the random drops. It wasn't worth the time to wait to craft and item because you out leveled and swapped gear too fast. And yes, what I found and quest rewards were often better than craftables. It was only the bizarrely weird SS builds that they weren't.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    The quest loot and the random drops. It wasn't worth the time to wait to craft and item because you out leveled and swapped gear too fast. And yes, what I found and quest rewards were often better than craftables. It was only the bizarrely weird SS builds that they weren't.

I don't take too much time out to craft, and I often craft ahead of my level to have something to change into once I do level. They've almost always been worth changing into.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2014
    I don't take too much time out to craft, and I often craft ahead of my level to have something to change into once I do level. They've almost always been worth changing into.

I dunno, you have a weird definition of worth changing into I guess :tongue:
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    Overall better stats, weird.

Maybe cloth just sucks.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Overall better stats, weird.

Maybe cloth just sucks.

Well that's the rub because I never ran into crafted gear that had stats better than what I found. One of the rare instances I actually made myself a piece of gear I used was when I made Tae Kwon Leap for my secondary, anything else was for the costume bits.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    Could be that cloth items don't favor whatever build you were using. Playing DPS on heavy/medium, much of the gear favored the red stats.
    biffsig.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'll take non-gear related crafting back in this game. Power visual replacers, costume pieces, permanent devices. Anything that can advance the customization of our characters.
    edited June 2014
    I want crafting back for Secondary gear too. It's ridiculously hard to get Secondaries with the right stats on them right now :/

Make some kinda recipe like Purple Gambler + Purple Con Mod + Some raw material you get from disassembling a buncha other Secondary Offense items = Purple Crit Secondary Offense with Con. And likewise, add an option to disassemble gear for mods >_>
    edited June 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    I want crafting back for Secondary gear too. It's ridiculously hard to get Secondaries with the right stats on them right now :/

Wut? You can't be serious.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    Wut? You can't be serious.

Try looking for a purple Hospitable Eyepiece or Barricade Bracers (was it bracers?)
    edited June 2014
    Try looking for a purple Hospitable Eyepiece or Barricade Bracers (was it bracers?)

Two level 40 hospitable eyepieces, purple, on the AH now, one for 30 global the other for 200 global.

One level 40 Barricade Bracer on the AH for 30 global.

Hell I will do you a solid, give me your global and I will mail these to you, free of charge.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    Two level 40 hospitable eyepieces, purple, on the AH now, one for 30 global the other for 200 global.

One level 40 Barricade Bracer on the AH for 30 global. Hell I will do you a solid, give me your global and I will mail these to you.

:/ I check the AH every day and the time it shows up is the time I can't log on to buy em
    edited June 2014
    :/ I check the AH every day and the time it shows up is the time I can't log on to buy em

I already bought them for you.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    I already bought them for you.

Sure, I'll pick em up in 2-3 hours
    edited June 2014
    Send me a tell then @Silverspar. Hopefully my ISP will be better. It's been acting up all night.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    Thanks :p But that also means the next person looking for those secs is outta luck! Why can't they use crafting as a last resort to get the items they want?
    edited June 2014
    Thanks :p But that also means the next person looking for those secs is outta luck! Why can't they use crafting as a last resort to get the items they want?

Because there are superior secondaries from the Q Store.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    Because there are superior secondaries from the Q Store.

There are? Not for a 100% dodge Con/Dex/Int build I think... Vigi in Sec Off alone is enough to cover HP, the build wouldn't be well served by getting even more HP. Also, Vigi Hastened is bugged and doesn't give CD Redux.

74 Int and the extra CDR is worth more than 338 HP and 88 Con in this case. I get a tighter AO rotation and shorter MD cooldown to cover Spires. And the six mod slots are all freed up for Dex 7s.
    edited June 2014
    There are? Not for a 100% dodge Con/Dex/Int build I think... Vigi in Sec Off alone is enough to cover HP, the build wouldn't be well served by getting even more HP. Also, Vigi Hastened is bugged and doesn't give CD Redux.

74 Int and the extra CDR is worth more than 338 HP and 88 Con in this case. I get a tighter AO rotation and shorter MD cooldown to cover Spires. And the six mod slots are all freed up for Dex 7s.

You can swap your stats out on your primary gear, you know.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited June 2014
    You can swap your stats out on your primary gear, you know.

They're all Dex 7 like I said :x