Options

Contemplated buying Lifetime, but COdevs hate Hero Games :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    skylyger wrote: »
    well biff I thought it was on topic as it all connects to why someone may want to buy into the game or have come to rgret doing so. Personally I think its a disservice to my fellow gamers in this world to not give them as much of a devils advocate for not buying in as a community rep might want to do the opposite.

and hell nepht and I where almost like as tight as bats and sups for a second their;)

Being that the main subject here is the state of PVP and the influence it's had on Ubtri's purchasing decision, I don't think that "this studio is better than that studio" fit the bill. Not to mention that particular topic usually ends up in flames and gets threads closed. In the interest of keeping the thread clean and open, I nipped it in the bud.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    ok which word apart from the four letter one starting with S(which got asterixed anyway), did you amend in mine?

Sorry, didn't see this sooner. The first part of your post concerned the off-topic tangent that I cleaned up from the entire thread. The thread was heading in two directions, and I got rid of everything that mentioned the wayward derailment.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well I came to CO way back in 2009 with the promise that the PvP in CO would be better than any PvP seen in any other MMO. Yeah they said that back then.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is. It just doesn't work.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is. It just doesn't work.

Thinking carefully, it has nice pvp instances. Despite being gold, when I played pvp I enjoyed playing AT pvp more than unrestricted.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well I came to CO way back in 2009 with the promise that the PvP in CO would be better than any PvP seen in any other MMO. Yeah they said that back then.

Would love to see them keep that promise, even if it is 5 years late.
  • Options
    skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, didn't see this sooner. The first part of your post concerned the off-topic tangent that I cleaned up from the entire thread. The thread was heading in two directions, and I got rid of everything that mentioned the wayward derailment.

I do get what you mean Biff and truly it was not my intent to sound so dismissive of Cryptics development skills nor imply that Paragon Studios team was the end all be all.

I am going to try to explain myself and respond not in an effort to cause a flame war nor get this thread closed and hope that at least comes across.

My issue with cryptic is that they do come across as arrogant and I have heard some suggest over the years that is Jacks E.s own personality that is such a dominant force, since word is he was quite the DM back in the day and my own experience in table top gaming is DMs tend to be control freak type personalities myself included that it wouldnt surprise me if the above is quite spot on.

But I dont hate jack, no because he like many of the best DMs knows how to build up a campaign setting. The foundation he layed along with the rest of cryptic in City Of will always be something I admire and am thankful to all of them for. As I am for the foundation they layed here on CO and even though I dont play them I imagine STO and NWO at their core are all well built games.

Yet and I think we can admit that the record here with CO STO and NWO not to mention CoH if we do look back to it, is that they seem to end up taking complaints about aspects of the game so personal that it can create a sense of contempt exist for the players by the Devs after some time, this is where the often commented issue of certain dv posts over the years on the forums very much sounding like attacks on certain portions of the player base.

What I wish in my own dream world would be the unity of the modern cryptic and the now lost paragon studios with cryptic focussing on the foundation laying and paragon working on the continued development after launch. I know crazy dream eh.

I hope that helps to give insight into what I am really meaning any time I do compare Cryptic to Paragon. Cryptic is hands down an amazing game developer they can put out a good base to build up better then nearly any other MMO hence my own ardent eternal support to the city of Paragon. IMO crytpic tends to like to move on to work on the next new thing, I think they are maybe abit adhd and have trouble sticking to one thing but thats ok, nothing wrong with new games, but the landscaper who builds the garden is not always the best one to do the day to day gardening.

Construction vs maintaining and improving over time.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    oobtree wrote: »
    Hello, I'm a PvPer!

Yeah!
    I love Hero Games! The Freeform system inherent to Champions Online is, as far as I know, un-matched.

Yeah! :D
    It's so much fun (!!!) making buildss

YEAH! xD
    and counter-builds

oh ya lost me :|
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    oh ya lost me :|

Way to contribute, there.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2014

They managed to get pretty close to that for me.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.