Just use it from the top :p

cone.jpg

Watch the video here.

And blog explanation here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My favorite part was where the video wasn't available in my country. Do I have to purchase it through your US distributor so it doesn't get pirated?

But yes, cones become more ridiculous from overhead. Sub-Machine Gun and Breath attacks becoming the more fun powers.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I hate flying TPs, though >.> Just another axis/variable to have to micromanage, and the TPs themselves tend to move slower. Its a good guide/tip, but I think I'll pass :X
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My favorite part was where the video wasn't available in my country. Do I have to purchase it through your US distributor so it doesn't get pirated?

But yes, cones become more ridiculous from overhead. Sub-Machine Gun and Breath attacks becoming the more fun powers.

Dammit YouTube D:

Ok that's the last time I'm using a copyrighted song. Song removed.
  • bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've never played with a flying character, so I'm not used to thinking in 3D. For me this idea was new. Way cool.

So the cones are basically:
    • breath attacks (wind, fire, force, ice, telekinetic, darkness, and infernal versions)
    • experimental burst ray (this one is only 30 degrees, though)
    • Skarn's

Anything I'm forgeting? Skarn's seems like the standout there, if you wanted to build around one of them.

The Powerhouse has Throwing Blades as a 50' 120 degree cone. Can that be right? That would be a huge AoE. I'm thinking the old wiki on Wayback has it better: 100' range, but only 10' 120 degree AoE. (That seems like a hard area to visualize.) Too bad--I imagine stealth is underused on flying toons.
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've never played with a flying character, so I'm not used to thinking in 3D. For me this idea was new. Way cool.

So the cones are basically:
    • breath attacks (wind, fire, force, ice, telekinetic, darkness, and infernal versions)
    • experimental burst ray (this one is only 30 degrees, though)
    • Skarn's

Anything I'm forgeting? Skarn's seems like the standout there, if you wanted to build around one of them.

The Powerhouse has Throwing Blades as a 50' 120 degree cone. Can that be right? That would be a huge AoE. I'm thinking the old wiki on Wayback has it better: 100' range, but only 10' 120 degree AoE. (That seems like a hard area to visualize.) Too bad--I imagine stealth is underused on flying toons.

50' 120 degrees should be more accurate but it still has a 5 target cap. Torrent of Arrows, SMG and Fire All Weapons count too.
  • bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    50' 120 degrees should be more accurate but it still has a 5 target cap.

Wow. So that would give it something like an 87' radius "circle of death"? Yee gads.
    Torrent of Arrows, SMG and Fire All Weapons count too.

Heh. Arrow breath and bullet breath, check. And FAW.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also be aware that, depending on patches and what's broken/working, some mobs can do this as well....without the need to fly. Teliosarusus has, from time to time, aimed straight down at a toon with aggro at 0 distance and basically nuked the entire surrounding area. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg