What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LTS on sale - 33% off

13»

Comments

• serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    No, I'm planning on using it to have open freeform slots I can let friends try the game on, and looting its stipend to buy things that don't bind to account;
    That's a novel use for a LTS account I had not considered.
    Good luck with your friend; personally, I found freeform to be a really major game-changer - without it, the game was kinda meh; with it, I can actually have fun playing.
    Definitely I wouldn't enjoy things nearly as much if I could not mix in a few characterful abilities into otherwise reasonable builds. I suspect a lot of my success with him will depend though on if I can point him at how to use the powers frameworks he enjoys. As an example I have no clue how to build a functional power armor character, but he is definitely wanting to make one. I'll have to go trolling through the guides I suppose.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I don't know if it helps but I sent trailturtle a PM about it. Maybe he can let the web administrator know of the link problem.
    Well, it appears that the subscription sale page has been edited sometime today so that all three links to the account subscription page are now pointing to the functional https link. So either they noticed the problem on their own or fixed it in response to an issue report. In either case it is nice it won't be a factor for the remainder of the sale.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Despite some concerns with game balance I can honestly recommend the LTS for anyone who feels that they are likely to use a lot of character slots. Freeform makes this game. FF defines CO to me. As much as the Marksman is very close to my FF Archery build the ability to tweak and fiddle with a character build at such a fundamental level makes any form of subscription worthwhile IMO.

The community.....?

The best I've encountered in any online game. Can some of us slip up from time to time ? Yeah. We have all seen the bickering. It happens. We are human. But we (I hope all of us) see other members of the community hosting contests, volunteering prizes for someone else's contest. Hosting in game events, offering assistance, answering questions, and so on.

Anyone reading this thread who is on the fence about subbing or buying an LTS....its a pretty good game. It has its issues, but you will likely be astounded at just how much fun it can be to build and play FF characters.

For those who regret their LTS purchase...sorry to hear it, but then again nothing will appeal to everyone.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.