test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can this thing actually work?

leadersleaders Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Builds and Roles
Hello there Champions forums earlier today me and some SG friends were just talking about crazy concepts and builds nothing serious just bsing around to see what could be made for ghits and shiggles and came up with all sorts of things this kind of build was one of them so i thought I would bring it to the forum and if it could actually function in the game. I'd appreciate and input on if it can work or if not

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Devastator
Level 6: Physical Conditioning
Level 9: Body and Mind
Level 12: Healthy Mind
Level 15: Martial Focus
Level 18: Coordinated
Level 21: Acrobat

Powers:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt
Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
Level 6: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Vile Lariat (Rank 2, Kyoketsu Shoge)
Level 11: Vicious Cyclone (Rank 2, Vortex Technique)
Level 14: Lifedrain (Vampiric Sympathy)
Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 20: Aspect of the Bestial
Level 23: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Night Warrior (Silent Running)
Level 35: Void Horror (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Summon Shadows

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Shadow Wings (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Ooze Tunneling (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Strength: Swole (3/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
Strength: Overpower (1/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
Warden: Slaughter (1/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Elusive (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)
Post edited by leaders on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,829 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I assume the unranked NW is just for the stealth functionality when using the build changer.

Build looks pretty good- assuming you wanted to mix in some chain and shadow spells for flair. I'd prob drop the Void Horror and its 10% energy penalty for a fear-ing spell, like Void Shift w/ adv (which also procs MSA). I'd also get Lifedrain to rank2 if you wanted it as a combo self/ally heal (and Fear is needed to get the most out of the AoE heal portion).

Also, you took Offensive Expertise, but I don't see an Active Offense in that build. Could take Mass Destruction instead, if ya aren't adding an AO.

The build would have an easy time staying alive in most cases w/ Regen and have strong single-target dps, but its AoE would be a bit weak until/unless UR was up.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think you have enough powers that will proc MSA and your build is probably going to short on energy. Shred is the only power you have that can proc Aspect of the Bestial (knocks do not proc AotB). The build could also use a block and a real heal instead of Lifedrain.

If you want to keep the Darkness powers, I would suggest using Spirit Reverberation and probably switch to Form of the Tempest and DEX as SS. You can use Howl to gain a stack of Enrage so Shred keeps its high percentage bleed procs plus it Fears the enemy for your unlock.

Lack of energy is the biggest cause of lost DPS.
    edited June 2014
    Kyoketsu Shoge allows Vile Lariat to stack AotB, and it also procs MSA. Vortex Cyclone won't add a stack to AotB, but will refresh Enrage. If he added Void Shift w/ adv he'd have an easy Fear + MSA proc as well. Other option is adding Aggressor for some quick enrage stacks and to make use of Offensive Expertise. Shadows are also a cd power that can work w/ MSA.

He could just take Enrage over AotB so Cyclone can stack the toggle, but then I'd take Massacre over Reaper's Embrace and maybe switch the EU to Supernatural Power. That's changing up how the build looks and plays, though- as ur main attack then is Massacre and not Shred w/ the occasional rupture.

Other option is taking FotS so ruptures also work w/ the toggle, but again that involves changing up the build a bit- mostly stat-wise, but also in dropping UR and prob doing something different (like SMG Burst w/ adv) for AoE. Ultimately its up to the player if they want to change the play-style.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • leadersleaders Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That's what I thought I wanted to change somethings myself like removing the night warrior, void horror going for mass destruction, and switching a few things up, But I decided to keep what the hive mind put together out the spirit of it of the post, but I will be sure relay it back it thank you for your input I hope to comeback with something more functional
    edited June 2014
    I thought about adding ebon void to it but was out voted though during the creation process, but I am getting inspired to make a build for myself thank you for your reply much appreciated
    edited June 2014
    Alright back again from the hive mind I want to thank both Flowcyto and Monsterdaddy for their input. We looked back at what we came up and took some of the sage like advice given ( sage like compared to our level at least ) and I think we came up with something better the powers might needed to be picked in an different order but hopefully this should be much better than what was posted as we tried to make up for any earlier shortcomings any feedback would be nice

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Devastator
    Level 6: Physical Conditioning
    Level 9: Body and Mind
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Martial Focus
    Level 18: Coordinated
    Level 21: Acrobat

Powers:
    Level 1: Shadow Bolt
    Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
    Level 6: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Venomous Breath (Rank 2, Rank 3, Paralytic Bile)
    Level 11: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
    Level 14: Vicious Cyclone (Rank 2, Vortex Technique, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 17: Aspect of the Bestial (Giant Growth)
    Level 20: Supernatural Power
    Level 23: Ebon Ruin (Nyctophobia)
    Level 26: Summon Shadows
    Level 29: Vile Lariat (Rank 2, Kyoketsu Shoge)
    Level 32: Iron Lariat (Kyoketsu Shoge)
    Level 35: Massacre (Rank 2, Blood Mess)
    Level 38: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Shadow Wings (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Inky Ooze Tunneling

Specializations:
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
    Strength: Overpower (1/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (1/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)
    edited June 2014
    I meant to replace iron lariat and add ebon void, but must have forgotten while chatting my mistake hopefully this version of the build will still be usable
    edited June 2014
    Ya can edit the post w/ ur intended changes if ya want.

One thing I'd prob do now, since ur using SP EU, is sub out Venom Breath for Frenzy. You already have Cyclone w/ Vortex- so having another large reach ranged AoE is kinda redundant. But w/ Vortex Cyclone ya could rope enemies in to clump em up for Frenzy's cone AoE (or UR, if its up)- may take a bit of re-positioning, but it could work. Ofc, Frenzy isn't necessary either, but it gives ya more options in AoE.

W/o MSA and w/ a lunge, ya dun really need a lariat spell- unless its for looks. I guess they have use as a way to bleed from ranged, so ya can keep Vila Lariat if ya want- else Shred will be ur bleed when close range.

Ebon Ruin would be best w/ the Paranormal adv- it'll debuff to raise all paranormal dmg, and this will boost the shadows when they attack that target. You only need to tap it every 12 sec or so for that debuff, though, so I wouldn't put normal ranks in it if ya have points to spend elsewhere.

There's 2 main ways ya can tackle ur single-target rotation now, which one you chose will change the toggle you want to use:

1. Put up Shredded w/ Shred, spam Massacre. For this Massacre becomes ur main move, and then you want Enrage as the toggle, not AotB.

2. Use Setup in the Brawler tree and do a basic Shred combo -> charged Massacre rotation. For this either Enrage or AotB could work, but you'd want Brawler for Setup, as any Shred combo will boost ur next Massacre by 20%.

For both you want to summon the Shadows when they fade (or right before combat/pull) and put up Ebon Ruin's debuff for them.

Either option above is very good, so it kinda just comes down to play-style prefs.

One good spell to consider is DE or Resurgence. They'd be more used for healing/extra defenses, since right now ya only have Regen and Ebon Void. Ya can replace the lariat spell, frenzy/venom breath, or ebon void + shadows for them. You may not need the extra defenses if you pack healing items as backup and/or just don't plan on tackling very hard content, but its all up to you.

Lastly, for max dps I'd consider Dex SS over Int SS, since ya dropped MSA. For energy, ya can gear some Recovery on the side, as SP EU scales w/ Rec. I'd get at least one mod's worth of Rec by lvl 40 (Rec mods are pretty cheap too, can prob easily afford a high-rank one), but ya shouldn't need much more Rec by lvl 40 (when leveling, ya prob would).
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the feedback flowctyo it will surely go towards improving the build
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Using Brawler specs on a Regen build is kinda risky since you lose a lot of defense (for a helluva lotta offense of course). If you do want Brawler then Laser Knight is a must but that may not fit your theme.

Forgot Kyoketsu was a bleed. Good to know. BTW, Aggressor will not stack Enrage on AotB form, neither does Frenzy. Bugs IMHO that should be fixed.
    edited June 2014
    BTW, Aggressor will not stack Enrage on AotB form, neither does Frenzy. Bugs IMHO that should be fixed.

Yeah I think I noticed that w/ Frenzy when leveling my Savage. Quite poopy bugs, those are.