Install Arc
Options

Energy Unlock for Ice

tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Suggestions Box
Thermal Pump:

Ice - Tier 1

Innate Passive - Secondary Energy Unlock

You drain the thermal energy from your foes; weakening them to power your own attacks.

Effects:

Does not need to be slotted in order to function, and has no Ranks.

Generates energy from nearby enemies affected by Chill.

You may only harvest energy by this power once every three seconds.

The amount of Energy gained scales with your Endurance statistic,
and is also affected by your Recovery statistic.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by tdits on

Comments

• Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    a better solution would be to make the existing thermal reverberation trigger from chill or clinging flames. also easier to implement.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    now THAT's a great idea. thermal does refer to hot OR cold after all.

That's true. But you'd have to change the name of the buff from Feed on Flames to something else.

It's still a better idea though. Why bother making an exact duplicate for Ice when thematically it should already work with Chill.

And yeah, Thermal Reverb does have the 3 seconds thing. The only ones that don't are Supernatural Power and the energy over time ones like MSA & Overdrive. Those only give energy every three seconds as well, but you can refresh them whenever.

With Thermal Reverb & co. it's not a three second cooldown so much as that the server divides time into three second chunks and it can only proc once in each chunk, so you can occasionally get back to back procs. I think, but don't hold me to this, that Accelerated Metabolism also works this way even though it gives a much lower energy bonus that, as far as I know, doesn't really scale with anything.

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yeah AM has an internal long 10-12-ish sec cd on procs, and lag can cause double-procs.

I'd back making TR work w/ Chill. We dun need another EU titled w/ 'Reverberation' anyways, so let's go w/.. uh, Climatization?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    yeah AM has an internal long 10-12-ish sec cd on procs, and lag can cause double-procs.

I'd back making TR work w/ Chill. We dun need another EU titled w/ 'Reverberation' anyways, so let's go w/.. uh, Climatization?

Ten to twelve seconds? Egads! That's horrible. It should go down to three seconds.