test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Replacer Auras

novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Posts: 65 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Suggestions Box
This suggestion will be relatively simple. I would like there to be an addition to the Aura system covering power replacers. These "power replacer auras" would function like the old power replacers did, effects-wise, but through the more recent aura system.

Players would be given an initial set of power replacer aura slots, allowing them to choose several of each of their characters' powers to apply the effects to. Each slot would have a dropdown menu, allowing a player to choose which applicable power that a character has access to will be tied to the power replacer aura slot.

Like the existing aura system, additional slots beyond the initial set for a character can be unlocked. The limit would ideally be the maximum number of powers that a character can get access to, allowing for use with variations in max-leveled builds. In the event that there is ever a level cap increase, the power replacer aura slot limit would be increased to match the new maximum amount of powers.

The effects to be used in power replacer aura slots would initially be pulled from the old (now defunct) power replacer items. Any weapon skin changes from the old items would not be applied; only the effects. New power replacers could also be developed, once the system is in place.

This system would allow for such things as energy pistol wielding gunslingers, or elementalists who can conjure up fiery tornados, to name just a couple of possibilities. You could even make popcorn guns using the old Qularr Pistol effects with Foxbat's Ping Pong Gun skin.

Addendum: It might be possible to toggle a power replacer aura to affect either all related powers (such as single blades), or only an individual power. I feel that this would both allow for greater customization possibilities, as well as allow players to apply a power replacer aura globally to related powers without having to buy the same aura multiple times for each power.
Post edited by novapolaris#2925 on

Comments

• Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes. And since it'd be way longer and complex to develop it'd only be fair if they were more expensive. I have no doubt that these would sell like crazy.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Brilliant. Though I suspect a slightly simpler system where power replacers affect all powers from a speciffic list would be easier to implement. After all, that's what the old replacers did, so it's already coded.

Then again, CO's code is supposedly such a mess, maybe creating a new system from scratch is better...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    thearkady wrote: »
    Brilliant. Though I suspect a slightly simpler system where power replacers affect all powers from a speciffic list would be easier to implement. After all, that's what the old replacers did, so it's already coded.

Then again, CO's code is supposedly such a mess, maybe creating a new system from scratch is better...

You know, I like that. It's something that I'd like, as well. Adding an addendum to my original post.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,596 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not an aura, but a tailor cosmetic option.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I just realized something which I left out of the original post; the damage type modifiers. I'd still like those to be present, so this will be different from the current Aura system in an additional way.

Each "power replacer aura" will also provide a damage type modifier to applicable powers that it's linked to. This can be more than just the original "5%". It could even go as high as 50%, or in some cases - such as a munitions to energy guns mod - it could do a 100% swap.

I hope that this would be balanced, as it would mostly be modifying the damage type.