test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New 'standing poses', please.

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Suggestions Box
Can we get an update? I'd appreciate it, because we need some help.

'Normal' makes you look like you've never seen a new town.

'Heroic' is okay. It just moves too 'robotic'.

'Vixen' makes everything all... weird, but it's all right for some females.

'Huge' looks like you're having a poop.

'Huge Beast' looks like you're Gary Busey having a poop.

'Beast' works if you're into that kind of thing, I guess.

So, drop suggestions, any reference will do.

SeeDXlW.jpg

Would be cool, maybe add some breathing.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• Options
    bruci8578bruci8578 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's a good idea! I approve it! I just hope they're free though
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    This one:

And it already is in the game.

vbywm.jpg

Also:
    Walk for heroic female stance needs to be tweaked. It's terribly stiff and unnatural.

Maybe we could borrow a few walks and stances from STO, or NW?
  • Options
    zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    whould love swagger from sto and such.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Idea for new standing poses. o3o
    jryjrytnjetjndej.jpg
    03.jpg
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I share the same opinion about the current poses

Normal = really boring actually

Heroic = All my characters use this pose because it's the less stupid

Vixen = arg... Only 1 character use it

Huge = Nope

Huge Beast = Nope Nope

Beast = The character who used to have this pose was changed to Heroic because this pose is really silly! I like the beastial run I DON'T like the Beastial Idle! I don't like seeing the character Crouching
    I will I could combine Heroic stance + Bestial walk

As I said on this Old Thread which I can't Bump anymore because stupid 30 days inactivity) there are actually already some really AWESOME poses ingame... used when interactive with objects

xfe8.png

Those Four Poses along the 5th on the next picture sold it for me!

oryk.png
    (Poses asquired while interacting with the Mechanon Lore in RenCen)

Look at this, Armfold, Hands on Waist, Shy, a Fabulous pose that looks like Comedian from DCUO, sneaky e.t.c

JUST PUT THOSE STANCES IN TAILOR ALREADY FOR PETE'S SAKE
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I definitely support the idea of making the Bestial Run available independent of stance, perhaps as a free TP.

Also, could we tone down the breathing animations a bit? Seriously, if I try to use Huge or Huge Beast on a toon, he winds up panting like he's just finished a freaking marathon!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    beautfldssonancebeautfldssonance Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I use Heroic for all my characters that don't have claws or glowy palms and Normal for the ones that do. I think I have one that uses Vixen. I'd like more poses.

I think the current ones should be left alone (except Huge and Huge Beast could be a little tweaked, but I don't have male characters except Nemesises so I can't care that much.) I like that I can make my characters robotic if I want to, which some are. But I want all the poses from Star Trek Online added, along with the body resizing from STO where we can actually change the waist to make female characters more straight or curvy, or change the nose any way we want if we want to give our girls Roman noses and our men plastic surgery noses instead of the other way around, or just have shorter necks for any character, period.

"There is a point beyond which there is no return. That point must be reached." - Kafka

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Options
    thelostexilethelostexile Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't mind all the existing stances. (EXCEPT FOR AVERAGE ON FEMALE. NOBODY walks like that, you cannot defend that.)

But -more- stances would be really nice. I find that a lot of my female characters stick to only heroic and vixen. And my male characters just stick to Average, RARILY heroic. So I'm really only using a quarter of the stances available because the others are just too niche or they don't fit. (Or in the female average stance's case, just badly animated.) So please, the other stances from STO/NW or NPC stances that exist in game would be nice.

You already gave us the air guitar emote and others from the other games, we're well aware you are capable of doing this. (It just might be a little extra work due to more buttons in the menus and etc.)
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You must mean the heroic walk because I use average stance and walk.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I did this topic before...

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=254311

And yes, I still support having better idle animations, stances, and just more emotes in general.

/signed
  • Options
    thelostexilethelostexile Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You must mean the heroic walk because I use average stance and walk.

I can't remember which it is. I'm pretty sure it's the average walking animation that bothers me as opposed to the heroic walking animation (of which still is mildly robotic, but not nearly as bad.)
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't remember which it is. I'm pretty sure it's the average walking animation that bothers me as opposed to the heroic walking animation (of which still is mildly robotic, but not nearly as bad.)

The heroic walk is stick up bum walk, and it's.... bothersome.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Most of if not all of my characters use Heroic but more options would be nice.

/signed
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What if they also included that "flying" stance that the become doomlord and become celestial have, wrap them all up into a package and bung them on the c-store for the same price as the emote pack, sure not perfect solution, but better than nothing.

/signed
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    notyuu wrote: »
    What if they also included that "flying" stance that the become doomlord and become celestial have, wrap them all up into a package and bung them on the c-store for the same price as the emote pack, sure not perfect solution, but better than nothing.

I would love the hover stance. A pack featuring different stances would be great. If it included 4 new stances, I would spend the Zen.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally, I play both male and female chars as I find some ATs to work better with genders (no offense out there but I kinda preferred my female archer costume to my male archer) and I suck at designing costumes for females tbh (I dunno , I just do...) so I go with really simple dresses or tights&hood&cape (best for archers and bladed champs IMHO ) and the vixen post isn't bad at all. But I find my male characters having a dire need of new poses as they r not that great when I create an armored tank (yes I love the dragon armor + mech assassin braces + ro'inesh sword combo) . I am forced to use the "heroic" pose which does not make me look heroic at all.

Secondly, I think there needs to be a change with the block animation. When I block, my shield is slightly slanted to the side rather than facing the attacker.

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would love the hover stance. A pack featuring different stances would be great. If it included 4 new stances, I would spend the Zen.

Buying stances? Come on! Take a look at the 100% f2p players.... Don't make things too biased or there WILL be people saying that CO is too p2p with a f2p outlook

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Buying stances? Come on! Take a look at the 100% f2p players.... Don't make things too biased or there WILL be people saying that CO is too p2p with a f2p outlook

It is probably the only chance we have to get the stances unlocked for our characters.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Might also want to suggest that poses don't get overwritten by certain travel powers. That would be yummy.
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    'Huge' looks like you're having a poop.

'Huge Beast' looks like you're Gary Busey having a poop.

Cannot stop laughing at this.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    screenshot_2014_03_03_13_57_46_1.jpg
    This one. Stance pack plz. You don't even need to program them.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015