test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Real Lifestream

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
Hey, why do you guys dont make real livestreams from CO STAFF.. with the heads of the Staff talking about CO and explaining what they have in mind for the games future?

One good example is "Warframe" its a totally different game but i like how they anounce , advertise and love their game....

They have a community mamager who really often posts updates and reads forums posts and suggests things to the devs...and on top of they that make a livestream every other week and explain what is upcoming, what will be fixed, what will be implemented and so on...

i would love to see that for CO !!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lifestreams?
    I'd like to keep my life as private, not crossing to anyone elses, thank you.

And the 'future of the game' discussion has been discussed to death. There is no discussion of future content.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Lifestreams?
    I'd like to keep my life as private, not crossing to anyone elses, thank you.

And the 'future of the game' discussion has been discussed to death. There is no discussion of future content.

You work for Cryptic oO
  • Options
    skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I myself wanted to like Warframe, but honestly its a bigger grindfest P2W cash grab then PWEs own Blacklight which I gave up on for also being to much P2W.

PvP games that make grinding so bad its not a practical option and thus force the hand of paying for gear unlocks are pretty much pointless.

Id sooner get a next gen console for all that cost, and buy a few of their titles that usually make unlocking gear a very natural and smooth flowing process you do while enjoying the game.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What does "lifestream" mean?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What does "lifestream" mean?

I think she means livestream.

TT will fire one up on PWE's Twitch channel every once in a while. Most often, it's when there's some new hotness to show off in final PTS testing, like the Fire & Ice Rampage a few weeks ago.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lifestream = livestream

OP can write English better than I can for any other second languages I failed to learn.

We do very rarely get them. TT was promoted and we no longer have a dedicated CM. Kind of sad that interacting with customers is such a lowly position you can be promoted out of it.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That was close; thought that silver-haired guy was acting up again.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2014
    TT will fire one up on PWE's Twitch channel every once in a while. Most often, it's when there's some new hotness to show off in final PTS testing, like the Fire & Ice Rampage a few weeks ago.

Yep. Livestreams are great, but they're not really the best avenue for announcing things or committing to changes. Additionally, if we were to have the actual devs do the livestream, it would take them away from working on the game -- maybe just for a few hours, but it's time that could be spent on content and fixes.
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lifestream:

Also known as Spirit Energy, is an ethereal substance that streams beneath the surface of the planet of Gaia....Wait we're not talking about Final Fantasy?

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    sistersilicon half helped:

I think she means livestream.

Thank you.

What does "livestream" mean?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you.

What does "livestream" mean?

it's this site where on occasion TT will host a video of him in game to promote new stuffs and get other players involved.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thank you.

That seems like more work than just reviving the Until Reports.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you.

That seems like more work than just reviving the Until Reports.

I think it's easier to hop in front of a camera and showcase new stuff than it is to type all of it out and properly format it so it looks neat and professional.

That and one involves much less commitment.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    My view may be colored by the fact that I hate people speaking information to me that I can absorb in about a tenth of the time in text. That happens to me, sometimes, mistaking how my personal twitches react for overall reality.

You're likely right that it'd be easier for them (although, I would hope for a text transcript).
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    My personal gripe with livestreaming and youtube movies is that I can read the same information faster that it is spoken to me.
    So, yeah. I prefer announcements in text format.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can agree to both sides, I like to see things in action as a teaser of things to come, and it's always amusing when company reps come on and talk like "real people". On the other hand I do prefer to have the text version of information to recall later and accurately, especially when I may not have time to see the livestream so I can get the information afterwards as well.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yep. Livestreams are great, but they're not really the best avenue for announcing things or committing to changes. Additionally, if we were to have the actual devs do the livestream, it would take them away from working on the game -- maybe just for a few hours, but it's time that could be spent on content and fixes.

Well i dont want to step on someones carpet here but the game i mentioned started as independent game and they still have time to do livestreams.

From the comment you write here it reads like the devs are clocked up in the basement and hang around their screens for 24h a day, but the updates we get atleast dont "seem" like that.

The newer vehicles are a bit of work but then the rest are reskins.

Again no offense but the content we get is very little so that makes me atleast think there is only 2 people working on the Game.

I myself am a 3D Hobbyist and i also have had my head put in coding and mapping, ... if there is nothing in the secret room of development for CO then i really wonder what the devs are doing the whole day.

Please dont get my post as defaming or something .. this is all my personal opinion .. this is all what it looks like "to me" .. not sure what the majority of the game thinks though.

But if we cannot have more detailed and better organized livestreams i would atleast appreciate better "field reports"... statements of the head developers , some kind of interview filled with community asked questions.

thanks for reading