test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Playing around with demo record

mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
So I've recently been playing around with demo record to see what is possible in it. The funny thing is that it almost seems that almost anything is possible in it and I'm loving experimenting with what you can do with this feature.

ejtr1u.jpg

259wlj4.jpg

Failure first experiment.

Random second experiment.

Latest green screen experiment.
Post edited by mrhinkypunk on

Comments

• Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014
    lol the teddy and that girl in dat pose... :D
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So I've recently been playing around with demo record to see what is possible in it. The funny thing is that it almost seems that almost anything is possible in it and I'm loving experimenting with what you can do with this feature.

ejtr1u.jpg

259wlj4.jpg

Failure first experiment.

Random second experiment.

Latest green screen experiment.

Lol nice vids Imp! Say, how did you get teddy in that pose? O.o
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    blackfadesucksblackfadesucks Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    lucyisverylonelylucyisverylonely Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    <-- is very interested
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    become teddy and sitting on chair?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ah that was using a mix of 2 animation bit sets, putting it into the acrobatics movement made the legs end up going like that and the top half was the emote lookout where one arm goes down and the other goes up to the head.

I'm unable to change these things around on an npc so I had to change a player into the teddy bear costume with it's proportions. For example here is what happens when it all goes wrong:

121vl8x.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah that was using a mix of 2 animation bit sets, putting it into the acrobatics movement made the legs end up going like that and the top half was the emote lookout where one arm goes down and the other goes up to the head.

I'm unable to change these things around on an npc so I had to change a player into the teddy bear costume with it's proportions. For example here is what happens when it all goes wrong:

121vl8x.jpg

That gives me THE FEAR @_@!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Use Licecap to capture GIFs of your play time in there.

Rendering to images, combining into a video tends to drag things down with extra steps.

If you post that hands on hips file, anyone should be able to get a screenshot of their character on the green screen with that pose, by changing the character reference.

Maybe pastebin/ it, since its only text,
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Use Licecap to capture GIFs of your play time in there.

Rendering to images, combining into a video tends to drag things down with extra steps.

If you post that hands on hips file, anyone should be able to get a screenshot of their character on the green screen with that pose, by changing the character reference.

Maybe pastebin/ it, since its only text,

Well I started by just changing around the DEMO file however I ended up finding it easier to test player animations by bringing up the console in the demo play console.

Simply type this "Danimtogglebits" then you can type each animbit to make your player do that animation. I found if you call an animation such as the one for haymaker which is "charge targeted actionmode brick piledriver high brick" with danimtogglebits it will do the charge up animation for haymaker, then if you go and call it again it will do the finishing punch animation and end the animbit loop to the stance or any other animbit loops that you have going on. You can get some really odd things going on when stacking animbit loops, for example the mouth being open randomly is due to the haymaker animation going on while the other emote animations were too.

The dev hip emote is this:

"danimtogglebits dev hip emote"

Typing that in will make every player picked up on the demo file do that animation, to turn the emote off again type it in again.

I managed to get a few other NPC emotes such as the cheer they do in forum malvan and some npc emotes but I couldn't figure out exactly what animbits did it.
  • Options
    rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well I started by just changing around the DEMO file however I ended up finding it easier to test player animations by bringing up the console in the demo play console.

Simply type this "Danimtogglebits" then you can type each animbit to make your player do that animation. I found if you call an animation such as the one for haymaker which is "charge targeted actionmode brick piledriver high brick" with danimtogglebits it will do the charge up animation for haymaker, then if you go and call it again it will do the finishing punch animation and end the animbit loop to the stance or any other animbit loops that you have going on. You can get some really odd things going on when stacking animbit loops, for example the mouth being open randomly is due to the haymaker animation going on while the other emote animations were too.

The dev hip emote is this:

"danimtogglebits dev hip emote"

Typing that in will make every player picked up on the demo file do that animation, to turn the emote off again type it in again.

I managed to get a few other NPC emotes such as the cheer they do in forum malvan and some npc emotes but I couldn't figure out exactly what animbits did it.

This is a lot of fun to play with. Is there a list of the animbits somewhere?