test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

lvl 6 players with legion gear.

xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
I mean...I'm just saying....kinda sounds like a ridiculous balance issue when a lvl 6 toon is running around with full legion gear from the lockboxes, and has them slotted out with rank 9s right?

Just saying. Maybe if the devs are serious about balance, they should really look into this.

:biggrin:
Post edited by xcaligax on

Comments

• Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they were serious about balance we wouldn't have had the disaster known as On Alert. That's my two cents.
  • Options
    rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is a stupid waste of resources. Let people be stupid, they will get what they deserve.
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    QUOTE=xcaligax;4054911]Maybe if the devs are serious about balance[/QUOTE]

... comedic genius at it's most wasted.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seems like a wasteful thing to do...acquiring that gear and those mods at level 6 would be expensive no matter how you slice it...

if someone really wants to go to all that trouble just to get a leg up on all the other lowbies...then that's their mistake. Level 6 legion gear is not the same as level 40 legion gear.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    Seems like a wasteful thing to do...acquiring that gear and those mods at level 6 would be expensive no matter how you slice it...

if someone really wants to go to all that trouble just to get a leg up on all the other lowbies...then that's their mistake. Level 6 legion gear is not the same as level 40 legion gear.

No no, you are thinking about this like a human. For an alien like Caliga (from whatever planet he is not telling us he is from) this is completely normal.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its not a waste of resources considering that its amazingly cheaper to remove and move mods at that level on such low level gear.
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, in a balanced world, there would actually be a reason to take PSS END or REC...

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wouldn't that mean the Legion gear is stuck at being level 6 then? Doesn't that mean it'll get less effective as the player levels up?
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    Wouldn't that mean the Legion gear is stuck at being level 6 then? Doesn't that mean it'll get less effective as the player levels up?

You just replace it at every level up.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kallethen wrote: »

its stuck at lvl 6, but it also has 4 mod slots that can be slotted with whatever mod level.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yes, mercenary and legion is good for about 10 levels then you need to replace.
    The mod bonus will always be for level 6.
    n the other hand due to it being level 6, its cheaper to get the mods out.

Higher the level gear, the more it costs for the same mods to be removed.
    having said that, I had a character replace the Level 9 mission gear -primary utility(a cheif surhoff mission) at level 34. I just never got anything better.
    if the players want to waste legion gear at L6. that's their choice.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014
    lol i always used the armor i get from missions..lol or nemesis gear
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    I mean...I'm just saying....kinda sounds like a ridiculous balance issue when a lvl 6 toon is running around with full legion gear from the lockboxes, and has them slotted out with rank 9s right?

Just saying. Maybe if the devs are serious about balance, they should really look into this.

Well, if they're dumb enough to spend all that real money...

Think about how much they spent on keys to get the gear.
    Then think about how much they spent on the enhancers to actually BUILD level 9's (as they're pretty much unavailable elsewhere).

I mean it's POSSIBLE they bought level 8's and only upgraded to level 9's. But, likely, they got 7's and then paid for the 8 and 9 upgrades.

7-to-8 catalysts are $24 a pop
    8-to-9 catalysts are $30 a pop

3 pieces x 4 enhancements x 30 a pop = $360
    3 pieces x 4 enhancements x 54 a pop = $648

Basically these people paid between 1 and 2 LTS subs for a single character to have nice gear.

*I* wouldn't do it. But the current "pay to *win*" structure in the game allows for it. So more power to them.

* Note: The game isn't "winnable". I understand this. But that's part of the mentality of people who dump this sort of cash this way.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Is this you or Foxi doing this? I swear you lot have been drinking the ODD juice U_U"

Go away , far far far away. I refuse to deal with all this strange and unusual :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hey where's the pug pictures, you promised and I mean the small furry cute ones
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Its not a balance issue, as they level up the level 6 legion gear will eventually become useless. They'll need to get another set of legion gear... Getting it at that level isnt exactly a smart move at all. The devs dont need to look at this really..
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Its not a balance issue, as they level up the level 6 legion gear will eventually become useless. They'll need to get another set of legion gear... Getting it at that level isnt exactly a smart move at all. The devs dont need to look at this really..

Well, I have an alt with lvl 6 legion gear set, and he's using rank 7 mods. He absolutely destroys things 10 levels higher than him. He's lvl 11.

Just saying.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, I have an alt with lvl 6 legion gear set, and he's using rank 7 mods. He absolutely destroys things 10 levels higher than him. He's lvl 11.

Just saying.

And what happens when you get to level 40? You're going to end up replacing it anyway. its not game breaking, its fine and just makes leveling easier i suppose. If it lets you defeat cosmics in seconds then it may need to be looked at.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    And what happens when you get to level 40? You're going to end up replacing it anyway. its not game breaking, its fine and just makes leveling easier i suppose. If it lets you defeat cosmics in seconds then it may need to be looked at.

When you look at a stripped piece of Legion gear by itself, it's not all that impressive. What makes legion gear impressive? It's the number of mod slots. This is what I'm trying to point out.

a lvl 6 legion gear, still has 4 mod slots, that can be outfitted, with ANYTHING. lvl 6 legion gear is even comparable with lvl 40 heroic gear if modded a certain way. That is a definite balance red flag.

To put simply, in primaries alone, my lvl 11, is running around with 248 constitution, and 124 ego. And that's not even factoring his passive stats he gets from leveling, that's just from the lvl 6 legion gear, alone.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    When you look at a stripped piece of Legion gear by itself, it's not all that impressive. What makes legion gear impressive? It's the number of mod slots. This is what I'm trying to point out.

a lvl 6 legion gear, still has 4 mod slots, that can be outfitted, with ANYTHING. lvl 6 legion gear is even comparable with lvl 40 heroic gear if modded a certain way. That is a definite balance red flag.

To put simply, in primaries alone, my lvl 11, is running around with 248 constitution, and 124 ego. And that's not even factoring his passive stats he gets from leveling, that's just from the lvl 6 legion gear, alone.

Ah i see what you're getting at. :biggrin:

Now that you mention that, another thought comes to mind, if pvp was alive and had level restrictions, this would be a huge problem for certain players.. Have them level restricted so only level 40's may obtain them is what i would suggest to fix it. Otherwise i dont see why someone would spend so much money to have legion gear at such a low level in the first place other than dominate at pvp. Disregard my other post then. Now that i understand the issue... this IS potentially a problem for pvpers.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    The thing is, PVP *IS* dead (scatters doornails about for comparison).

This situation is a product of the goofy way Cryptic implemented gear and gear enhancements.

What's more, they're making money off this sort of thing.

Calling for them to nerf or disable things they've SOLD to players in the name of "balance" (of which the game has precious little) is rather suspect...

And, while we're at it, take a good, long, HARD look at this person. This is PWE/Cryptic's "ideal customer" This is what they'd like ALL of you to be doing.

So think about that.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The thing is, PVP *IS* dead (scatters doornails about for comparison).

This situation is a product of the goofy way Cryptic implemented gear and gear enhancements.

What's more, they're making money off this sort of thing.

Calling for them to nerf or disable things they've SOLD to players in the name of "balance" (of which the game has precious little) is rather suspect...

And, while we're at it, take a good, long, HARD look at this person. This is PWE/Cryptic's "ideal customer" This is what they'd like ALL of you to be doing.

So think about that.

I can't find what you're trying to say. "Suspect" of what exactly? And so you know, you could buy a legion box that has random gear from anybody, when you open it, it becomes the level of legion gear depending on what level your character is you opened it. So I'm going to go ahead and assume you thought I would open up a few lock boxes on a level 6, when really, all I did was buy the legion box.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    hey where's the pug pictures, you promised and I mean the small furry cute ones

It will need to be when they are sleeping as they all seem to be absolutely terrified of phones and cameras.

95f18a90830c4a9cf84d6554d9329a411390902998.jpg

Unlike my cat Ultraman he just doesn't give a $%^£ about anything ( the freak likes to swim and sit on the vacuum cleaner while its on ). If Ultraman opened a legion box he get level MINUS 6 gear.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Caliga, we should have a level 6 duel sometime. You with legions and r9's and me with nothing on.

Poker-Face.jpg

EDIT: Infact I just read back what I said and it seems maybe this meme is more appropriate:

3025-if-you-know-what-i-mean.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I can't find what you're trying to say. "Suspect" of what exactly? And so you know, you could buy a legion box that has random gear from anybody, when you open it, it becomes the level of legion gear depending on what level your character is you opened it. So I'm going to go ahead and assume you thought I would open up a few lock boxes on a level 6, when really, all I did was buy the legion box.

Basically what I'm saying is, if someone wants to spend a couple of hundred bucks in search of legion gear and building Tier 9 enhancements, LET THEM.

I honestly don't see an issue here. Not the way the game's monetization strategy is set up.

And someone beasting their way through low level content due to monster-enhancement shouldn't alter your (generic "your", not "You specifically Caliga") enjoyment of the game any.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree. Let 'em have fun however they want. And spend their cash however they want.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You got owned by a lvl 6? :p