test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caliga Build: Threatening Haymakers

2»

Comments

• oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So why use the Veteran's Core of Might for a measly +13 Con/Rec when you could throw in another Gambler's for extra crit chance?
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    Hi I got a few questions in doing your build and yes I don't got your full array of gear and mods yet with what I do have I got a STR of 365, CON 270, REC 68 an offence of 583.5, crit chance 23%, crit severity 95.5% and a defence of 333.5
    what I was asking is I seem to be having trouble holding threat, the other 2 powers I choose for the empty slots was a block and demolish for the BtB adv for the debuff I was wondering if instead of the chain attack I could put in thunderclap or unleashed rage, and was also thinking of putting in Defensive Combo (Crippling Challenge) to help increase my threat building but I don't know which power to switch out for it the block? Or do you think getting the same gear and mods your using with fix my threat generation? I'em running in the tank role
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Hey @xcaligax , 6 months later, how is your build going with the changes in the game? I noticed I get higher DPS than you now and @aiqa had a PA that out aggro'd you. MWAHAHAHAHA

But no seriously, how goes it?
    It still performs at a very high level. And @aiqa only managed to out aggro me a few times, but I was still able to get aggro back occasionally. The build still performs at a very high level.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Have you made any adjustments due to CDR nerf and the onslaught gear release?
    xrazamax said:

Have you made any adjustments due to CDR nerf and the onslaught gear release?

None at all. Works well still.
  • sodiq200sodiq200 Posts: 11 Arc User
    I tried making a One Punch Man version of your build :# , tried to stick to the original style as much as possible... >_>

PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name: Saitama

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Savage
    Level 6: Mighty
    Level 9: Enduring
    Level 12: Paramilitary Training
    Level 15: Physical Conditioning
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Relentless

Powers:
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Mighty Leap (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 8: Enrage
    Level 11: Uppercut (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Thunderclap (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Bionic Shielding (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 29: Unbreakable (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Demolish (Below the Belt)
    Level 38: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Superjump (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Superspeed (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Aggression (2/2)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)
    Man don't care bout all dat!....except nuggets ©_© B)
    edited January 2016
    sodiq200 said:

I tried making a One Punch Man version of your build :# , tried to stick to the original style as much as possible... >_>

It looks good. However, as a personal preference, I would take the 2 points placed into unbreakable, and instead put them into the healing adv that Enrage offers. You can never have too much healing, especially if the healing is coming from an adv where it activates automatically just by playing the build through your main attacks. I find that unbreakable being ranked 1 for the most part is unnecessary for current PvE content, and even with PvP, it's in my opinion, sub-par.

EDIT: After looking at it again, I think you could also instead place those 2 points into rank 3 bionic. Again, just an opinion.
  • Would Roomsweeper work as a replacement for Iron Cyclone for those that really dislike Iron Cyclone? I know this isn't a leveling build, but with the majority of the abilities (Cyclone aside) and the two open slots that I could use for thematic purposes, I kind of considered building my total Superman ripoff fun and original brawler-type character around this. The chain whipping thing is just... I can't. It always makes me feel like the one using it should be part of a biker gang. >.>

Would Roomsweeper work as a replacement for Iron Cyclone for those that really dislike Iron Cyclone? I know this isn't a leveling build, but with the majority of the abilities (Cyclone aside) and the two open slots that I could use for thematic purposes, I kind of considered building my total Superman ripoff fun and original brawler-type character around this. The chain whipping thing is just... I can't. It always makes me feel like the one using it should be part of a biker gang. >.>

Iron Cyclone is there to provide an AoE tanking function, while still maintaining a team friendly play environment. Roomsweeper is fine, but be wary that it knocks your targets really far, and you need to target something to use it. Iron Cyclone can be activated without targeting anything specific, and the knock distance is small enough to remain team friendly.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    If you have the imaginary melee weapons unlock, you might want to also consider Brimstone or Arc of Ruin; both powers are spammable AoE with (at least optional) knockdown.