test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does clicking "Featured Item" jump straight to the buy confirm dialog?

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
Can this feature open the More Info page in the C-Store instead of the buy confirmation dialog? I was hold space to lift while in flight and clicked a featured item. It automatically thought it was a confirm and bought the item.

Shouldn't it have have the decency to show me more info about the product first? Sure I clicked it, it means I'm interested, but is the game really that anxious to close a sale?

Look at the classic AIDA model:
  1. Awareness
  2. Interest
  3. Desire
  4. Action

So okay, you show the Featured Items. People see something they may have otherwise missed in the catalog. That raises awareness and drives them to interest. Cool. But the next phase is to convert interest to desire. Give them more information to make a more educated decision by send them somewhere with pretty picture previews. Jumping straight to the end of the funnel is just pushy.

It's a good thing I actually ended up liking how the Aura I bought looks with Mystic Flight, but this should really be fixed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll swap you. when I first started, I bought 10 character slots while I had something else highlighted.

But I usually click more info, not featured item, then it goes to the item page and gives me the info.

It may have been a combination with the other keys being pressed
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Welcome to capitalism.... communist style.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!