test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does Iniquity interrupt the buff on Thundering Kicks?

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Power Discussion
As topic, my buff wasn't kicking in when the iniquity animation cancelled the kick for some reason o_O
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Didn't know about that one.

The thing I ran into mostly while using TK, is blocking right after the 3 hit stops the buff from being activated.
    Did you try to do a fourth kick? That is what I do to make sure block isn't messing with the buff.

And animation priority needs do be looked over in general, the block anim MD tends to give, overwrites cleave for instance. The charge anim on annihilate overwrites the hit anim, and so does conviction.
    Iniquity overwrites almost all other animations, which is just annoying, you can't even see what you are doing when someone spams it on you.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    Didn't know about that one.

The thing I ran into mostly while using TK, is blocking right after the 3 hit stops the buff from being activated.
    Did you try to do a fourth kick? That is what I do to make sure block isn't messing with the buff.

And animation priority needs do be looked over in general, the block anim MD tends to give, overwrites cleave for instance. The charge anim on annihilate overwrites the hit anim, and so does conviction.
    Iniquity overwrites almost all other animations, which is just annoying, you can't even see what you are doing when someone spams it on you.

My rotation is like, Force Shield, EM, Lunge, about 12 TKs and repeat. Block can't possibly have interrupted 4 TKs in a row :O! But I noticed my character kept doing the Iniquity animation though.

I also ran again and requested the healer not use Iniquity and got my 100% dodge back. Very strange and probably needs more testing in controlled situation like the powerhouse.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have noticed the blocking problem on a toon w/ rank 3 TK sometimes. That was solo, though, so Iniquity prob wasn't a factor. I dun think I've encountered the same phenom on my toon w/ r2 TK + CC, but I'll have to keep an eye out for any oddities.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!