test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inertial Dampeners any good at all?

hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Power Discussion
I have been looking at these toggle skills and this one perplexes me. Inertial Dampeners says it gives me and all my allies a flat damage reduction. However, the reduction is, even after full investment, less than 1 point... Less than 1 point of damage? I fail to see how that would be worth any energy at all.

Am I not understanding this skill or is it really that unimaginably horrible?
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• Options
    ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Inertial Dampening Field scales on your superstats total.

If it says you gain a flat damage reduction of 1.2 then that means you did not and still do not have any superstats.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ayonachan wrote: »
    Inertial Dampening Field scales on your superstats total.

If it says you gain a flat damage reduction of 1.2 then that means you did not and still do not have any superstats.

It read more like .79 or something after getting it to rank 3 to test it out. It would be nice if it stated that it worked that way.

About how high does it usually get?
  • Options
    cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've seen it at around 90 at level 40.
    edited March 2014
    Took my PTS copy of my healer/support toon and retconnned to have IDF as her form. Her super stats on the PTS currently are CON 193, INT 171 and PRE 151. Rank 3 IDF with those numbers gives a 119 flat damage reduction.

IDF shines against smaller attacks like swarms of henchmen or powers that do rapid but small ticks of damage. It also is very nice if you combine it with Aura of Radiant Protection. Then it's like you are giving your teammates lesser versions of the Invulnerability passive (I used to do this, switched to Compassion though for moar healing reasons).
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    It read more like .79 or something after getting it to rank 3 to test it out. It would be nice if it stated that it worked that way.

About how high does it usually get?

At level 40 one will see it as around 143 at the most for the "average-high".

Reach level 40 then equip all three of your superstats while equipping gear that boosts said chosen stats.
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would only use IDF if:

1. I bring more than just myself to the party. Such as, a Pet Master. Then I can maximize the damage reduction due to it affecting everything.

2. I am in a group that is in specific need of it. Such as mentioned earlier, an AoRP/IDF damage prevention build.

The rest of the time, there will undoubtedly be a toggle that is a better fit for a toon than IDF.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the info all. Indeed, it does sound mostly useful as a mitigation for a lot of the spam-attacks. I think it could be alright for some of the Ice Builds though considering a lot of their effects do not trigger other forms like this.